HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:23 AM
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Nov 2008
141 Posts
HEY thanks for post this very useful videos.
davhigher is offline Find More Posts by davhigher
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:49 AM
Rockwall, TX
Joined Dec 2004
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34Ford
So if Im thinking right and you have to input rudder and elevator in at the right times during the aileron roll?

This would make for some serious stick banging on the rudder & elevator, right?

I tried in on the simulator, but made a mess.

______
Dennis
As stated earlier you have to master the slow roll going straight first. This manuever still requires you to enter ele and rud and the correct times to keep the plane straight and at the same altitude through the roll. Once you can do that then you adjust the timing of the ele and rud to help you cordinate the turn in the rolling circle. If you are banging the stick around then you are going to overcontrol the whole thing. The rolling circle is actually pretty small stick movements to keep the whole thing smooth.
DPHOYE is offline Find More Posts by DPHOYE
Old Aug 30, 2009, 04:43 PM
TEAM FUTABA TEAM DURALITE
Joined Nov 2004
742 Posts
Howdy Folks.... just updated my video page with a new vid of the AirWild 40% Su29....

THis is a good harrier roll trainer as it rolls slow... but doesn't "dig in"

Hope you enjoy it....

http://www.giantcircus.com/Videos/FA...9-Duralite.wmv

My Vid Page is here....

http://www.giantcircus.com/VIDEO_PAGE.htm

thanks for watching!
mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by mithrandir
Old Sep 12, 2009, 06:24 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
thanks
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Oct 02, 2009, 02:45 AM
Joined Sep 2009
19 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm brand new here, so sorry for strange question.
It seems that Waterfall is very easy maneuver, but i can not do this maneuver in Real flight G4 simulator. I' m using YAK - 54 3d, maximum rates, no expo. Problem is that plane do not flip while from hover i put full throttle and elevator full down. Plane only makes big inverted circle.
After so many attempts to do waterfall i tried this maneuver in AFPD simulator and i done it, (the plane flips around quockly and i can do waterfall in low altitude) but after that in G4 left the same problem. What I'm doing wrong?
trantal is offline Find More Posts by trantal
Old Oct 02, 2009, 03:18 AM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Your not doing anything wrong. Try adjusting the CG on the Yak so its a little more tail heavy, that should do it.
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Oct 02, 2009, 06:54 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trantal
Hello everyone,

I'm brand new here, so sorry for strange question.
It seems that Waterfall is very easy maneuver, but i can not do this maneuver in Real flight G4 simulator. I' m using YAK - 54 3d, maximum rates, no expo. Problem is that plane do not flip while from hover i put full throttle and elevator full down. Plane only makes big inverted circle.
After so many attempts to do waterfall i tried this maneuver in AFPD simulator and i done it, (the plane flips around quockly and i can do waterfall in low altitude) but after that in G4 left the same problem. What I'm doing wrong?
The CG Can help. But I just gave more throw to the elevator and the rudder. That plane flies great with lots of control surface throw!
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:51 AM
Joined Sep 2009
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead
The CG Can help. But I just gave more throw to the elevator and the rudder. That plane flies great with lots of control surface throw!
My transmitter DX6i and travel adj is max 125%, D/R 100%, expo INH. So I think it is impossible to give more throw with this transmitter?
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:19 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Can you adjust travel on the actual sim, like you can in AFPD?
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Oct 03, 2009, 07:23 AM
Joined Sep 2009
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden-crash
Can you adjust travel on the actual sim, like you can in AFPD?

I do not know, i AFPD i asjusted travel with transmitter.
Anyway when I moved CG a little back it seems waterfall is very easy maneuver . Thanks a lot. CG moving back made inverted harrier easier, but i think that with this CG setup to do rolling harrier more complicated. Plane is slower and he always want to climb up.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:12 AM
3D Electric Flyer
South Carolina
Joined Jul 2009
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrandir View Post
This kid throws down and covers most of the killer 3D moves...

http://www.giantcircus.com/Videos/ya...hard_Kager.wmv

WOW!!

