SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by FLYPARTY, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2008, 02:02 AM
TAIWAN
Joined Dec 2003
139 Posts
Please Double Check These Settings Before Fly

1.Center of gravity :
The gravity center should be located 2.36 inches behind the front edge of the main wings. Secure your lipo battery in the right position to ensure the correct gravity center position.

2. Rudder setting :
The V-tail is set like Rudder, not Aileron, Please make sure you understand the setting illustrated below.

3. Throttle:
The large wing design of this Eagle have excellent aerodynamic property and only require very low speed for taking off. For Hand lunch, only need around 50%~60% of your motor power. After reaching desired altitude, the cruising speed only require 30% motor power. These suggestion is base on the recommended part.

Please enjoy and share with us
on your creativities on the painting
and videos on the maneuverings.
FLYPARTY is offline Find More Posts by FLYPARTY
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:09 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
D'oh!

I think this step needs clarifying:

"Step 8: Glue to beak part of the side fuselage to the bended bottom fuselage."

Change that to:

"Step 8: Glue the beak part of the side fuselage to the bent bottom fuselage. Make sure the slot for the motor mount is on the inside."

I know it shows it in the photo, but I didn't notice the slots so I built my fuselage inside out! Fortunately, I'm building a twin motor Eagle so I won't need to fit the motor mount.

Step 7 shows glue being applied to the right hand fuselage side (notice the slot), but step 8 shows the left side being fitted. I'm going to use that as my excuse if anyone points out my mistake
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Last edited by Andy2No; Jan 30, 2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 09:08 AM
TAIWAN
Joined Dec 2003
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
I think this step needs clarifying:

"Step 8: Glue to beak part of the side fuselage to the bended bottom fuselage."

Change that to:

"Step 8: Glue the beak part of the side fuselage to the bent bottom fuselage. Make sure the slot for the motor mount is on the inside."

I know it shows it in the photo, but I didn't notice the slots so I built my fuselage inside out! Fortunately, I'm building a twin motor Eagle so I won't need to fit the motor mount.

Step 7 shows glue being applied to the right hand fuselage side (notice the slot), but step 8 shows the left side being fitted. I'm going to use that as my excuse if anyone points out my mistake
Thanks my friend.
FLYPARTY is offline Find More Posts by FLYPARTY
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:30 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
You're welcome. Feel free to delete my posts now you've updated step 8. I don't want to clutter up your manual thread.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:46 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Question regarding 50cm CF rods.
From what I understand they do not have to go through entire length of the wing , so they go only 25 cm into each wing, correct?
Any reason I could not use the main spar (100cm) with entire length of the wing?
The back one is only to align the wings so could be left at 50cm.
Any input will be appreciated.
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Jul 13, 2010, 03:47 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
Using full length spars has been done (somewhere in the main EPP Eagle thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701120) though I've found the stock ones are enough because the wing material is very stiff.

This seems to be a calm weather plane so there's no real need for full length spars, IMHO. There'd be no harm in adding them though (or one long and one short), apart from the additional weight and expense.