chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:43 PM
Danville, IN
Joined Apr 2008
410 Posts
On the raffle.

It seems to me you have never "finalized" the raffle, that is, you have never made public the entry details. I have read every post since my entry one month ago today and nothing more has been said about it until today when you say it has "dried up".

Why don't you advertise it again with "ALL" the details, i.e., Limit 40 entries; $10 per entry; payment through PayPal (or whatever other means you want); give the PayPal address for payment (or other address for payment); date for the drawing; close date; restrictions, i.e.if fewer than "X" number of entries the raffle will be terminated (what number) and entry fees returned; so on and so forth.

Come on now, be fair to everyone. As far as I remember there were only two entries, myself for one (I would have upped it to two) and another Nirvana member who said he was in for three.

I think if you will give the raffle a chance, with all the particulars spelled out, you may sell all 40 entries in a reasonable time, even if you have to make a second or third announcement something like "only two weeks left to enter", or "only one week left to enter". More enticing would be something like "there are only 20 chances left to win a Super Nirvana" or ""the last 10 chance, hurry before they are all gone!"

Of course, maybe you really didn't want to give it away.

Bob
rblubaugh is offline Find More Posts by rblubaugh
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:08 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,534 Posts
Bob,
It is not my intend to create any ill will here, but one could read in to your remarks a little attitude, or distrust of Chidago's motives with the auction/raffle.

To be clear, there is no boat without him, the whole idea to develop this Super Nirvana was his, he put all the pieces together, those that provided the boat and custom work did it for him, the idea to donate it to charity was his, he asked no one for money up front trusting anyone who wanted to participate to pay when or if the time came.

I don't want to read anything into your questions or comments, but to be candid - that is the vibe I get when I read it. If I am mistaken, I am sorry for my misunderstanding your tone and intent. If I am right, then shame on you Sir, and an apology to Chidago would be in order.

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Jun 24, 2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:11 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
I just got a look at this....nice video...she looks a little nose heavy to me too.

Crash
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:14 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with Bob's post....in fact I think what he says might help get up more interest....but then that is just my 2...BTW I'm the one the said 3 tickets for me please....
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:30 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,534 Posts
Crash, Bob, anyone.
As I said, if my understanding of tone and intent of those comments are off the mark, I am sorry.
I read them again and got the same vibe. I have no issue with Bob at all, nice guy.
Just don't care for what I get from those comments.

My remarks were in regard to the following two comments
"Come on now, be fair to everyone" and "Of course, maybe you really didn't want to give it away.

I have made my point and have moved on.

Peace
Boomer
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:32 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,333 Posts
Bob,
I'm surprised on that, I had thought that all was clear, as you JUST quoted all I had said, 40 slots, 10 bucks a slot, AND I had said to send me a PM if you wanted a slot, which you and others have.

As far as not giving the boat up, I'm going to assume that was said in a comedic way. it always was mine to do with as I please. my own Nirvana is a mirror copy of this boat, with way better radio gear, done months before this boat was put into the picture.

The reason for this boat was to advance a project to a professional end by a world class champion sailor, for all us guys that just want to tinker, and have good results.

I had thought that as the GROUP Nirvana, to use the boat to help kids enjoy a little bit of this hobby would honor the work, time, and effort that Dennis put in, and Steve Lang also, in this project.

And show the spirit of the Nirvana group as a whole.

I have asked for no monies yet, as I dont want to write 39 checks back if it dont go, and I figure when its over, honorable guys would send me their checks....
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Jun 24, 2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:47 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Looks like a hot summer sail here in the morning...right now we have at least 4 boats in the show...should be light winds so no periscope needed this time...I will try to get some pics of the "War Eagle" dominating the field...although Capt. Ray is supposed to be there and we are pretty evenly matched...should be fun...
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:53 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,333 Posts
put some tonnage on its butt..and PLEASE, PLEASE give us the sorely missed, HIGHLY acclaimed weekly movie !!

By the way, 17 raffle slots are spoken for..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:03 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
put some tonnage on its butt..and PLEASE, PLEASE give us the sorely missed, HIGHLY acclaimed weekly movie !!

By the way, 17 raffle slots are spoken for..
MMBC Nirvana Sailboat Rescue (4 min 12 sec)
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:09 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Mar 2002
1,385 Posts
if ya point me to the post i would probably put my name down for a slot as well.
doomracing is offline Find More Posts by doomracing
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:09 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,333 Posts
LOL!!

RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:12 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,333 Posts
Doom,
just PM me with how many slots you want, 10 bucks a shot, if all 40 are sold, names go in the hat, etc. I will notify everyone when it fills, then you gotta mail me your checks..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:13 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,534 Posts
Hot here too. Mid 90's but there is a nice breeze so it's not to bad - will be heading out tothe lake to test out the changes I made, hoping they are work out.

I took a few pictures showing the trim/graphics I have settled on, at least for now.

It looks really crisp in the sun, and I am sure when I get on the water today, it will look pretty sharp against the blue lake water.

Boomer.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:48 PM
Joined Apr 2011
90 Posts
Boomer, your work is well recieved on this end----well done, sir !!!!
capt absent is offline Find More Posts by capt absent