That is amazing...LOL
Tada is offline Find More Posts by Tada
Old Nov 09, 2009, 02:44 PM
Love anything RC
Alexandria, Virginia
Joined Mar 2008
3,575 Posts
Hey guys, quick question about simulators. Could someone give me a few names of good planes to learn ALL kinds of 3D stuff. What do I mean by that? I mean no easy stuff. I currently have foamies with 4 servos total. If I move the aileron to one said, it starts rolling like crazy... that easy. I've seen videos where pilots have to use both sticks not just one to make such a complicated move. Because of that, I know there HAS to be a more complicated, perhaps complete plane. Why am I looking for complicated? Well, because I figure if I can do the moves with a "real" (sim) plane, I can learn better than just a plane where I can let the stick go and more the ailerons to perform rolls.
I'm not looking for the most difficuld models to fly either, just the most complete that will give me the whole fly experience. I'm talking about simulators so I don't have to pay for repair cost after the many time I will crash.

I hope this question doesn't sound too dumb. I don't have much free time to spend time out there flying at this time but I do want to continue with my hobby.
merlin703 is offline Find More Posts by merlin703
Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:22 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,919 Posts
Trantal,
Chose the plane you want on the sim. Then go to "edit" that plane. Then find the elevator in the box and change the throw there and then save it with w different name.

Merlin,
I am not sure what you are talking about. All 3D planes have 4 controls:elevator aileron, rudder, and throttle. I THINK you may be refering to the manuver known as a Rolling Harrier. In a rolling harrier you have to use aileron, elevator, rudder and throttle at the same time. I am sure Bone Doc has a video on that.
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:24 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin703 View Post
Hey guys, quick question about simulators. Could someone give me a few names of good planes to learn ALL kinds of 3D stuff. What do I mean by that? I mean no easy stuff. I currently have foamies with 4 servos total. If I move the aileron to one said, it starts rolling like crazy... that easy. I've seen videos where pilots have to use both sticks not just one to make such a complicated move. Because of that, I know there HAS to be a more complicated, perhaps complete plane. Why am I looking for complicated? Well, because I figure if I can do the moves with a "real" (sim) plane, I can learn better than just a plane where I can let the stick go and more the ailerons to perform rolls.
I'm not looking for the most difficuld models to fly either, just the most complete that will give me the whole fly experience. I'm talking about simulators so I don't have to pay for repair cost after the many time I will crash.

I hope this question doesn't sound too dumb. I don't have much free time to spend time out there flying at this time but I do want to continue with my hobby.

I am assuming that the foamy that you are talking about is so light that it does not require much if any rudder and elevator input on harrier rolls. So, here are my 3D capable recommendations for RealFlight G4.5:
  • Extra 300L (built in)
  • Yak-54 (3D) (built in)
  • Yak-54 (with Gyro) (built in)
  • Extra330S BA (download from swap pages)
  • 30% Dalton Extra 260 (download from swap pages)
  • Sukhoi - 3D (RealFlight Add-ons Volume 3 free download)
  • Extra 330S (RealFlight Add-ons Volume 4 free download)
  • Edge 540 (RealFlight Add-ons Volume 4 free download)
and lastly, if you want hard. If you can harrier roll the Corsair from the RealFlight Add-ons Volume 1 free download then you are impressive. I have seen it hovered but never harrier rolled.
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Nov 11, 2009, 09:51 AM
Love anything RC
Alexandria, Virginia
Joined Mar 2008
3,575 Posts
THAT is exactly what I was looking for. I have seen videos here on the first page of the "harrier rolls" and I can see how much work is with both sticks.... I don't do that and I can do it which only means I'm not doing it right and the plane I have, as you said too light. I will try out the planes on your list, pick the most difficult one and practice with it. I can't fly outside because of long hours of work and family stuff but I can still use the sim, which I hate.... but hey, better than nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Dabbler View Post
I am assuming that the foamy that you are talking about is so light that it does not require much if any rudder and elevator input on harrier rolls. So, here are my 3D capable recommendations for RealFlight G4.5:
  • Extra 300L (built in)
  • Yak-54 (3D) (built in)
  • Yak-54 (with Gyro) (built in)
  • Extra330S BA (download from swap pages)
  • 30% Dalton Extra 260 (download from swap pages)
  • Sukhoi - 3D (RealFlight Add-ons Volume 3 free download)
  • Extra 330S (RealFlight Add-ons Volume 4 free download)
  • Edge 540 (RealFlight Add-ons Volume 4 free download)
and lastly, if you want hard. If you can harrier roll the Corsair from the RealFlight Add-ons Volume 1 free download then you are impressive. I have seen it hovered but never harrier rolled.
merlin703 is offline Find More Posts by merlin703