chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:14 PM
Kimo
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jun 2011
496 Posts
I really like that idea of sailing someone elses boat for a race. It gives the less experience skippersan idea what it is like to sail a properly trimed boat and to enjoy sailing instead of wondering what is wrong with their boat. That plus a more experience skipperhas a chance to tell the boat owner what might be wrong with their boat..
Hircsailor is offline Find More Posts by Hircsailor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:11 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
LOL..like the old IROC series..
Yea...give me the controls to your boat....
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:29 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,422 Posts
Still here guys...

...been a little busy lately...did get in some sailing and fishing this weekend. Here are a couple pics...and ...if I get time I'll try to put together a video this week.

By the way John...my fuel presssure valve is leaking fuel through the diaphram...thanks for putting me on that...I think it will be the fix I'm looking for...now if I can just get to it...
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:37 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,559 Posts
Good..that'll be a cheap fix for now, until we can figure out the old school way..
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:07 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,441 Posts
9-11 we shall never for get!

Tuesday, Sept 11 our neighborhood is welcoming a very special new neighbor.
Here's the story:

A wounded Marine who lost three of his limbs while serving in Afghanistan will be presented with the keys to his new custom-built “smart house,” during an early-morning ceremony on the 11-year anniversary of 9/11.

Cpl. Juan Dominguez will be honored during a 6:30 a.m. ceremony on Tuesday, Sept. 11 at his new home in the Reserve at Paseo Del Sol a new Standard Pacific community in the wine country of Temecula, CA. The developer named the streets in this development with the names of some of those that died on 9-11 flight 93 to honor their memory.

The ceremony, which will include a motorcade and an American Flag display, will begin at 6:59 a.m., marking the time of the collapse of the South Tower of the World Trade Center.

According to a news release from the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Tower Foundation, which, in coordination with the Gary Sinise Foundation, led the effort to build Dominguez’s home, the new “smart home” will be draped in a giant American Flag and will be unveiled at the start of the ceremony.

Some 100 Marines from Dominguez’s battalion will be present at the ceremony, as will a U.S. Marine Corps quintet.

Construction of the roughly $600,000 home was financed through fundraising efforts, which included a benefit concert in Temecula featuring Sinise’s Lt. Dan Band. The two foundations have also raised enough money to finance construction of smart houses for another three wounded soldiers.

Dominguez was wounded in a mid-October 2010 assignment when he came upon a buried bomb that exploded on contact.

Dominguez chose to move to Temecula, he said, because it was centrally located between his physical training in San Diego, and relatives in Los Angeles.

To welcome the newest city resident, Temecula threw a reception for Dominguez in honor and declared Feb. 14, 2012 as “We Love Juan Dominguez Day.”

What a great honor to have this young man and his family as a neighbor. He is a very special guy and we are all in his debt as we are to all who serve our country.

I just took some pictures of our neighborhood - teams of neighbors were out posting 100s of American flags along the motorcade route. You can see the crane putting up a giant flag on his new home for the ceremony of Tuesday.

All of the neighbors will be there! Good stuff!

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Sep 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:46 PM
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
512 Posts
It is already 9/11 here in Asia and I wanted to post something.

I know this is a forum about the Nirvana, but I feel it is important to mention that we not forget about everyone that was lost in the 9/11 tragedy. All the victims and the public servants trying to save them that lost their lives doing their jobs.

We were all affected in different ways during and after that day.

Never Forget!
dwatson is offline Find More Posts by dwatson
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:26 AM
Kimo
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jun 2011
496 Posts
That is a great story to hear about. It does show that there are people out there that really care about our vets. So much different that my generation where we didn't even want to adimit that we were in the service, I so happy to hear that times have changed for the better. Boomer maybe you can get him out and let him sail one of your boats as we all know that there is nothing more relaxing than casual sailing and forgetting your problems for a while.
Capt. Crash come on over and I will let you sail any one of my boats that you want.
Hircsailor is offline Find More Posts by Hircsailor
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:05 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,559 Posts
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:05 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,559 Posts
Got my blade...so, Fairwind done..

RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:50 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,422 Posts
Anyone else just get this?

Message flagged

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:19 PM

RCGroups Password Security Notice

11 September, 2012

We are recently aware of a security breach which may result in the disclosure of user information, including email addresses and encrypted passwords.

While users with a password that is not easily guessed have less reason to be concerned, we nonetheless recommend that all RCGroups users change their passwords immediately. You can find some guidelines on what constitutes a strong password here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passwo...rong_passwords (For the nerds out there, the passwords were hashed with a per-user salt, meaning that each password would need to be deciphered individually.)

If you used the same password for RCGroups as for your email account, this is a no-no, and we recommend you immediately change your email account password as well. It is a bad idea to share passwords between any two accounts, so please use this opportunity to make sure you aren't doing that.

Please note that RCGroups will NEVER email you to ask for your password. Always be careful clicking links within emails, even if it appears that those emails came from us, as it is possible that the bad guys are trying to trick you.

We're sorry for any inconvenience. We've taken steps to prevent this from happening in the future. We will keep you updated if we learn anything else that could be of value to you.

The RCGroups Labs

Sender reply address says do not reply.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:05 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,422 Posts
I just got verifcation from RCGroups that this is a real message....bummer...
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:08 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Got my blade...so, Fairwind done..

Another great job John...
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:33 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,559 Posts
Yeah, we all got it.. em..
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:14 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,559 Posts
Back in '96 we started with the gas boats, here is a clip on a 50 inch cat, weight about 24 lbs with fuel, at the end you can see the power, as it will lift the nose and carry it up the straight..old camcorder tape..excuse the quality..

'96 50' cat (0 min 35 sec)
RCG Plus Member