cloled 0 0%
closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 02, 2011, 01:38 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,715 Posts
So, here is Me, my wife, youngest Son and his fiance, at a "family" function..

chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2011, 10:43 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,472 Posts
Hope you all have a great 4th and that we all take time to consider how fortunate we are to live in such a great Nation.

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Jul 03, 2011, 02:38 PM
ralph
Antelope, CA 95843
Joined May 2004
131 Posts
Boomer thanks for reminding us, you are so right, we do have a great nation. Stars & stripe forever…
From and old US Army guy Ralph
ralphhager is offline Find More Posts by ralphhager
Old Jul 03, 2011, 05:26 PM
Joined Apr 2011
90 Posts
"""drive on """"
capt absent is offline Find More Posts by capt absent
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:40 AM
USA, TX, Weatherford
Joined Jan 2011
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphhager View Post
Boomer thanks for reminding us, you are so right, we do have a great nation. Stars & stripe forever…
From and old US Army guy Ralph
The Price of Freedom is Not Free. Happy Fourth All.
Skyshaker is offline Find More Posts by Skyshaker
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:06 AM
Joined Dec 2006
74 Posts
Spring flood

Durn Dang It!! Our Small group of Nirvana sailors (8) just lost our "River Walk Park Ponds" sailing venue to da spring floods.....Yah, spring in WYoming does start in July!! Now "A River Runs Thru It". Before and yesterday pics:

R. Nordeck is offline Find More Posts by R. Nordeck
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:28 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,715 Posts
Nice to see you SS, haven't in a while, and you too, R !!

As a Vet, today I remind myself that all the complaining we do in this country about this and that, this senator, that congressman, etc, is because we CAN!!

That we have a free country, one we can make mistakes in, and learn by em, and can CHANGE em, too.

That took a lot of lives, a lot of men with determination, and values.

Proud to be.....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:57 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,715 Posts
A quote from a friend of mine, and someone you all know..

"Find a way to say Thank You to our Military"

For many years after my service in combat in Vietnam, I buried the emotions of those dark days. Not until 2003 (34 years later), did I travel to Washington, D.C. to place my hand on the Wall, touching the names of those brave, yet common men who lost their lives so unselfishly by my side. None ~ none wanted to die for their country, but they accepted that possibility in every waking thought and action. As my comrades and I stood and prayed on a grass-covered rise near the Wall, the tears fell again. We grieved a personal and collective loss for those who did not come home.

I can tell you from my personal experience that soldiers do not want to fight, to be physically or mentally wounded, or die. They do not make the decisions that send them into danger, and yet somehow they summon the courage when the time comes, to perform the most hideous of all tasks. I, and my Vietnam comrades in arms, came home to an ungrateful nation ~ and I can tell you the pain we felt was immense. We carried the mental and physical wounds of war, and yet we were shunned by our own countrymen as if somehow it was "our" war, our making, our personal doing.

We may not all agree with the policies that put our military in harm's way, but honoring our military's service, sacrifice, and commitment is the responsibility of all that enjoy freedom. I hope you will join me in honoring our men and women in the military, past and present. We should never take their service and courage for granted, nor should we ever blame them if we disagree with the reason why they face the horror of war.

Find a way to say “thank you” so that it can be heard. Be there for a vet that has had their life forever changed by what they have witnessed, and now carry buried inside.

Steve Lang
USMA '63
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2011, 10:51 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,715 Posts
As a side note, Steve also sent me some pics of one of his one off sailboats, the was not a kit, came assembled, this boat has a servo contolled canting keel, allows the user to control the angle of the keel..

The boat is fast, He says...

Rick has interest in this boat, but, I like the German boat best as a high line boat..

Featuring :

• a length/beam ratio similar to top development class boats the monocoque carbon hull is packed with go-fast & look good features.

• 4 radio control channels allows individual trim of mainsail and headsail, rudder control and unique to this class a fully canting keel.

• Keel, rudder and rig are completing removable for transportation

• Hull will be available in clear coated carbon finish or any other colour you desire.

The Ultimate Warrior is designed to go ballistic, look stunning, challenge the most experience RC skipper and be the most fun, Ultimate radio yachting experience.

S P E C I F I C A T I O N

Length Overall 980 mm
Hull carbon
Deck carbon/glass
Foils carbon
Spars tapered anodized aluminum
Radio Controls Futaba 4 channel
Radio Range 200 m
Beam 240 mm
Draft 405 mm
Displacement 3500 g
Overall Height 1860 mm
Ballast 1900 g
Cant Angle 45 degrees
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Jul 04, 2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2011, 08:58 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,437 Posts
Interesting stuff above...love the tommy gun pics.

If the "Wall" doesn't well up a Veterans eyes...nothing will...my thanks go out to all the vets past/present/future.

I hope you guys didn't eat as much as me yesterday...I'm still full this morning...

ok...tell me what and where for decent shroud/stay turnbuckles?

I've never bought any so I have no clue as what to get.
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Jul 05, 2011, 09:50 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,715 Posts
Crash, I used some dubro things, about 3 bucks..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2011, 10:48 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,437 Posts
Thanks John!

Hey while I was out there looking I found this available at a number of places. It really looks cool...anyone tried it?

Here's some info on it: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEVW5&P=7

I don't see hole in the top to loop the cable through...is it pinched down inside or something?
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:06 AM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Mar 2002
1,385 Posts
i think with thous you unthread the top cap, put the wire in the top, and bend it up. i think there's a channel in the threads for the wire. screw the cap back down, and do your adjustment. i could be wrong though.

i use a clevis clip with a dubro connecting screw. it has a hole in the top for the side stay. put a nut on it to lock it in place. i think that's what chidago is showing in his pic.
doomracing is offline Find More Posts by doomracing
Old Jul 05, 2011, 02:00 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,437 Posts
I found a thread on the very subject from last year: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1278635&page=2

I'm thinking of trying the same 2-56 ones rcsoar4fun posted about with these pics. The supplied cable isn't coated, but I can change that to 30lb leader if needed. I just like the smaller size and the way they look better than the bigger dubro system.
Old Jul 05, 2011, 02:44 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,472 Posts
SS Rigging screws

Rob
The item you have in the picture is a clevis. It can be used for this purpose. I prefer to use either of the two shown below.

Here is the straight info on the rigging screws. Rigging Screw, Single End M3 Thread Dia. Part # 30-030
http://www.sailsetc.com/fitrig.htm
30-030 Rigging screw, single end $2.85 each

https://www.radioyachtsuppliesaustra...ter-Image.html $5.70 each

The Pekabe Code: FIT-P482 can be purchased from a number of places: http://www.pekabe.com/cgi-bin/mivavm...tegory_Code=SR

and possibly from Radio Yacht Supplies Australia?

There ya go.
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Jul 05, 2011 at 09:02 PM.