SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2008, 09:11 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Good E loggers just like good watt meters do not care which way the current flows. Connect it between the chargers output and the battery being charged.

Note The very first eFlightWorks Beta unit would not logg chargers but all of the production unit would, thanks to me catching the design flaw..

All BNB Products DPR and all Eagle Works logger logg charges . To date I find the EagleTree V3 the most accurate.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Nov 07, 2008 at 09:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2008, 09:44 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Good E loggers just like good watt meters do not care which way the current flows. Connect it between the chargers output and the battery being charged.

Note The very first eFlightWorks Beta unit would not logg chargers but all of the production unit would, thanks to me catching the design flaw..

All BNB Products DPR and all Eagle Works logger logg charges . To date I find the EagleTree V3 the most accurate.

Charles
Thanks, Al!
Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
Old Nov 08, 2008, 09:41 AM
USA, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2006
603 Posts
I have a question.

While charging lipos, when the packs get to roughly 78-82% capacity, the charger makes a 2 toned double beep and does not pause in charging. There is no indication on the display as to what it means. I have TCS set to 100% and to continue.

Anyone know what the charger is trying to tell me?
michael503 is offline Find More Posts by michael503
Old Nov 08, 2008, 03:55 PM
Australia, QLD
Joined Aug 2006
129 Posts
Probably telling you it's reached CV stage of the charge cycle.
aussieheliguy is offline Find More Posts by aussieheliguy
Old Nov 11, 2008, 08:55 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2008
13 Posts
Hyperion 0610i Duo Cell 4 issue!

My hyperion charger is not holding back / balancing cell4. Cell 4 continues to charge without waiting for the other cell to reach the same voltage and charge together. Cell 4 gets to 4.20V and the charger then ceases to provide any charge current. The remaining cells sit at 4.10V and the charge does not complete leaving the battery at only 80% charge. I have left the charger for some 12 hours and still no change...

Is there some way a conducting a test or diagnostics to verifiy if the charger balancer is OK or not, I don't want to have a mishap due to unbalanced cells. My three cell batteries charge correctly but on both of my two 6S 2500mah Outrage packs cell 4 is always charged to 4.20V before the other cells and I can only achieve 80% battery charge and reduced flight times...

Any info is appreciated?
Hyperonthis is offline Find More Posts by Hyperonthis
Old Nov 11, 2008, 09:51 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Have you tried charging at a lower rate so the balancer can keep up better?

What are your settings?

Charles
Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:47 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperonthis
My hyperion charger is not holding back / balancing cell4. Cell 4 continues to charge without waiting for the other cell to reach the same voltage and charge together. Cell 4 gets to 4.20V and the charger then ceases to provide any charge current. The remaining cells sit at 4.10V and the charge does not complete leaving the battery at only 80% charge. I have left the charger for some 12 hours and still no change...

Is there some way a conducting a test or diagnostics to verifiy if the charger balancer is OK or not, I don't want to have a mishap due to unbalanced cells. My three cell batteries charge correctly but on both of my two 6S 2500mah Outrage packs cell 4 is always charged to 4.20V before the other cells and I can only achieve 80% battery charge and reduced flight times...

Any info is appreciated?
Seems to me like burned balancer bleeding transistor, that is an error which was discovered rather long time ago, and it was solved by new firmware.
If the pack and all wires are OK.
At first, the newest firmware will try the circuit, and detect problem if it occur (but it locks the charger if it is damaged, and disallow any next use).
At second, newest firmware keeps the charger output preloaded by certain voltage, so that connecting the pack will not cause huge spark and this way it avoids the damage.
So:
- try the pack on second charger port, to see if it balanced right (determine that pack and wires are OK).
- upgrade firmware. Get ready for warranty replacement, if I am right.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:31 AM
Joined Mar 2007
211 Posts
Can someone explain me why the new duo cost 80 more ?

Why the V1 is not available anymore ?

