Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 28, 2007, 05:19 PM
Thats gona be expensive
Glenside Pa
Joined Jul 2001
201 Posts
Discussion
Alfa p-47 razorback ??

I have a 400xt and a CustomCDR billet bullet cool wind.I did a search, there is plenty of info on the 400xt with the alfa models, but is anyone using the CustomCDR motors in them?
Q-HUNTER is offline Find More Posts by Q-HUNTER
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2007, 09:12 PM
Thats gona be expensive
Glenside Pa
Joined Jul 2001
201 Posts
Nothing?
Q-HUNTER is offline Find More Posts by Q-HUNTER
Old Jan 02, 2008, 05:40 PM
Canberra Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,437 Posts
The 400XT seems to be a very satisfactory match for the Alfa models – in particular check Dora9’s blogs and posts.

However it seems you are keen to try the CDR motor – is it because it is a more powerful motor then the 400XT? (I’m actually not familiar with either)

Personally I use the MP Jet AC 28/7 35D MkII – the “big blue”with an APC 9x6 in my P47 Pengie. This motor has plenty of speed for the lightweight Alfas and I spend most of my time cruising around at half throttle or less to keep the speed reasonably scale and to avoid having to constantly turn to keep the model in sight. With this motor I have to be very gentle on launch due to the torque – about a third throttle with firm toss and then slowly bump the throttle up as the plane gathers airspeed – nonetheless it will still roll to the left as the throttle is increased. I lost my Alfa Corsair due to too much throttle on take-off - it torqued over, I stalled the wing with big aileron inputs trying to correct it and it crunched into the ground. The Corsair was a beautiful plane to fly, and the financial controller just gave me permission to order a new one – payment for polishing her car
CaseySP is online now Find More Posts by CaseySP
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CaseySP; Jan 03, 2008 at 06:02 AM.