HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2008, 10:02 AM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
561 Posts
Hi Harv,

I noticed in your vid that your Citabria doen't have struts, did any come with the plane and you just opted to leave them off perhaps to save some weight and improve the flight performance?
JookSing is offline Find More Posts by JookSing
Last edited by JookSing; Jan 05, 2008 at 10:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2008, 11:26 AM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
They're on there, it's just that the video res is low enough that they seem to disappear. The struts are made of a very thin and light plastic held on with a bit of 2 sided tape, and I can't see where they'd affect performance at all (but might help a bit with wing rigidity). I'll try to get some better footage tomorrow at the gym.
Harv is offline Find More Posts by Harv
Old Jan 11, 2008, 01:37 PM
Maryland, DC
Joined Sep 2007
96 Posts
I have been flying the centurion for awhile and love it. Is it possible to buy the fuselage, wing and tail wing assemblies for the citabria by themselves? Will the centurion tx bind to another rx? I have enough tx's to cause cancer in lab rats in calfornia.

thanks, Jason
IneedBattereez is offline Find More Posts by IneedBattereez
Old Jan 11, 2008, 04:40 PM
Rather be Hover'n
Omaha, NE
Joined Jul 2004
89 Posts
Hi Jason,

In a word.. Yes!
Redbeardrc is offline Find More Posts by Redbeardrc
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:33 PM
Can't leave well enough alone
United States, VT, Burlington
Joined Apr 2007
393 Posts
Oh man, am I psyched to see a new generation get addicted to aviation!! I got into this stuff when I was about 12 and haven't looked back; I now have my Commercial Multi Engine and Instument ratings. See? Playing with these "toys" CAN get you somewhere! If you think seeing your R/C bird pull a nice barrel roll, just WAIT till you do it for the first time in the real thing!! A true rush! And if you kids are lamenting the lack of money for your hobbies, take comfort knowing many of us "adults" have the same issue... Now, do you think the mortgauge company will mind if I am about $150 bucks short on Feb 1st? HA HA! :-D

-Make sure your landings equal your takeoffs,
Scott
SyncroScott is offline Find More Posts by SyncroScott
Old Jan 17, 2008, 06:41 PM
Joined Oct 2004
147 Posts
Citabria: Different TX

Hi,

I own a Citabria and previously purchased a Cessna. Since I did not want to fool around with two transmitters, I read the instructions and binded the Cessna to the Citabria's TX as well. Before, the Cessna could only be flown a short distance before cutting out. Today I tried the Cessna/Citabria TX combination, and had glitch-free performance a football field length away. I wonder whether the Cessna's TX was bad, or if they improved the Citabria's? They look the same.
ssling is online now Find More Posts by ssling
Old Jan 23, 2008, 01:32 PM
Can't leave well enough alone
United States, VT, Burlington
Joined Apr 2007
393 Posts
I hear ya, ssling. I intend to purchase just a complete fuselage so I don't have to buy all the accompanying equipment that I already have. I have had such great luck with my Cessna as far as range, glitches, and servos that now I am worried I'll get a lemon! Do I understand the prop is different on the Citabria? Is there a noticable pitch and/or diameter difference. Anyone know of somebody doing a mod for ailerons instead of rudder?
SyncroScott is offline Find More Posts by SyncroScott
Old Jan 23, 2008, 02:26 PM
It works, don't touch it.
Joined Dec 2007
2,935 Posts
So which one, the Cessna or the Citabria, would you recommend? Which one the has the least gliches?
skiesthelimit is offline Find More Posts by skiesthelimit
Old Jan 23, 2008, 09:04 PM
Joined Aug 2003
105 Posts
I call the local hobby store everday..same thing "no not yet"

I cant wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the citabria. Absolutely love these little rc planes.
pcolla1 is offline Find More Posts by pcolla1
Old Jan 27, 2008, 02:56 AM
U break it U pay for it
Hertfordshire UK
Joined Jul 2007
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesthelimit
So which one, the Cessna or the Citabria, would you recommend? Which one the has the least gliches?

this problem is very rare and not something to worry about.
I only heard of one and it was the rx aerial had moved in fuselage and was touching the linkage. Just used tape to fix it back no more probs.
BRIT_BULLDOG is offline Find More Posts by BRIT_BULLDOG
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:40 PM
Inverted,that's howI roll
Venutra. CA
Joined Nov 2007
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesthelimit
Both would be a good choice, either one.
3-DMan is offline Find More Posts by 3-DMan
Old Feb 05, 2008, 05:36 PM
USA, NH, Bow
Joined Jun 2007
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssling
Hi,

I own a Citabria and previously purchased a Cessna. Since I did not want to fool around with two transmitters, I read the instructions and binded the Cessna to the Citabria's TX as well. Before, the Cessna could only be flown a short distance before cutting out. Today I tried the Cessna/Citabria TX combination, and had glitch-free performance a football field length away. I wonder whether the Cessna's TX was bad, or if they improved the Citabria's? They look the same.
some more on that

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=20
Quote:

Regarding the reliability of the radio, we have made some adjustments starting with the ParkZone Citabria and continuing with the Ember. I think you'll find the link is much more robust now. The transmitter is indeed modeled after the Millennium PTU's, but it's a little bit larger, more along the lines of the HobbyZone Phantom's, if I recall.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=31
Quote:
We have tweaked both the tx and the rx, but maintained full compatibility. That means the Cessna tx will fly both the Citabria and the Ember, and the Citabria and Ember transmitters will fly the Cessna. Batteries are the same. Chargers function the same, but the Ember charger looks a little different.

David Eichstedt
Horizon Hobby
bobbutts is offline Find More Posts by bobbutts
Old Feb 05, 2008, 05:37 PM
USA, NH, Bow
Joined Jun 2007
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIT_BULLDOG
this problem is very rare and not something to worry about.
I only heard of one and it was the rx aerial had moved in fuselage and was touching the linkage. Just used tape to fix it back no more probs.
this problem is very widely reported and only denied by a few
bobbutts is offline Find More Posts by bobbutts
Old Feb 05, 2008, 07:07 PM
Joined Apr 2007
32 Posts
Flying Area

I have a question, Im looking at buying either a Parkzone Cessna or Citabria I was just wondering what is the smallest fling space that these planes can fly in, and which one is better in smaller areas and flies slower, or are they pretty much the same? Thanks
BackyardFly is offline Find More Posts by BackyardFly
Old Feb 06, 2008, 06:33 PM
Inverted,that's howI roll
Venutra. CA
Joined Nov 2007
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackyardFly
I have a question, Im looking at buying either a Parkzone Cessna or Citabria I was just wondering what is the smallest fling space that these planes can fly in, and which one is better in smaller areas and flies slower, or are they pretty much the same? Thanks
The Citabria would be the choice for the smaller flying space and it does fly slower thatn the Cessna. And I can fly my cessna in the area of my front lawn which is about 16ft by 25ft. If you want the one to fly in a smaller space, the Citabria is the one to get.

3-DMan
3-DMan is offline Find More Posts by 3-DMan