HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2008, 10:26 PM
Buyin', Tryin' and Flyin'
DFW, Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,283 Posts
I don't fly anything over 6s, and having two chargers in one, with storage charge functionality, is pretty nice. I think Hyperion has got a nice balance (no pun intended) with the DUO (both the I and II).

What is the 720 going to be? A single or a duo? More than 6s?

-Hilgert
hilgert is offline Find More Posts by hilgert
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2008, 10:41 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post10505055

Net7 is a single 7S 250 watts with a difference. It will charge A123s at up to 250 watts max. so a 3S at around 24amps. instead of the present 10A max.

Minor correction. Max amps. output is 20A so 1-3S A123 at 20A max. 4S at17A , etc..

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Nov 28, 2008 at 08:26 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 10:45 PM
Buyin', Tryin' and Flyin'
DFW, Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,283 Posts
Oh, now I remember reading that way back...it's a long thread. I'm happy with my DUO II for now.

-Hilgert
hilgert is offline Find More Posts by hilgert
Old Nov 28, 2008, 07:18 AM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Hi Everybody,

I bet you thought I fell off the face of the earth. Sorry for the long time away, but there were a host of new products to work on, and I also had to take some personal time off for family.

BUT I'M BACK!!

Click here to see the new 7S 0720iNET with 20A max constained by 250W max, and the DUO2 if you haven't seen it yet...

Sharp-eyed readers may also spot the Manual Addendum for v1.9 firmware for original DUO and 0610iNET. Sharper people will notice that the capacity increases for lipo and PB are in 1.9. They were supposed to have been done in 1.7 but were inadvertantly left out then... v1.9 firmware should be posted on the firmware updates page by Wednesday next week.

btw, DO NOT update your DUO2 with the original DUO firmware!!! DUO2 v1.0 already contains all the advancements we made to the DUO. DUO2 firmware 1.11 will be on site next week, but only makes a small change to LCD voltage regulation...

If there are burning questions still outstanding from way back in the thread, pls repost and I'll try to work through them the next week.

Cheers!

David
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Last edited by NipponDave; Nov 28, 2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 07:31 AM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
You CANNOT charge a single pack larger than 6S on a DUO no matter how you wire it. The two outputs have a common ground so you will short out half the pack!

Either get a pair of 4S packs to fly in series as 8S but charge individually as 4S or get a charger capable of handling an 8S pack (TP1010C+210V, Bantam 8CDX, iCharger 1010B+)
Heads up! Air Craft has too many 1210i (12S 10A) in stock, so they'll be doing an Xmas sale starting middle next week (aircraft-world.com). Original was $169.95 and I think the sale price will be $119.95 (or maybe $109.95!)...

David
Old Nov 28, 2008, 07:50 AM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcSuperSales-Net
I spoke with the US distributors again to get it cleared up. So as I understand it now, the DUO V1 will no longer be produced but Hyperion will be emptying out their stock of them and the U.S. distributor just ordered some more, so they will at least be floating around for a bit.
Kyle
Kyle - Thanks for being onboard with Hyperion; we appreciate your support.

I designed the feature set of the original DUO, and purposely left off the discharge feauture for the good reasons some here have noted. However, it became clear that many wanted discharge. I resisted, but once we added STORE MODE, it seemed to me that the (huge) difference in speed to store fully charged (it rained, so I couldn't fly, etc) packs made the discharge feature worth the extra $30.

Now.. The difference between DUO and DUO2 is $30, not any more than that. If we continued to produce original DUO, they would be $269.95, as that is the price that gives Hyperion nominal profit and discounts dealers can live with. The lower prices you see now are only because the remaining DUO are on blowout...

All the Best,

David
Old Nov 28, 2008, 06:00 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,344 Posts
I just want to thank Dave here. I just got on the Duo wagon and I'm really happy. It gives me a way to charge my large (6S 5000) packs 2 at a time. I had to get another power supply but the first time at the field wit it, I flew my 17lb SHP 5 times and other smaller planes in between.
So Thanks again Dave.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Nov 28, 2008, 10:51 PM
p-38
the colony tx
Joined Oct 2007
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
Hi Everybody,

I bet you thought I fell off the face of the earth. Sorry for the long time away, but there were a host of new products to work on, and I also had to take some personal time off for family.

