USA, IL, Palos Heights
Joined Oct 2006
311 Posts
Yes you can. I do it all the time.
Check these posts from early on in this thread:
Post 512
Post 518
DriveWRX is offline Find More Posts by DriveWRX
Last edited by DriveWRX; Jul 29, 2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:10 AM
QPower 18650
Sunshine Coast
Joined Jun 2006
1,537 Posts
Thanks.
madhun1 is offline Find More Posts by madhun1
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:41 AM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Dave, you're doing a great job. Having the best charger on the market among a lot of companies is a major accomplishment. I appreciate your efforts to meet people's requests with further innovations very much. Might be good to separate the wheat from the chaff here.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
A) We have absolutely NO intention of abandoning DUO (original) firmware updates. PM me if you have requests, and I will be sure to continue forwarding those to our engineers. I will also continue thinking on my own about how to make the charger better. I have always been and still remain more concerned about making good products than any other consideration. It is a point of pride in a job well done.

B) DUO II is still on the drawing board and first sample not even produced. My intention was only to give the soonest possible "head's up" to users considering a DUO, and who have some strong desire for an integrated high-rate discharge. I could not have mentioned it any sooner. The day I got the news that it was possible to do within the confines of the current case, and likely (not for sure yet) possible on a cost basis, I let ya'll know. As I mentioned, release date and price are still far from certain for DUO II.

C) The yellow LCD unit will have the associated PCB and cables to make it "Plug & Play" for those who want one. I don't have a final price from the factory yet, but should get that within a few days. It will be sold at ZERO profit to those who want one.

D) I am really trying very, very hard to accomodate everyone. People ask for firmware upgrades, then someone says "Too many firmware upgrades!". People ask for a DUO charger with integrated high-rate discharging, so I announce that we are working on it and I get "Thrown under a bus!". People want higher rate Store Mode, so we spend a few days testing and making docs on how it can be done in fifteen minutes if you stay near the charger.

Could you please try to "walk in my shoes" just once?? Please.

Sincerely,

David

PS: My previous post #664 was about firmware changes we thought might be possible to improve indoor contrast. But we were unable to make it work. So I ordered a slew of size-compatible LCD and tested them to see which was best. We settled on the Yellow, and hope to get some from the maker within the next 3-4 weeks.
cloud-9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud-9
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:44 AM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Neat about 4 3s.
Last edited by cloud-9; Jul 29, 2008 at 04:49 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:54 AM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhun1
Quick question.

If one can charge 2 x 6s; using one of the 6s -> 2x 3s charge plugs like this

or this

Could one charge 4 x 3s with a Duo?

Where do you find those connectors?

Jim
Old Jul 29, 2008, 06:56 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coro
Now the language editor can be installed and perhaps someone could translate it and publish.. I cant understand certain parts in German.

But.., As for my personal feelings... I really highly appreciate Logview project, a lot of work analyzing all those chargers, support of users and adapters and so on...
However, I am confused by Logview behavior a lot, as it is close to useless for me (it is breaking the session into many parts that can not be merged back together, it will not show starting voltage before charge or discharge start, neither voltage drop or rest voltage jump up after charge /discharge finish (data before and after charge are lost, they are simply completely ignored ).. and the data are stored in "encoded" form that can not be used in any else software except logview.. I feel like it is stealing My data, refusing any access to them anymore (to do things like Excel analysis, overlay, or creating nicer graphs).. And if I catch my data elsewhere, Logview refuses to accept them and display.. fighting me like I was an enemy. Why..
I am waiting for better Logview. Less buttons, less "Y" axis, less settings.. but more real data logs, and graphs. More friendly.
I have only used Logview with the LBA10, and it's splitting data there also, but only when the balancer is indicating a change of mode inside it's data.
The last version I have is able to export data in many formats like Excel and HTML.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:35 AM
Joined Jun 2008
164 Posts
I agree it's definitely a good charger for the money.

I wanted to add my agreement that it needs longer balance plug leads. The short ones make it hard to be safe and they go a long way towards ensuring the charger will go up in flames if the battery does.
gemmy876 is offline Find More Posts by gemmy876
Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:32 PM
Joined Nov 2006
9 Posts
Gemmy,

Hyperion has longer connectors to balance the batteries. It is called the Hyperion Multi-Adapter Extender.

It can be purchased from All e RC for $2.75
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?products_id=3704
Stroke Garry is offline Find More Posts by Stroke Garry
Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:54 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
HYPERION MULTI-ADAPTER EXTENDER
[HP-LB10-EXT] $2.75

This longer extender cable allows your 2-6s batteries to connect to all Hyperion EOS Chargers via Hyperion Multi-Adapters.

These have a wire length between the connectors of 14.5cm, which is 5.5cm (a little more than 2") [U]longer than the "original" version. These are helpful if you find the original too short

Not much of an improvement IMO.

You caan always roll your own.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1935722
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Jul 31, 2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:23 PM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
...These have a wire length between the connectors of 14.5cm, which is 5.5cm (a little more than 2") [U]longer than the "original" version. These are helpful if you find the original too short

Perhaps it is solved in newer, integrated balancers better, but here is an example of big resistance of balance wires: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899916
It is possible (not sure) that a problem may arise if balance wires and/or adapter have big resistance, so.. especially too thin and long wires, are not recommended at all.. But thick wires dont fit the connectors.
Also power charge leads should be short and thick, as it would prolong charge time if there is any higher resistance.

I have an idea..
Power wires are easier to make using fat, low resistance cable, than balance port.. and data link is not sensitive to length or resistance of the wires.
In case of charge of the pack without removing it from the plane, it could be much easier to use external balancer. For safety monitoring (measuring cell voltage, with or without balance bleeding), a datalink from LBA10 or from low voltage cutoff device hooked to balance port of the pack inside the plane, could be used - not now, with 0610i, but 1210i can do it. I would be glad for ability of use either internal balancer of 0610i, but either external LBA10, if it could be connected to charger thru NET port (of 0610i NET), or perhaps thru PC interface.. That is just an idea, but here 1210i is a winner for now..
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:41 PM
Joined Jun 2008
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroke Garry
Gemmy,

Hyperion has longer connectors to balance the batteries. It is called the Hyperion Multi-Adapter Extender.

It can be purchased from All e RC for $2.75
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?products_id=3704
Gary,
Thanks for the Link, that's definitely not as long as I'm looking for though.
gemmy876 is offline Find More Posts by gemmy876
Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:52 PM
Greensboro/H.Pt/Win-Salem P.T. Intl, North Carolina, United States
Joined Dec 2003
3,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer

Especially if you need enough length to reach a containment device, such as a battery bunker, located behind the charger
NCguy is offline Find More Posts by NCguy
Old Jul 31, 2008, 07:03 PM
QPower 18650
Sunshine Coast
Joined Jun 2006
1,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud-9
Where do you find those connectors?

Jim
hobbycity.com which is now changing to hobbyking.com.

There is a link in the second picture.

I have seen them elsewhere. I think BPhobbies might have carried the second adapter.

Q
madhun1 is offline Find More Posts by madhun1
Old Aug 01, 2008, 07:31 AM
Go guerrilla
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2005
4,899 Posts
Output battery connect error

Recently I've been getting this error (seemingly at random) when I'm using sync mode "Output battery connect error". The charger will charge for a while and then it starts beeping and displays that error. I am using 1.6 firmware. All the connections look good and it has happened on a variety of batteries. Anyone else seeing this problem?

Nippon Dave, can you provide any more specifics on what specific conditions cause the charger to display this message? I'd hate to have to send my new favorite charger in for service...
jfv61 is offline Find More Posts by jfv61