Old Aug 13, 2011, 05:23 PM
Still showing up for breakfast
Ontario Canada
Joined Mar 2009
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy2 View Post
Boomer

thank you for the data. i will have another go at adjusting the sheets in the morning based on your photos. i have just plum ran out of time.

i did stick the boat in the pool, and i actually got it to sail on a reach.

i believe i have the rudder in a decent position now. i emailed steve as well, and he did send a very good reply. we are all on the same page, capt, you and I.

ill tweak more tomorrow

but here are a few pics
Beautiful boat Pappy2.
Glad to see you got your hands on it at last!

The way I solved the sharp holes in the boom problem was to insert one of those little smooth metal grommets that you can buy at a dressmaker or art supply places by the package. They look like the grommet on pop rivet.
I used some black ones.
(There were brass, white and black in the package). Perfect fit, one on top and one on the bottom of each boom . Totally invisible, nice and smooth.
lilleyen is offline Find More Posts by lilleyen
Last edited by lilleyen; Aug 14, 2011 at 06:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2011, 06:03 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,010 Posts
Great pics, Rob..
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2011, 06:06 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,010 Posts
All these hints and tips are all thru this thread, much work and aggravation could be staved off by some reading prior to messin around..

There are more than a few ways to get around the jagged edges CF pieces have, one would be not use the holes..like I said read this thread, its the most comprehensive data on this boat ANYWHERE....

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Aug 14, 2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 08:56 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,514 Posts
And there is no charge! Who could ask for more!

Boomer
Boomer1 is online now Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Aug 14, 2011, 07:08 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,444 Posts
Pic for this morning...
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Aug 14, 2011, 07:10 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,010 Posts
No weekly movie??
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2011, 05:13 PM
Joined Aug 2011
400 Posts
Happy Sunday everyone.

I was having my morning coffee and reading this thread when the wife came down and said, so let's see your little boat....

So I took it outside and put it in the pool. This Nirvana was like a caged animal. This was probably the last time I have it in the pool. I NEED to find a pond. I had a very nice wind going and was doing everything I could from hitting the sides. I even had a puff that gave the boat a knockdown. After 10 min she was bored, and asked if I wanted to go to get breakfast.

When shutting down I noted a bit of water in the electronics area. I left everything open to dry. That was all this morning at 8am.

After doing several chores today I'm back at reading the thread when I came across post number 1544. That's when I remembered I had a balloon that came in the box. I am looking at the 2nd photo so I can do the same. Here is my question. What exactly is in the balloon besides the battery harness? I am seeing no other wires in the compartment, so I'm assuming all the wires are, but then I see on the right side, the end of the battery connect. So, now my guess is only the bat harness? Did you then just WAY neatly stow the rest of the wires?

Chidago, are you boating every weekend? What's the likelihood of hooking up to sail for an hour or so sometime soon?

Rudder update: I'd like to thank several people including Steve I helping me with the rudder. I believe I have it close now. But I'm not 100% happy.

Boom update. Thanks to Boomers pic's, I believe I have this good to go now as well. I'd like to note that I have my hook all the way at the last hole. So it kinda has to be good

That's all I got for now. Tomorrow after work I will be going to find a pond that I can sail in.

Btw, in the classified area, someone has a Yamaha for sale. Omg.... Its that or a tug... But wow what a deal. Very tempting. It's a great looking boat. Especially with people on deck. BUT..... I need a tug.... *sigh*

Peace
Pappy2 is online now Find More Posts by Pappy2
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:29 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,444 Posts
Pappy...great looking boat....

Here is a pic of the railing off my tug...if you want it, send me a pm with a mailing address. I have a lot going on today guys, but I will try to get up some Nirvana pics.

Crash
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:46 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,444 Posts
This mornings' pic....3 Nirvanas and a Footy...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 01:56 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,010 Posts
My Fiance gave me a footy..a beautiful little boat
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Oct 13, 2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 02:01 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,010 Posts
And, I liked it too!!

RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2011, 02:03 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,010 Posts
Then I gave her a footy too
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Oct 13, 2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:31 PM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,249 Posts
Careful - the forum isn't restricted to adults only !

Just a thought to consider unless you like moderator warnings from the past. If certain air-bodily functions aren't acceptable, this one might not be either.

BTW - I had no part in prior moderator interventions.
Dick L. is online now Find More Posts by Dick L.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 05:14 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,010 Posts
Adults? I'm referring to the tiny sailboat my fiance is playing with in our lake, what kinda inference did you get from that??

As far as moderators go, I am way past the age of anyone telling me what to do, or say.. period.

No thoughts of you being the rat, Dick.

If puritan frustrated minds wish to put freaky connotations on things, thats their own issues that might just need counseling, before they lose it and act on their issues..

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Aug 15, 2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 05:23 PM
Still showing up for breakfast
Ontario Canada
Joined Mar 2009
1,100 Posts
OK here's some pictures.

Got my 985MG servo in the mail today. just the barebones in an envelope, no screws or grommets or arms etc. but that's OK, the price was right, it's new and I already have all that stuff anyway.

I'll try and get some before and after pictures in here.

Swapped out the AR6000 receiver for an AR6110 too, because I'm trying to fix up an old sailboat I have here for my grandson, and I'm going to use the Dx5e and the AR6000 in that.

I had to get another receiver anyway for the other boat. It's not really an RC sailboat, just a modified kit toy boat I aquired from somebody a hundred years ago.
It's rudder only with manually adjustable sails.
Guess I'll put the 645mg in there for now.

I do have an old Heathkit 8 channel 27 lying around here, and a not so old Futaba 72 (airplane channel), but the pond gets crowded with kids and their 27 Mgz boats, and it just wouldn't work out, so I'm sticking with 2.4 all the way.

To control my new AR6110, I up and bought a a new DX6i DSMX transmitter.

I've needed an excuse to buy a DX6i anyway as I have a couple of gliders and a 3 park flyers, and a helicopter not getting much use at the moment, it being such a hassle to reprogram my DX5e every time I use them. (they're all 2.4)
With 10 model memory, all that will be in the past.

Had to do it that way because the DX6i won't play nice with the AR6000 because it's only DSM. No prob with the Dx5e though, the AR6000 works fine with it.
So I switched out the RX.
The AR6110 is really tiny, fits anywhere, I have one in my Eflite Nieuport 17 parkflyer.

SWMBO hasn't noticed the new TX yet, as they all look the same to her.
I'm certainly not going to bring it to her attention.!!
lilleyen is offline Find More Posts by lilleyen
Last edited by lilleyen; Aug 16, 2011 at 07:23 AM.