BUT I'M BACK!!

Click here to see the new 7S 0720iNET with 20A max constained by 250W max, and the DUO2 if you haven't seen it yet...

Sharp-eyed readers may also spot the Manual Addendum for v1.9 firmware for original DUO and 0610iNET. Sharper people will notice that the capacity increases for lipo and PB are in 1.9. They were supposed to have been done in 1.7 but were inadvertantly left out then... v1.9 firmware should be posted on the firmware updates page by Wednesday next week.

btw, DO NOT update your DUO2 with the original DUO firmware!!! DUO2 v1.0 already contains all the advancements we made to the DUO. DUO2 firmware 1.11 will be on site next week, but only makes a small change to LCD voltage regulation...

If there are burning questions still outstanding from way back in the thread, pls repost and I'll try to work through them the next week.

Cheers!

David
When and were can I buy the new 0720iNET

Thanks 1airborne
1airborne is offline Find More Posts by 1airborne
Old Nov 28, 2008, 10:56 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Link is to announcement which states Dec.15

Charles
Old Nov 28, 2008, 11:13 PM
p-38
the colony tx
Joined Oct 2007
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Link is to announcement which states Dec.15

Charles
Thanks Charles, I guess I need to read a little slower.

1airborne
1airborne is offline Find More Posts by 1airborne
Old Nov 29, 2008, 01:56 AM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1airborne
Thanks Charles, I guess I need to read a little slower.

1airborne
I need to write slower (be more carefull with cut-n-paste). I just noticed that the EOS Charger page showed DUO2 as 7S (14S Sync). I just corrected that to 6S/12S...

David
Old Nov 29, 2008, 02:25 AM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
New Net/duo Thread

Hello Everybody,

It's been quite a ride, but I really think it's time to have a new thread about all the NET and DUO chargers. As it is, there's just too much outdated info in this thread, making it almost impossible to find the information people are looking for.

I've started a new thread here, and I (sorry!) only plan to participate in the new thread from here out. I hope ya'll will continue to beat me up there, so we can keep making these chargers better and better...

All the Best!

David
Old Jan 14, 2009, 03:20 AM
Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2009
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgert
Well, the new DUO II is living up to my expectations. While I essentially just discharge my batteries the fun way (flying them down), it is impossible to get them to "the" best storage voltage. I have just run through my stable of batteries using the DUO II storage function, and it's pretty cool. If the battery is below ideal storage voltage (about 60% of max voltage) the charger brings it up to 60%; if it's above ideal storage voltage the charger discharges down. The user does not have to figure it out either way - just plug in the battery, hit storage mode, and let it go!!!

I ran through a couple of cycle of full charge, then storage, then charge, then storage, then discharge (down to 3V/cell), then storage, etc. - the DUO II handled it very quickly and the indicated cell voltages were within 0.01V of my multimeter (basically dead on - could not tell you which one is correct).

So, I am a HAPPY CAMPER with the new DUO II.

By the way, the latest firmware is 1.0 for the DOU II (so don't "update" the firmware with the DUO firmware or you might brick your charger).

-Hilgert
This storage mode suppose to be on my 0610i net but I dont know how to access it?? I have the firmware v1.9
JJay03 is offline Find More Posts by JJay03
Old Jan 14, 2009, 07:38 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJay03
This storage mode suppose to be on my 0610i net but I dont know how to access it?? I have the firmware v1.9
At the Charge Start screen push the Down Arrow button .

Mine goes from Charge Start to Store Start to Discharge Start , however mine is a 720i.

Your manual should have a flow chart showing available functions and how to get to them.

Charles
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:49 AM
Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2009
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
At the Charge Start screen push the Down Arrow button .

Mine goes from Charge Start to Store Start to Discharge Start , however mine is a 720i.

Your manual should have a flow chart showing available functions and how to get to them.

Charles
Ahh nice I want the 720i I might return mine for one I just bought it. Not many companies offer the 0720i yet though.
JJay03 is offline Find More Posts by JJay03