SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by JustinMoore12, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 09:48 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Discussion

JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
Last edited by JustinMoore12; Oct 12, 2008 at 12:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2008, 02:28 PM
San Clemente, CA
Joined Mar 2008
6 Posts
Question about b400

I just picked one of these guys up after flying a cx2....wow..a big difference. I am finding it a bit intimidating to fly. I'm afraid that I will crash it immediately as it is so different then the cx2. What are your thoughts?
Where are you located?
RobtW is offline Find More Posts by RobtW
Old Mar 07, 2008, 10:26 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtW
I just picked one of these guys up after flying a cx2....wow..a big difference. I am finding it a bit intimidating to fly. I'm afraid that I will crash it immediately as it is so different then the cx2. What are your thoughts?
Where are you located?
How good did you get with the CX? If you were comfortable with nose and side in, maybe even got into some Forward flight i would say youll be fine. I started on a BCP which is collective pitch and IMO much harder to fly than the B400. It will definatly be intimidating to fly for a while, makes alot of noise doesnt it? And for god sakes stay away from those blades!!
Just take it slow, make sure you have a good set of training gear and do not try and move to fast. You should be fine. Welcome to the wonderful world of CP and inverted flight
Old Mar 07, 2008, 11:02 PM
San Clemente, CA
Joined Mar 2008
6 Posts
Justin:
Thanks for your response.
I got very good with the cx2. Can push it as hard as you can without causing any damage. What sort of training gear is available for the b400? Where are you located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMoore12
How good did you get with the CX? If you were comfortable with nose and side in, maybe even got into some Forward flight i would say youll be fine. I started on a BCP which is collective pitch and IMO much harder to fly than the B400. It will definatly be intimidating to fly for a while, makes alot of noise doesnt it? And for god sakes stay away from those blades!!
Just take it slow, make sure you have a good set of training gear and do not try and move to fast. You should be fine. Welcome to the wonderful world of CP and inverted flight
RobtW is offline Find More Posts by RobtW
Old Mar 07, 2008, 11:36 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtW
Justin:
Thanks for your response.
I got very good with the cx2. Can push it as hard as you can without causing any damage. What sort of training gear is available for the b400? Where are you located?
I am located in Maine. Pretty far from cali I am not sure if Eflite offers a set of gear for the blade. I know its simple enough to make. Just get 2 .156 or larger carbon rods, zip tie them to the skids in an X pattern and you can go with either small wiffle balls or ping pong balls on the ends of the rods to make sure it doesnt grab into the dirt/pavement etc. You can use something like fuel tubing on either end of the wiffle ball, slid over the carbon and glued to the rod to make the balls stay in place.
Oh, also check out the Blade 400 support forum in mini helis. There is a wealth of information there and a bunch of regulars to awnser any of your questions.
Good luck with it!
Justin
Closed Thread