View Poll Results: Poll Closed
cloled 0 0%
closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:07 AM
Registered RC Sailor
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
So sorry! We have changed our process on registrations and I am dropping the ball. I promise I will get ahead of it! Do you need your official number?
raegay is offline Find More Posts by raegay
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:12 AM
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudE. View Post
Scratchy101 & DW,

I had forgotten the reasons for a fractional rig and didn't go and check it out...should have. Thanks for all the good info. By the way, I did return the jib back to its original attachment points with the addition of individual adjustment bowsies for both. I have not changed the placement of the shrouds along the toe rail or on the mast.

I seem to have a bit of a problem is strong gusts for the boat to develop instant weather helm. Is there anything that can be done about this since we can't move the mast or tilt it much? I'll check out those sources for adjustment screws although I did find one at the LHS that is a clevis on a swivel.

Bud
Bud,

I have found that by loosening up on the backstay tension and almost removing it helps with the weather helm and allows the boat to point straight with little or no steering.

As far as heavy winds, I don't think there is much you can do. You can play with the backstay tension increasing and decreasing to find the sweet spot.

As far as clevis with a swivel. Crash uses a pull pull system that comes with clevis and wire on a few of his other boats with great success. I purchase my malin line from Bass Pro along with different weight rating swivels and other things.

The only way to make a clevis adjustable without the wire spiralling is to add a swivel of some sort somewhere either the top or the bottom.

Hope this helps.
DW
dwatson is offline Find More Posts by dwatson
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:37 PM
Still showing up for breakfast
Ontario Canada
Joined Mar 2009
1,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raegay View Post
So sorry! We have changed our process on registrations and I am dropping the ball. I promise I will get ahead of it! Do you need your official number?
Welcome to the forum Theresa.
Glad to see you are monitoring it.

BTW, is that idea feasible, issuing registration numbers with each Nirvana sold?

That would save a lot of hassle for the new owner and yourself too I would think.
lilleyen is offline Find More Posts by lilleyen
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:56 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raegay View Post
Welcome to our little party Theresa.

I checked out the Regatta report you put up on Sailrc...very nice...except the last pic is really dark...

You get that thumb drive yet?

BTW...I unofficially changed the number on the used to be #87 boat "Crimson Tide" here in Montgomery, to unlucky number 13. Partly because I puke at the thought of anything Rolled Tide and partly because we had too many number 87s at the regatta. That ugly TIDE boat has been converted for pirateering into the VULTURE. She gets her maiden tomorrow....pic coming soon...

I keep a running list of used numbers at our webpage. So please don't give that new one out here....nobody wants it anyway...thanks
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:02 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleyen View Post
Welcome to the forum Theresa.
Glad to see you are monitoring it.

BTW, is that idea feasible, issuing registration numbers with each Nirvana sold?

That would save a lot of hassle for the new owner and yourself too I would think.
I suggested that to Steve at the reagtta. I think there is a problem with Steve knowing who already has what numbers where. Not everyone posts whats already being used in their neck-o-the-woods like I do. Anyway maybe a note in the box with the new boat on how/where to register would work? Or is he already doing that?
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:06 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson View Post
find the sweet spot.

As far as clevis with a swivel. Crash uses a pull pull system that comes with clevis and wire on a few of his other boats with great success. I purchase my malin line from Bass Pro along with different weight rating swivels and other things.

DW
Yes go here to my YAMAHA build for the skinny.....post #36

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1463901&page=3

Crash
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:30 PM
God made wind for sailors
United States, FL, Summerfield
Joined May 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Crash View Post
Yes go here to my YAMAHA build for the skinny.....post #36

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1463901&page=3

Crash
I think I bought the same Dubro pull-pull you used, Crash. Seems to work just fine. that Yamaha is quite a boat!

Bud
BudE. is offline Find More Posts by BudE.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 06:45 PM
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
512 Posts
Quote:
I think I bought the same Dubro pull-pull you used, Crash. Seems to work just fine. that Yamaha is quite a boat!

Bud
The addiction has started.

