HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:06 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
give it a try in some different air..I noticed sometimes its not just the wind speed but how bumpy the air is. Bumpy air makes any flight bad..wait for better air and try them both again..I think they compliment each other..if you fly inside, you will find the Citabria a better plane in that venue.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2008, 01:26 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,492 Posts
People are really missing the point with this airplane ! It is for indoor....or outdoor when there is no wind. I LOVE mine and only fly in indoors. Touch n` goes off car roofs and carfull pylon racing is the name of the game with this one...
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Mar 27, 2008, 02:45 AM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
I just got in from flying both and they are great little planes. Its dead calm out rite now and usually is at this time in the morning. Perfect time to get a couple of flights in.
The cessna feels very fast compared to the citabria. However, I like that it is slower and it can fly in a smaller area more precisely. It nice to have both as the are a good contrast from each other.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 01:50 PM
anti-wind activist
Joined Dec 2002
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing
People are really missing the point with this airplane ! It is for indoor....or outdoor when there is no wind. I LOVE mine and only fly in indoors. Touch n` goes off car roofs and carfull pylon racing is the name of the game with this one...

first of all people have said it handles better in the wind. second, i don't have a convenient indoor place to go to like you may have. like i said it's not a bad plane, but it's just too similar to what i've got and i think i'd rather have diversity in my hobby than just a collection of the same basic stuff. i wouldn't mind having a collection of micro stuff, but having 2 top-winger civi aircraft...i dunno.
thrashaero is offline Find More Posts by thrashaero
Last edited by thrashaero; Mar 27, 2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 08:07 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Yeah they may both be high wing civilian aircraft but thats where the similarity ends.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_210

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Champion_Citabria

I dont see much similarity between these two planes, two differnt animals in my book. And these models are just as different, and handle differently likewise.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Mar 27, 2008, 08:49 PM
beginning night flyer
United States, MT, Bozeman
Joined Dec 2007
482 Posts
is the tail wheel steerable???
RCpilotwantabe is offline Find More Posts by RCpilotwantabe
Old Mar 27, 2008, 08:49 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
nope
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:14 PM
anti-wind activist
Joined Dec 2002
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreHawk
Yeah they may both be high wing civilian aircraft but thats where the similarity ends.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_210

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Champion_Citabria

I dont see much similarity between these two planes, two differnt animals in my book. And these models are just as different, and handle differently likewise.
trust me i'm aware of the differences, but, to me, they're similar enough that i should have chosen only to have one instead of both, not only in looks but in electronics as well. i like them, but, i like drastically different designs. i mean the citabria resembles a super cub more than it does the cessna, but strangely i think i'd want a super cub over the citabria. i already have the hobbyzone one, not sure if i'd want a micro version as well. cherokee is different enough for me in the civil-private-aviation category i should have waited for whenever it comes out.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:19 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashaero
trust me i'm aware of the differences, but, to me, they're similar enough that i should have chosen only to have one instead of both, not only in looks but in electronics as well. i like them, but, i like drastically different designs. i mean the citabria resembles a super cub more than it does the cessna, but strangely i think i'd want a super cub over the citabria. i already have the hobbyzone one, not sure if i'd want a micro version as well. cherokee is different enough for me in the civil-private-aviation category i should have waited for whenever it comes out.

why wait...just get them all
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:27 PM
anti-wind activist
Joined Dec 2002
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly
why wait...just get them all
well i'd love to if i was made of money but i feel i need to spread it as diverse as possible and of course i'm not too good at. it's about the law of diminishing marginal utility.
i won't live forever either so i gotta spread the time out as well and only so much time per thing you know.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 05:14 PM
beginning night flyer
United States, MT, Bozeman
Joined Dec 2007
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly
nope
is there a mod to make the tail wheel steerable??
RCpilotwantabe is offline Find More Posts by RCpilotwantabe
Old Mar 28, 2008, 05:22 PM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
here ya go http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...40#post9061783
Heliman420 is offline Find More Posts by Heliman420
Old Mar 28, 2008, 05:59 PM
Go Big Or Go Home
Albany NY
Joined Feb 2008
29 Posts
Flying inverted with penalties

Well Sunday was a great indoor day as it always is, perfect weather. Anyway after a battery or two i put a fresh one in and attempted to fly inverted. I got some good elevation, "the ceiling" droped the nose to 45 degrees pulled a half loop the pushed the stick all the way up. It flew inverted for about 5 feet then started to lose elevation. The problem was i was so impressed with myself that i did not think of how to get out of it SMACK!! The newly replaced prop shaft did not break, or rip the motor out, but the shaft has a nasty bend to her. So it's back to the bench to cut some more piano wire. She's a stout little plane my citabra.

Happy flying

Bill
youngblood22 is offline Find More Posts by youngblood22
Old Mar 31, 2008, 04:55 PM
Go Big Or Go Home
Albany NY
Joined Feb 2008
29 Posts
Pretty Darn quite in here you guys still flying or what!
youngblood22 is offline Find More Posts by youngblood22
Old Mar 31, 2008, 05:05 PM
anti-wind activist
Joined Dec 2002
474 Posts
pretty piss poor weather here....stupid spring weather pangs...wind galore, rain almost every day. i've been flying my blade cx2 in the house.