SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2008, 10:47 PM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFisher1421

I plug my batt into the main, plug my balance tap into the PCB adapter thingy, pull up the proper program - Hit Enter for Solo Charge - Hit Enter for the X Cells and charge away...
Yes that is charge mode with balancer attached, which will balance charge.

Charles mentioned that he did (mistakenly) hold start button in balancer screen, which starts balancing but which do not charge.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2008, 10:54 PM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieheliguy
Can someone tell me if there is a thread for the NET chargers
Well, I am not sure if I am right, but even if there is few threads regarding 0610i NET, none of them seems to be alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
There is a Thread for every charge known to man here it would seem.
NBot sure if this is the one you want.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609445

Many vendors provide a Link on their site to Threads on RC Groups which is convient IMO.

Charles
That thread is regarding 1210i charger, which has no internal balancer and no user upgradable firmware. Neither PC logging output if I am right.
So.. the 0610i NET has close to nothing in common with 1210i and that thread.

Since 0610i DUO and 0610i NET are very similar, now when both are v1.5 firmware they should behave really very close to equal, I use to post here even if my posts are regarding 0610i NET, not the DUO. But they should be applicable to DUO. I hope that it is OK.
Old Jul 03, 2008, 05:10 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
Is the balancing portion of the cycle automatic? Or must I enter balancing mode at some point manually or as a separate process?

Quote:
My previous (and I still use it) charger is a CP 4S - not much thought needed.

Thanks.

P.S. Rereading your post...maybe I completely misunderstood and you started off in balancing mode somehow...
In Li charge with balancing leads connected it charges and balances. During charge or after charge you can scroll to Balancer screen to observe Balancing (cell voltages). As I mentioned Display does show Memory # mode and Ch # but all on one line on a small screen . IMO it is fairly easy to change from the Charge mode to the Balancing mode without noticing it. If the last time you started a pack was in the charge mode and you just connect another pack and press start a few times when it does start one may not notice that charger mode was switched (by mistake) from charge balance to balance only.

Purchase one ,use it a few hundred charges, rotate between two or three planes and 3 or 4 Li batteries packs at the field and see if you never loose track or fail to pay 100% attention to what mode it is in.

You mention CP4 which I have , I also have CP10,Balance Pro HD, TP 1010C, and many other charger however most of these others do not have balancing built in.

The Hyperion is the only one of these which is extremely easy to change modes and / or Mem (Ch) and not notice the change IMO.

Old eyes, Small Display which is used to display a ton of information on what is in fact two chargers.

I would gladly pay $ 50 more for two separate / larger /better displays.

PS I also hate the little LCDs used on Transmitters ,most especially the ones placed at the bottom . How in the (()%&R is one suppose to be able to see the timer's display while flying? I use a $5 Kitchen Timer on a $300 Transmitter which has a timer built in. Seems kind of ironic to me.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jul 03, 2008, 05:28 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
I would gladly pay $ 50 more for two separate / larger /better displays.
Well, manufacturer will hear this.. but...
But it is not that easy. It would have to be offered as an upgrade, or tuning -
decision of which charger to choose and buy, is more based on charge current/power and the price.
$50 more would kill it..

Only past the purchase, once the user is satisfied with charge, but would like some improvements, the time to sell big, bright and contrast screen comes.

Well, my charger has bluetooth module already in it, and it is used only in the way of data out, from charger to PC. Perhaps controlling the chargers (more than singe one) using PDA with BT, such one with brillant tft touch screen, will be possible, but it should be supported by the firmware.

As for 0610i, You can choose whether You want DUO or two NET chargers with separate displays...
Old Jul 03, 2008, 07:39 AM
Hotep
UK
Joined Dec 2005
2,395 Posts
Just brought a Deep cycle batt to charge at the field but my car-batt-charger is playing up....... Can we use the Duo to charge a deep cycle batt ?
ShuNut is offline Find More Posts by ShuNut
Old Jul 03, 2008, 08:31 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
coro as per my post I stated I would gladly pay $50 for dual displays . I realize some think $280 is already to much but then some spend $500 or more on a charger.
With two outputs capable of 180 watts each , up to 6S LiPolys each I do not think this charger is really aimed at the 2 and 3S 2000 mah or less parkflyer with a few LiPolys and a under $200 aircraft.

As I posted earlier a Tri colored Display using different colors cor Ch 1 and Ch2 and a third color for balancing only mode should not be that expensive or difficult.

You can purchase a multi color car autio head unit for not much more than a single display color one. Even something as simple as a Green/ Red LED next to each Channel's out put connections would be a major improvement. On the other hand I seem to be the only one with a problem so I guess it is fine as is.