I can see it coming now. The Nirvana is sucking you in.......

Keep the photo's coming. Alway as joy watching someone tweek their boat.

David
dwatson is offline Find More Posts by dwatson
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:38 PM
Canada, BC, Greater Vancouver Regional District
Joined Dec 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Scratchy101 & DW,

I seem to have a bit of a problem is strong gusts for the boat to develop instant weather helm. Is there anything that can be done about this since we can't move the mast or tilt it much? I'll check out those sources for adjustment screws although I did find one at the LHS that is a clevis on a swivel.

Bud
Look back a few pages and you will see that Steve moved his jib forward to reduce weatherhelm. That might be worth a try...
Scratchy101 is offline Find More Posts by Scratchy101
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:35 AM
Ontario Canada
Joined Mar 2009
1,096 Posts
Quote:
I suggested that to Steve at the reagtta. I think there is a problem with Steve knowing who already has what numbers where. Not everyone posts whats already being used in their neck-o-the-woods like I do. Anyway maybe a note in the box with the new boat on how/where to register would work? Or is he already doing that?
Would it help if we put our reg number in our avatar sigs?

Like this? (see avatar)
Last edited by lilleyen; Jun 09, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:24 AM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
United States, NY, Westchester
Joined Jul 2011
1,692 Posts
Please help me to understand the problem here. I realize I am old and apparently have a contrarian gene in my makeup but I thought that this was pretty clear.

Each Nirvana boat, upon owner registration, will be issued a hull number in sequence. The official sail number shall be the last two digits of the hull number. (from sail RC)
I.E. my assigned hull number is 796 making my sail number 96

Also in a regatta when 2 or more boats have the same sail number a temporary digit is placed before the 2 digit sail number. There is no mention of numbers being allocated to any particular area or club or arbitrarily choosing a different number. I suppose when sailing in your own sphere of interest you can put whatever you like on the sail but in a national event it is clear to me that each boat has one and only one sail number and that number will reoccur in every 100 boats registered.

So again, please help me understand the problem or need for any other lists than Steves and/or Theresa's.
sound sailor is offline Find More Posts by sound sailor
Last edited by sound sailor; Jun 09, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:52 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,424 Posts
A couple pics i took today....

...VULTURE off to a good start....
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:53 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound sailor View Post
Please help me to understand the problem here. I realize I am old and apparently have a contrarian gene in my makeup but I thought that this was pretty clear.

Each Nirvana boat, upon owner registration, will be issued a hull number in sequence. The official sail number shall be the last two digits of the hull number. (from sail RC)
I.E. my assigned hull number is 796 making my sail number 96

Also in a regatta when 2 or more boats have the same sail number a temporary digit is placed before the 2 digit sail number. There is no mention of numbers being allocated to any particular area or club or arbitrarily choosing a different number. I suppose when sailing in your own sphere of interest you can put whatever you like on the sail but in a national event it is clear to me that each boat has one and only one sail number and that number will reoccur in every 100 boats registered.

So again, please help me understand the problem or need for any other lists than Steves and/or Theresa's.
Not sure what your talking about....but I keep a list of all numbers in my club...around 33 or so now, so we don't duplicate them within our club.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:06 PM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
United States, NY, Westchester
Joined Jul 2011
1,692 Posts
Exactly what I'm talking about, Rob. If Steve/Theresa issue numbers sequentially to every boat registered, how do you keep from having duplicates in your club? Are they all registered? If so how do you keep from having duplicates issued? Does Steve have a separate group of numbers just for MMBA?
See why I'm confused (as always). If in fact Steve does issue the hull numbers sequentially as requests come in no one including Steve can make sure there is no duplicate it is decided by the next on his list.

BTW the Vulture looks great and the sails have a nice set to them.
sound sailor is offline Find More Posts by sound sailor
Last edited by sound sailor; Jun 09, 2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:06 PM
Ontario Canada
Joined Mar 2009
1,096 Posts
Quote:
...VULTURE off to a good start....
A vulture chasing a duck....

Now I've seen everything.