Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:49 PM
Still showing up for breakfast
Ontario Canada
Joined Mar 2009
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Crash View Post
Here is a pic of my 104mph (so far) Yaris with the new boat...I thought I was going to have to remove the rudder and keel for transport, but as you see I don't have to do that after all....me be soooooooooooooooo
Nice boat Captain! Like the figures.
One metre right?

I have been able to transport my Nirvana in my Honda Civic by removing the keel, and CAREFULLY working the boat into the back seat, top of mast touching the back window and hull lying sideways on some soft "stuff" on the floor.
Put my radio gear, folding boat trolley, and toolkit in the front seat.

Don't know what I'll do if my wife decides to come along.
Don't think there is much chance of that anyway.
lilleyen is offline Find More Posts by lilleyen
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:04 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleyen View Post
Nice boat Captain! Like the figures.
One metre right?
Yes it is a discontinued, 1M kit and thanks for the comment. Here is the thread I just did on the new build and a pic of her maiden:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1463901
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:21 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,537 Posts
It looks like that back seat folds down - if it does you might be able to put the Yamaha in there fully assembled by laying it down on it's side. I do that with my wife's PT Crusier - works fine. I transport my Yamaha that way on my golf cart all the time.

I have a soft towel under it and another one under the ballast pod so it doesn't scratch up the cart or the pod. No problem.........................

I don't like taking any of these things apart - once I get them tuned up I like to keep that way. (lazy in that way) When ever we get a new car it will be a Sport Ut of some kind - the PT works well in a pinch.

Don't know how fast the PT will go. It is has a turbo charged 220HP 4 banger in a 2000 lb car - it is amazingly quick and can stay with most anything for 1/8 mile, then it runs out of cubic inches - hey, that's about all you can get away with any more on the street - except for "chidago" -

Crash - back in the day - I had two vetts - 60 and 62 - I raced both of them (drag racing) and some dare I say, "street racing". Both were very fast at the time. I guess anything that can do the quarter in 10 or 11 seconds is still pretty fast, although more common these days.

Once I got into the High Performance boating thing my interests changed - the sensation of speed on water is so much greater than on land - while I will always like fast cars, I prefer the rush going over a hundred on water provides as compared to that in a car.

100 in John's vett as smooth as silk. In a boat not so much. Done it in an 18' ski boat and in 38 and 40+ foot off-shore boats. Loved it!!!

But now, the old body likes "sittin and sippin" a few cool ones while sailing my beautiful RC Sailboats with my buddies.

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Aug 11, 2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:27 PM
Evansville, IN
Joined Jul 2002
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Eleven, any word from Lang on your boat??
If this was a ref to my earlier post, he did get back to me. Does not sell without electronics but has some older stock (blue only - YUCK) that has the fm electronics in them that he will sell at a reduced cost.

Haven't decided what I will do yet as I have been doing a LOT of reading about the TT Victoria and it looks interesting also. I'm going to be out of town until early next week and Nirvana's wouldn't ship out until at least the 22nd according to their website (vacation??) so I can somewhat "postpone" my decision for a few days. I do kind of like the idea of actually "building" the Victoria.
11290 is offline Find More Posts by 11290
Last edited by 11290; Aug 11, 2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:49 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Boomer the seat folds down, but I have 2 chairs, a folding table, a roll away toolbox, an umbrela, a folding dolly, rescue tug and other boats...etc...etc to carry too...so I can't fold the back seat down. I have to remove the sails and carry them in folders like the one in this pic.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:14 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
If this was a ref to my earlier post, he did get back to me. Does not sell without electronics but has some older stock (blue only - YUCK) that has the fm electronics in them that he will sell at a reduced cost.

Haven't decided what I will do yet as I have been doing a LOT of reading about the TT Victoria and it looks interesting also. I'm going to be out of town until early next week and Nirvana's wouldn't ship out until at least the 22nd according to their website (vacation??) so I can somewhat "postpone" my decision for a few days. I do kind of like the idea of actually "building" the Victoria.
Vic's are very nice boats - recently sold one - good light wind sailor. To make them go takes some upgrades and rigging mods - To be candid, I didn't enjoy sailing it nearly as much as I do the Nirvana's. It is a bit shorter than a Nivana which amoung other factors, gives the Nirvana a wider range of wind conditions than the Vic.

