HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2008, 11:47 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Congratulations! Welcome to the club. Got a data cable? If not, pick one up and read Nippon Dave's "how to" on the final connection. Did I say we don't have the logging software yet? Oh, what's that, Dave? Next week?
Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2008, 11:58 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
I fail to see why this storage e voltage issue is so hard to grasp. With the exception of Pb batteries all battery experts have recommended storing at less than full charge except for perhaps NiMH which self discharge themselves to storage volts and below soon enough. The higher the state of charge and the warmer the temperature the fast the cells deteriorate. Believe it or not , except it or not.

I have stored and used LiPolys for four years now. I have 3 year packs which were stored fully charged at room temp. and flown very little that are useless. I have 3 year old packs which have been stored at approx. 3.85 per cell at approx. 45F which have between 25 and 100 flights on them that perform the same as when new.

I will state again that I truly believe how they are stored has a much more pronounced effect on their life than charging at greater than 1C does.
For packs which are used at a moment notice then full charge is the simple answer and just try to fly them to death before age matters. Semi frequently flown pack discharge to 4.0 volts per cell or so and top them off. Charging from 4.0 to 4.2V per cell at 2 or 3C does not take that long.

The more I use A123s the more I love them.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Apr 07, 2008, 12:32 PM
Aerial Images of Texas
The Texas Gulf Coast where hurricanes come to play
Joined Aug 2003
1,960 Posts
Sis, dude, I think he's gotten the message. Don't misunderstand me as I want it too but lighten the f*** up!
tashley is offline Find More Posts by tashley
Old Apr 07, 2008, 12:33 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
"Too" or "to?" Et tu, Brute?

Please accept my least sincere, most ambiguous....
Old Apr 07, 2008, 01:24 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Did I say we don't have the logging software yet? Oh, what's that, Dave? Next week?
Yes, several annoying times a day, minimum.

Imagine the disappointment if and when the software actually does arrive....
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Apr 07, 2008, 05:35 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,504 Posts
Quote:
Congratulations! Welcome to the club. Got a data cable? If not, pick one up and read Nippon Dave's "how to" on the final connection. Did I say we don't have the logging software yet? Oh, what's that, Dave? Next week?
Sis,

I actually stumbled across a Hyperion mirror site with the data logging software posted, I've been using it now for 2 days...

Jack
jfetter is online now Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Apr 07, 2008, 05:40 PM
RC Addict
Western NY
Joined Jun 2002
1,668 Posts
Well how about a link Jack?
Raydee is offline Find More Posts by Raydee
Old Apr 07, 2008, 06:36 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Yes, indeed, throw a man the link!
Old Apr 07, 2008, 07:17 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,504 Posts
Quote:
Yes, indeed, throw a man the link!
Someone reporting this post (previous version, no longer visable) as "offensive" what a joke! It was a joke toward a certain poerson constantly asking for cartain software, it was intended as a joke and was written tongue-in-cheek.

Clearly the only person that might have been offended was the person it was making fun of. You really need to perhaps take a look at the dozens of posts you've cross-posted regarding the software in question to get an idea what it looks like from the other side...

None-the-less, edited to comply with site rules...

Jack
Last edited by jfetter; Apr 08, 2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2008, 08:20 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Dear Nippon Dave,

I have personally influenced at least five people to buy the Duo and I'm very, very enthusiastic about it. It's a "dream" product, and if I have been too insistent in seeking the logging software, well, I'm sorry, but I'd sure like to have it!

I only use the forums because other than a phone call to Japan, there seems no other way to reach you (your inbox is always "full").
Old Apr 07, 2008, 08:32 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,772 Posts
Quote:
Dear Nippon Dave,

I have personally influenced at least five people to buy the Duo and I'm very, very enthusiastic about it. It's a "dream" product, and if I have been too insistent in seeking the logging software, well, I'm sorry, but I'd sure like to have it!

I only use the forums because other than a phone call to Japan, there seems no other way to reach you (your inbox is always "full").
A "dream" product? Is this your first charger? It's just a charger and just an average one at that. No printed manual, no discharge feature, requires a 15v power supply for max output, and no software, hardly a "dream" product.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Apr 07, 2008, 08:36 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
I own a DN G2, 2 Cellpro 4s's, a Multiplex 5014 and some generics: yes, for me, it is a dream come true.

The manual is on line with a flow chart; I have a 15 volt power supply (13.8 works just fine); and, I have no real need for discharge but would like to have it just in case. And, I have a large dog.
Last edited by Sisyphus; Apr 07, 2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2008, 08:50 PM
Greensboro/H.Pt/Win-Salem P.T. Intl, North Carolina, United States
Joined Dec 2003
3,514 Posts
just dont take it to bed with you
NCguy is offline Find More Posts by NCguy
Old Apr 07, 2008, 08:50 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Why, NC, that's shocking!
Old Apr 07, 2008, 11:07 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteB
A "dream" product? Is this your first charger? It's just a charger and just an average one at that. No printed manual, no discharge feature, requires a 15v power supply for max output, and no software, hardly a "dream" product.
Pete,

So what charger do you own that supports 12 - 24 volts input, has 2 seperate and independent charge ports, includes an integrated balancer, can sync-charge 2 identical packs as a larger series/parallel pack, includes the ability to select a target charge level in percentage of full charge, measures pack resistance and easily adapts to pretty much any balancing tap on the market?

Jack