cloled 0 0%
closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 27, 2008, 01:07 AM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
Boat stands

My Nirvana II is on it's way, now I need to build a stand for it. Any ideas?
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2008, 09:06 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,460 Posts
There are lots of options. I used old TV trays with the top cut off...some are using camping stools (Wal Mart) with a slit in the top to accept the keel. I found a need to stake mine down too with a tent stake hooked over the cross piece to keep the wind from blowing the boat over.

Capt. Crash
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:43 PM
A beginner - believe me
Derby U.K
Joined Nov 2006
36 Posts
Moving the sail plan

Has anyone come up with a method of moving the sail plan forward to help cope with the higher winds.

The Victoria boys seem to recommend moving their mast through nearly 2 inches measured at 40 inches up the mast from the underside of their Transom.

Trying to get anywhere near this movement on the Nirvana seems to put tremendous tension in the Jib and Back Stays even without the Shrouds being tensioned at all. It seems to be the result of the mast stepping we have - it virtually fixes the mast into the deck, whereas the Victoria will simply pivot.

Any ideas . . . . . ?

Cheers,

firstfooty
Firstfooty is offline Find More Posts by Firstfooty
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:47 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,460 Posts
I think we are stuck with what we have...a fair weather boat!

The only other thing I can suggest is to remove the jib and try just the main on windy days.

Capt. Crash
Old Feb 28, 2008, 06:33 PM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
Thanks Capt. Crash,

I thought those were folding tv tables.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 08:56 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,048 Posts
Just FYI, Ultimate Hobbies has a price on the Nirvana 2 that seems to be pretty amazing. Check it out. $144.95 Add 6 bucks in parts to take it over $150 and shipping is free.

I got my ETNZ from them at over $70 less than Tower. $214.95 Tower said they couldn't match it because they pay more than Ultimate's Price. Which was odd, but oh well.
hpiguy is offline Find More Posts by hpiguy
Old Mar 04, 2008, 05:28 PM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
I came home last night to find my new Nirvana II waiting for me. I put it together no problem. It came with a wood stand that is short enough that the keel bulb just barely touches the ground. I will use that stand for storing it, but build something taller for the lake.

All in all a pretty nice boat for the money. Looks to be well designed for performance. Not bad at all.

Any pics of what people have built for sail transport protection?
Old Mar 04, 2008, 06:45 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,460 Posts
Here's a couple of solutions.

Capt. Crash
Old Mar 04, 2008, 08:02 PM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
Thanks Hoghappy,

Both sail protectors are fine for the intended purpose, and I just happen to have some cardboard in my garage so I will build that first.

Captain Blaze is kicking some serious behind with her custom sail protector! Do you have more info as to what she made it from. Maybe close up pics?
Old Mar 05, 2008, 03:37 PM
The dog ate my clearance
Joined Jan 2004
1,097 Posts
Nirvana vs Nirvana II

Hello all, question from a sailing newbie: Would like to buy one of the Nirvana boats. Have heard the Nirvana II is much better than the original Nirvana; can one of you experienced skippers tell me the differences between the two models, other than the stronger servo? I'll be using my own radio equipment, so don't really care what electronics it comes with. What do you recommend for a dealer? Thanks.
brokenspar is online now Find More Posts by brokenspar
Old Mar 06, 2008, 09:56 PM
Ladysmith Vancouver Island
Joined Feb 2008
577 Posts
hey everyone I've just joined your ranks... I bought a Nirvana 2 off ebay it got shipped today

thanks for all the great info , I won't be doing any formal racing with mine.. it's mainly for when the power boats run outta battery!
Reckless is offline Find More Posts by Reckless
Old Mar 07, 2008, 11:29 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,460 Posts
SD rc boater,

The sail protector is made of a thick type of paper board she got at “Michaels”. She added Velcro strips to hold down the sails and a little Velcro handle as well…pretty smart lady. I will try to get some pics this weekend for ya.

Brokenspar,

Contact Steve Lang @ http://sailrcnirvana.com/ He is in your area and is a local dealer that is about to move to Tennessee. He is the expert on these boats….a real nice fellow…tell him Robert of Montgomery Model Boat Club referred ya…he can answer most all your questions better than I can.

Reckless,

Welcome to the site and to sailing…you will love these lil boats.

Capt. Crash
Old Mar 07, 2008, 05:36 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Mar 2008
142 Posts
I just wish that someone would get the "pro" versions in stock!! Steve said he's have them soon, but... still waiting!! (I'm not the patient type!!)
wlrottge is offline Find More Posts by wlrottge
Old Mar 07, 2008, 09:16 PM
The dog ate my clearance
Joined Jan 2004
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoghappy
SD rc boater,

Brokenspar,

Contact Steve Lang @ http://sailrcnirvana.com/ He is in your area and is a local dealer that is about to move to Tennessee. He is the expert on these boats….a real nice fellow…tell him Robert of Montgomery Model Boat Club referred ya…he can answer most all your questions better than I can.

Capt. Crash
Thanks Capt Crash; my boat's on its way.....
brokenspar is online now Find More Posts by brokenspar
Old Mar 07, 2008, 10:32 PM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
Nirvana II maiden voyage.

I took the Nirvana II out for her maiden voyage. All went well for the 2+ hours she was sailing. Pretty nice boat for the money.

Pics will come later. My camera is too high of a megapixel camera and I need to resize the pics to make them fit the file limit.
Last edited by SD RC Boater; Apr 28, 2008 at 03:42 AM.