SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 27, 2007, 06:57 PM
Micro EDF addict
Upstate NY
Joined Jun 2007
4,782 Posts
Build Log
Living Room Jet - F11F Tiger 1/48

Ok I've got about 5 other things going on but just had some plantraco stuff arrive so I will put some of it on hold for this

Went out and bought four 1/48 kits to make into Living Room Jets, or LRJ's similar to Electronik's proton jet. They will be molded with tissue and the wings will be 1mm depron. I will use plantraco for the rudder/elevator, and the motor will be inside bottom center as a pusher with a pico z prop.

The first one will be this F11f Tiger. I've been looking for a model kit of it for awhile and when I saw it today at the LHS I just went ahead and bought it(along with three other ones)

There is very little information on this plane available on the web. Luckily the kit comes with nice decals and paint scheme. I'll be using the future floor wax/water technique with the tissue to mold the fuselage, and hopefully it won't need extra support. My target weight is 12g total, I'm using the micro racers setup for it. Wish me luck!
-Josh
metroidrc is offline Find More Posts by metroidrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2007, 07:22 PM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
You are truly crazy --- LOL
kelberts is offline Find More Posts by kelberts
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:25 PM
Micro EDF addict
Upstate NY
Joined Jun 2007
4,782 Posts
thats what living with your in laws for 2 years will do to you.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:33 PM
Micro EDF addict
Upstate NY
Joined Jun 2007
4,782 Posts
Heres the fuse so far. A few more layers and future floor wax, should be done tonight. Plantraco time!
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:09 PM
Parker CO
Joined Oct 2001
70 Posts
Here are some pictures of the F-11 in Blue Angles colors, unfortunately they are in black and white, but you get the idea.

Doug
spored is offline Find More Posts by spored
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:28 PM
Micro EDF addict
Upstate NY
Joined Jun 2007
4,782 Posts
thanks - a very nice looking airplane! well the fuse is done, just letting it dry. hope it releases from the plastic! didn't spray any mold release on.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the Fish!
Land of cajuns
Joined Dec 2001
1,066 Posts
O well hope it pulls well...if not try try try agian...
aerogel is offline Find More Posts by aerogel
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:14 PM
Micro EDF addict
Upstate NY
Joined Jun 2007
4,782 Posts
it would be good for a fan, but i'm using the proton jet method with the pico z rotor hidden in the fuse sticking out of the bottom. I think this one is too small for an edf30. the span is like 8 inches.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 03:55 AM
Joined Jun 2006
296 Posts
Man,you have to many ideas
looks good,better than the mig your doing(my opinion)You are really good at jets
Good luck
P.S. whats with the losi inrunners?
Foamaster :) is offline Find More Posts by Foamaster :)
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:09 AM
Micro EDF addict
Upstate NY
Joined Jun 2007
4,782 Posts
the mig needs another fuselage, made with the floorwax technique. So I pulled the F11 fuselage off of the plastic model, and it ripped in a few places but not too bad. I don't have a scale here so I can't weigh it. The floorwax did preserve alot more of the detail than the wood glue did, and it does feel light weight. I'm guessing 3-4 grams. If I get time later today I'm gonna put the plantraco stuff in

Whats up with the losi motors? Well I have 3 of them, 2 are unusable, and I have another on order(8750kv)
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:38 PM
Micro EDF addict
Upstate NY
Joined Jun 2007
4,782 Posts
I decided to do a powered glide with the full fuse version that I have, but it did the old turn upside down and crash thing, which means its not balanced laterally. You think I would have learned my lesson about doing profiles first! So tomorrow I'll build the profile and put the micro acts on, make sure its balanced up both ways
Old Dec 29, 2007, 03:56 PM
Micro EDF addict
Upstate NY
Joined Jun 2007
4,782 Posts
holy crap - I just did a powered glide with the profile version - super fast and straight as an arrow! wow.... I think it might be way too fast for living room... well I guess once I put the full fuse on that would slow it down.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the Fish!
Land of cajuns
Joined Dec 2001
1,066 Posts
Sounds like it wants to rip! not do circles
aerogel is offline Find More Posts by aerogel
Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:03 PM
Micro EDF addict
Upstate NY
Joined Jun 2007
4,782 Posts
alright I've been struggling for the past 2 hours trying to set up ailerons with the micro act from plantraco. Does anyone have a really good way of doing this? I've got micro control horns and small wire, but it doesn't seem like theres enough torque to push up the ailerons enough.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:25 PM
Brooklyn NY
Joined Feb 2004
892 Posts
Hmmm...A 12g living room jet? I'd like to see a 12g living room ANYTHING

--Robert
rguillot is offline Find More Posts by rguillot