Yes you can purchase two Net chargers and eliminate these issues however that would cost a lot more than $50 more and it just so happens that I only need 180 watts to charge a 5S A123 at 10amps. The extra 70 watts of the Net would never be used by me unless Hyp. decided to remove the 10A max. limit on A123 cells and that is unlikely.

Charles
Old Jul 03, 2008, 08:32 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuNut
Just brought a Deep cycle batt to charge at the field but my car-batt-charger is playing up....... Can we use the Duo to charge a deep cycle batt ?

You do realize a Deep Cycle is a Pb, correct?

It really depends on the degree of importance you place on the perfect charge for your Deep Cycle. I use fairly expensive chargers for my Deep Cyles which have a special mode specificly for Deep Cycles. Any Pb charger will work but not as well. I have yet to try the Pd mode on the DUO.

Charles
Old Jul 03, 2008, 02:45 PM
Hotep
UK
Joined Dec 2005
2,395 Posts
Quote:
You do realize a Deep Cycle is a Pb, correct?

It really depends on the degree of importance you place on the perfect charge for your Deep Cycle. I use fairly expensive chargers for my Deep Cyles which have a special mode specificly for Deep Cycles. Any Pb charger will work but not as well. I have yet to try the Pd mode on the DUO.

Charles
Thx for that info Charles, after looking online for info on the batt i brought i found out it wasn't a DeepCycle batt but just a leisure batt.... so i took it back.

On another note The LogView 2.0 program works fine on my system as does the firmware program..... So i'm still confused as to why the Hyperion Logging software doesn't work.
Seeing as this LogView 2.0 program now supports the Duo, does that mean Hyperion won't bother with the Hyperion Logging software anymore ?

I like the LogView program, it looks quite complicated and has loads of fetures, I hope they make a FULLY English version soon.
ShuNut is offline Find More Posts by ShuNut
Old Jul 04, 2008, 12:36 AM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Download LogView 2.0 HERE

NOTE: LogView 2.0 was just released a few days ago. Some sub menus are still in German only.

Here are some notes to make connections easier

(FYI, Hyperion EOSView and/or may LogView require NET/DUO firmware v1.2 or higher. However, users should ALWAYS upgrade to the latest firmware, as they may contain important usability and/or safety enhancements)

All the Best,

David
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Old Jul 04, 2008, 12:59 AM
Regina, SK
Joined Nov 2006
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave

NOTE: LogView 2.0 was just released a few days ago. Some sub menus are still in German only.

(FYI, Hyperion EOSView and/or may LogView require NET/DUO firmware v1.2 or higher. However, users should ALWAYS upgrade to the latest firmware, as they may contain important usability and/or safety enhancements)

All the Best,

David
Still waiting for my reseller to get the interface cables...

Rob
Rob_G is offline Find More Posts by Rob_G
Old Jul 04, 2008, 01:13 PM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Dave, just noticed an omission from the table of error codes:

"Balance voltage cell too low"

I left a lipo connected to my plane overnight, guess it drained it. Both charge and balance modes gave me this error after checking the battery. The table has "balance voltage cell too high" but not the above msg.

It would be useful to have the ability to charge at an extremely low rate to try to bring back a battery like this. But the DUO won't let you, since in normal modes it refuses to charge when a cell is too low. So, if you are looking for new features, this would be useful.

I don't know if it would have helped in this case, the cells voltages were 1.9, 2.0, and 2.11; the battery may be beyond help; I don't know how low they can get and still be brought back.

Very nice to be able to see the voltages for each cell. Nice to have clear instructions as I fired up the DUO for the first time today.

Jim
cloud-9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud-9
Last edited by cloud-9; Jul 04, 2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2008, 01:15 PM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Dave, are there updated instructions for 1.5? My DUO came loaded with 1.5, and I'd like to try discharging, but not clear how.

Thanks,
Jim
Old Jul 04, 2008, 01:17 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
Jim

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/eos/EOS-...-ManUpdate.pdf

Good link to Bookmark for future reference.

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/0610i-firmware.htm
Old Jul 04, 2008, 01:18 PM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Quote:

Thanks Charles...

Jim
Old Jul 04, 2008, 04:58 PM
Buyin', Tryin' and Flyin'
DFW, Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave

All the Best,

David
When is the next update of the Hyperion PC software coming out? It does all I want; I just would like some GUI improvements (resizeable windows, both channel graphs up at once, etc.).

-Hilgert
hilgert is offline Find More Posts by hilgert