I allready have 2 of them, but 200 was OK for this beauty, 280 is "go with 2 good quality chineese at 80$"

Btw, my first have allready 1 fan dead after 6 month ..
baykah is offline Find More Posts by baykah
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:52 AM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
The new unit has the new screen and the discharge feature added into it. This was mentioned a few pages back. We have the version 1's in stock if your looking for one of those. http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0610i-DUO.htm

Best regards,

Jason
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
Helis Fall With Grace & Style
Kalispell Montana BIG SKY COUNTRY!
Joined Aug 2007
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baykah

Why the V1 is not available anymore ?

I allready have 2 of them, but 200 was OK for this beauty, 280 is "go with 2 good quality chineese at 80$"

Btw, my first have allready 1 fan dead after 6 month ..
Yeah V1 is still available. I know I will be carrying them as long as they are available and the US distributor is still selling them. I haven't heard they will be discontinued but I will check and make sure. That would suck if they were discontinued. IMO paying $298 for a new screen and 50 Watt discharge feature is not worth it to me. Just my 2 cents. I would definitely check with whoever you got your Charger from and getting it warrantied. It should be covered.

Kyle
www.RcSuperSales.net
RcSuperSales-Net is offline Find More Posts by RcSuperSales-Net
Old Nov 12, 2008, 01:18 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcSuperSales-Net
Yeah V1 is still available. I know I will be carrying them as long as they are available and the US distributor is still selling them. I haven't heard they will be discontinued but I will check and make sure. That would suck if they were discontinued. IMO paying $298 for a new screen and 50 Watt discharge feature is not worth it to me. Just my 2 cents. I would definitely check with whoever you got your Charger from and getting it warrantied. It should be covered.

Kyle
www.RcSuperSales.net
You need to keep up with the products you sell Kyle . From a post by Nippon Dave DUOII NET7 . As a note the DUO II came about solely as a result of customer feedback from this thread, so whether or not is worth it to you (or me) is a moot point as it seems it's needed by some who frequent this thread. FWIW I see no need for the discharge feature either, looks like we were both out voted .

Mike
Fig Jam is offline Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Nov 12, 2008, 02:12 PM
Helis Fall With Grace & Style
Kalispell Montana BIG SKY COUNTRY!
Joined Aug 2007
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig Jam
You need to keep up with the products you sell Kyle . From a post by Nippon Dave DUOII NET7 . As a note the DUO II came about solely as a result of customer feedback from this thread, so whether or not is worth it to you (or me) is a moot point as it seems it's needed by some who frequent this thread. FWIW I see no need for the discharge feature either, looks like we were both out voted .

Mike
Yeah I wish I could keep up . I certainly try . Oh I definitely think it is a slick little feature and there are those who will utilize it, and it is great they came out with it by listening to customer feedback. I can see the need for it. I just won't need it, yet anyways .

Just got off the phone with the US distributor and yes it looks like the DUO V1 is still around at least until Hyperion decides otherwise. They have not heard of them discontinuing it. Duo V1 is $239.95 and DUO V2 is $298.95 so a $59 difference.

They discharged a 6s 5000mAH Li-PO from fully charged to about 3.1v per cell in less than an hour. Nothing got hot as far as the battery or charger goes but the fans were pumping out the hot air.

That would be cool if they could do some sort of firmware upgrade for the V1 to get the 50w discharge rate but I guess that must not be possible otherwise they would have done that instead.

I am sure we will hear some feedback soon on this new version.

Kyle
RcSuperSales-Net is offline Find More Posts by RcSuperSales-Net
Old Nov 12, 2008, 02:22 PM
Joined Mar 2007
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcSuperSales-Net

Kyle
www.RcSuperSales.net
Hi, I was hopping that there was more than that ...

For example, in europe it's hard to find the old DUO, www.hyperion-eu.com has allready replace the 1 with the 2 ... and most of the web site I know of do not sell the V1 anymore.

I'm afraid that hyperion do not build V1 anymore ....
baykah is offline Find More Posts by baykah
Old Nov 12, 2008, 04:24 PM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baykah
Since early pages of this long thread, some users were hungry for discharge feature - so, I guess, here we are?
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Nov 12, 2008, 05:25 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Well if you really want a good deal then wait until everyone purchases the new ones and place their old ones up for sale.

Charles