There is a good infomation on this forum on the Victoria's. I sold mine to a fellow in New York that has buddies that race them. They have all been highly upgraded with custom sails carbon fiber masts and booms, special light weight servos - they have figured out how much the boat has to weight to be competitive in their group!

I think the fellow that purchased mine referred to them a being "nuts". Now he is one of them, and has since pumped in almost $200 bucks to get him competitive.

Enough on that - to each his own right? This boat thing is all relative to your own tastes. There are facts to consider when buying these things -and it is easier to chat and read a little before actually buying one. I am impulsive as the next guy, and like to buy different boats and planes - but have found this forum to be a great resource for learning about these and other RC boats and planes.

My last remark (maybe) is that I have had one Victoria and four Nirvana's.
Each time after selling a Nirvana I missed sailing it. I have learned now and plan on keeping the 4th one for the some time.

I don't miss sailing the Victoria - that's my story and I am stickin to it..........

Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; Aug 11, 2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:18 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Aug 2011
416 Posts
Pappy's heart got a racing, when my daughter just called me at work to inform me UPS came and dropped 4 boxes!

"who are they from, who are they addressed to?"

Box #1 = mom's

Box #2 = mom's

Box #3 = mom's

Box #4 --- yeah none of these are yours dad...

Pappy to continue waiting
Pappy2 is offline Find More Posts by Pappy2
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:25 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Pappy's another kid at Christmas....
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:28 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,537 Posts
Quote:
Boomer the seat folds down, but I have 2 chairs, a folding table, a roll away toolbox, an umbrela, a folding dolly, rescue tug and other boats...etc...etc to carry too...so I can't fold the back seat down. I have to remove the sails and carry them in folders like the one in this pic.
Crash
Have you considered a small trailer?
I understand now.

Boomer
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:30 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,368 Posts
Rick,
my fast boat days are gone, never did the offshore stuff like you, always did drag, was #3 in the nation in the vintage year of '83, uh, thats 1983... knowin you were gonna capitalize on just the (83)..

But, here is a pic of my son's toy, Bill at Checkmate did me a 1 off, nice comfortable boat that can hold 6, but, its a sleeper, has the LAST of the 2 stroke 2.5 race 250's on it, jack plated, blueprinted bottom, I let him have have enough prop for high 80's, low 90's, I have had the boat at 112..which is flying for a small boat.but, thats with a merc race prop, $4500 worth.
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:31 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,537 Posts
Pappy
Isn't great to get excited about toys again! You gotta luv it!
It gets better, when it arrives, then you have to wait to sail it.
Enjoy the anticipation!
Boomer
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
Pappy's another kid at Christmas....
guilty as accused
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:34 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,537 Posts
Quote:
Rick,
my fast boat days are gone, never did the offshore stuff like you, always did drag, was #3 in the nation in the vintage year of '83, uh, thats 1983... knowin you were gonna capitalize on just the (83)..

But, hers a pic of my son's toy, Bill at Checkmate did me a 1 off, nice comfortable boat that can hold 6, but, its a sleeper, has the LAST of the 2 stroke 2.5 race 250's on it, jack plated, blueprinted bottom, I let him have have enough prop for high 80's, low 90's, I have had the boat at 112..which is flying for a small boat.but, thats with a merc race prop, $4500 worth.
It is clear the "apple didn't fall to far from the tree". "Like Father, like son" they say, except he ain't OLD like his Dad!!

Boomer

"dats ah nicea boata"
Last edited by Boomer1; Aug 11, 2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:35 PM
Joined Aug 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
Rick,

But, here is a pic of my son's toy, Bill at Checkmate did me a 1 off, nice comfortable boat that can hold 6, but, its a sleeper, has the LAST of the 2 stroke 2.5 race 250's on it, jack plated, blueprinted bottom, I let him have have enough prop for high 80's, low 90's, I have had the boat at 112..which is flying for a small boat.but, thats with a merc race prop, $4500 worth.

omg..... is that.... no it cant be.. is that Old Chicago in the background?

EDIT: NO sorry thats Navy pier sorry
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:49 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,368 Posts
Yup, navy pier, first time he had it out this season..
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Aug 11, 2011 at 02:58 PM.