cloled 0 0%
closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 29, 2011, 05:44 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,827 Posts
After the great National treasure theft, which happened in the most sacred of suburbs, Cicero, a town with a illustrious past, and many "friendly" establishments, the pirates were seen escaping by sea !!
chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2011, 05:48 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,827 Posts
At this point, due to the fear of the citizens, the EXTREME speed of the pirate vessel, the local, state, and federal coppers were lost..

THEN, a discription came in, with the vessels name !!

A much feared political organization was behind it! the TREE HUGGERS !!

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Jun 29, 2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 05:58 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,827 Posts
With the world wide fear of this terrorist group, all people thought the national treasure was lost forever!!

But, one small group of highly principled, and couragous men decided to pursue, with the only craft they had available, the company staff boat.

But, the trusty, and extremely seaworthy Nirvana was outclassed.

BUT, because of the ultra high performance sails, and other modifications, all they needed was wind!

The faithful Nirvana was then fit with a motor to provide more wind, and what better motor than the HIGHEST HORSEPOWER ENGINE EVER MADE, THE MIGHTY HEMI!!

Then weapons befitting sea battle were affixed, to attack the horrible Tree Huggers !!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Jun 30, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 06:08 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,827 Posts
Well, a FURIOUS pursuit, and a bloody battle was had !!

The many pirates, and their extremely fast pirate vessel, were defeated, and all the dreaded terrorists were killed !!

The proud, selfless group, who shall remain nameless, out of modesty, of course, has contributed many public services, nameless, in many cities, and help keep those cities safe and wealthy.

Cities such as Chicago, New York, Las Vegas, and all of New Jersey...

THERE is Nirvana action for ya....

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Jun 30, 2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 07:05 PM
Joined Apr 2011
90 Posts
That sounds like the dreams i have with my lexapro !!!!! (or perhaps happy weed ?) Still good enough for a laugh. A good laugh and some good videos make the world go 'round. Maybe Crash can get a few pics of the 2 ft 'gator in our sailing pond as it attacks a nirvanna, or tries to chomp on his UL 1 !!!!!!!
capt absent is offline Find More Posts by capt absent
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:13 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,497 Posts
It is interesting to see what having to much time on one's hands can do to another wise brilliant mind.

Some great on location photography for sure.

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Jun 30, 2011, 07:05 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,439 Posts
Love the catapult John...

Ah yes...I failed to mention the gator spotted in our pond yesterday...seems we don't have enough with huge loggerhead turtles and giant carp and bass, geese etc...now we have at least one gator in our pond...

I contacted the city and they responded. Could be a baby that got too big to keep and was let loose by some dumb a$$ or could be one of many little ones and there is a mama and daddy close by too. I have had close encounters on the Alabama river and one of its tributaries, but this is in the middle of town, no where near the river? I know one thing...there is plenty of food available in the pond...but if that starts to disappear we will need to fear for our sail boats.
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Jun 30, 2011, 07:47 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,827 Posts
What the ?? how you gonna play around there with that kinda in the lake??

I COULD send the combat Nirvana down there to you..
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Jun 30, 2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:14 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,497 Posts
I have found depth charges are very affective. Cherry Bombs may not kill the gator, but I will give it one heck of a headache.

Years ago, we had a pretty big gator in a park lake in LA County that became a legend. They hired the top gator hunter to capture it, but he was not successful. I think it finally got caught when it came out for some sun and fish and game guys got him.

It was big deal on the news for a while. It's been a while so my memory may be a bit soft, but I remember it was a big one.

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:18 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,439 Posts
Cherry Bombs...they still make those?...
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:44 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,827 Posts
Try a few 1/2 sticks, it'll concuss that prick
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:12 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,827 Posts
In the battle yesterday, the Nirvana DID sustain some small damage, no reflection on the boat, but, one of the ancillary chop suey cheaply made parts did fail, the rudder clevis, it broke the small pin that runs thru the tiller arm.

Having not had the common sense to replace it earlier, when I installed the true plank on plank deck to hide the tiller arm and linkage.

Of course at the speeds the boat was running in the terrorist pursuit, roughly 160 mph, it failed.

The dubro replacements have a nice lock system for the retaining pin, and are more durable.

Crash, last week when we were talking about how much weight I had put aft, so not to submarine the nose of the boat, I had forgotten how much the deck weighed..its heavy, bro..but, I wanted it to be operational, with torpedos added, in case of the great gator hunt..

RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:19 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,439 Posts
Is that 2 1/2oz I see?

That reminds me of the ole Pine Wood Derby Car weights...

I like the deck...
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:25 PM
Danville, IN
Joined Apr 2008
385 Posts
Looks like you're right.

Bob
rblubaugh is online now Find More Posts by rblubaugh
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:12 PM
United States, CA, Murrieta
Joined Jun 2011
15 Posts
Placed an order through Steve at SailRC and should have it sometime next week. I'm excited to have a sail as I've had planes, helis, and cars. Don't have time for planes anymore, Helis drove me nuts and I'm selling the last 2, and although I have a couple fast 2wd and 4wd cars I just don't have as much fun with them anymore.

I was fishing with the kids last weekend at a small lake and kept thinking how much fun it would be to have a quiet, long running sailboat to pass the time between bites. Am too lazy to build anything, but still wanted a higher quality "toy" boat and the Nirvana seems perfect for that. Unfortunately the club here favors larger, more expensive boats, but I don't see myself racing or being part of a regatta any time soon.

Anyhow, thought I'd check in as I've spent the better part of the day reading through the thread. Lots of good ideas and can't wait to get in on the fun. Might even rent a real sailboat on the lake one of these days.
cmayer is offline Find More Posts by cmayer