closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:57 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,438 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Congrats on the new Nirvana. I am confident you will enjoy it. Sounds like you are ready for it too.
Did you order it stock or with the upgraded servos package? The boat works well with the factory servos, it's just better with the more powerful servos. It really only comes into play in heavier wind conditions.

Where will you be sailing it? Let us know if you have any questions. With you other RC experience you should catch on very quickly.

Enjoy
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2011, 07:14 PM
United States, CA, Murrieta
Joined Jun 2011
15 Posts
I ordered the standard Nirvana from sailrc. I know it's 2.4 now and they removed the Nirvana II name returning it to Nirvana, but don't know if that means all the electronics are upgraded. For now I'm just going to add a sponge where the sail stays enter the electronics compartment and learn to sail on the stock equipment. After time I'll probably upgrade the boat to use my DX7 with a spare receiver, and possibly upgrade the servos with some spares that I have.

I really don't want to get too much into tuning and modifying. Would rather keep it simple at this point. I think that's why I burnt out on the other RCs. Constantly upgrading components, tweaking settings, adding more power and then breaking more expensive parts.

I just want to sit with my feet in the water and poke around.

I'll probably sail mostly on Menifee Lakes when I'm up there. Lake Wohlford and Dixon Lake are a short drive for me, but I don't know if they'll let RC boats on with the Quagga mussel concerns. I heard Lake Hodges lets gas/electric RC boats run and that's right next to my work, so may check that out too. If all else fails, I'll head down to Mission Bay and check out the RC pond and the coves there.
cmayer is offline Find More Posts by cmayer
Old Jun 30, 2011, 07:20 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,552 Posts
You will find you bought WAY more than a toy boat...

welcome !

chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2011, 08:13 PM
Joined Jun 2011
15 Posts
I hope so! Actually, that's why I went with the Nirvana. Seems like the perfect boat for me. It appears easy enough to learn on in multiple wind conditions, yet advanced enough to keep me learning. I doubt I'd be happy with a cheaper model, or a knock off with issues.

I have a tendency to dive in head first, so this should be a good way to jump into RC sailing. Can't wait to get it next week and hopefully in the water next weekend!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 08:53 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,552 Posts
All the info and needed modifications are in this thread, most comprehensive data base on the Nirvana is right here, we have CORRECT input from everyone associated with the design, production, sales, and sailing of that boat. plus, a lotta smart mouth from me, a weekly movie, and insults from everyone..

If you have any questions, shoot em in here, there's a answer..and, if you get interested in class racing, most of the members of the national board of directors for the Nirvana class are here, Boomer being one, and Crash, the founder of this thread, another..and the butt wipe national class sec'ty comes around too..nobody likes him, tho, he gotta foul mouth, I heard..

Please take the time to read the earlier pages, all the questions you gotta have are in them, trust me..as I said earlier, welcome !!

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Jun 30, 2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 09:31 PM
Joined Jun 2011
15 Posts
Thanks for all the info and the warm welcome! Will post pics once I have her up and sailing.
Old Jul 01, 2011, 07:03 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,420 Posts
Morning guys....

Welcome aboard cmayer...I feel like you chose the right boat for your needs. A lot of us have been the same RC route and found our way here. I for one got tired of using the shovel to dig what was left of my planes out of the ground...

I hope you train someone to take over the controls when the fish bite...it's going to be tough to do both at the same time...

Oh...if you do get the new 2.4 stock radio with the boat...please post some pics...I'm not sure I've actually seen one yet.
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Jul 01, 2011, 09:26 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,420 Posts
Here's a movie...I don't know if I posted this one here or not...if I did....well sorry...just watch it again...

MMBC 2/20/2010 Sail (7 min 43 sec)
Old Jul 01, 2011, 01:49 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,552 Posts

RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2011, 05:51 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,438 Posts
Good vid! Those FEs are hard to video. How about a picture of the gator?
Boomer
Old Jul 01, 2011, 07:35 PM
Joined Apr 2011
90 Posts
Hey Crash-great idea for a video: don your european swim wear, a small head lamp, your snorkel and flippers. THEN, just after dark, slip into the sailing pond with your nirvanna hat and take pics of the gater and his mom !!! Bet they will never know that you aren't just sailing by.
capt absent is offline Find More Posts by capt absent
Old Jul 01, 2011, 07:47 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,552 Posts
I'm good with that plan...

RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:11 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,420 Posts
I have a little something for that varmit cong!
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:27 AM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Crash View Post
I have a little something for that varmit cong!
That will do it! That's what I'm talkin about!
Boomer
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:37 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,552 Posts
Restores my faith in ya, thought a job and marriage domesticated ya too much..

RCG Plus Member