HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 25, 2007, 11:51 PM
Salida, Colorado
Joined Sep 2002
885 Posts
Karl: As a designer/builder/producer I KNOW where you're coming from. Advance the hobby at your own expense and put yourself in a loss position, or insist on $$$ support and look like a corporate sellout.

At $0.50/sq ft, send me 50 sq ft. Let me know by PM how you want payment, or stick the item on your website and be swamped! My cores cry for your covering! Have you tried it on blue foam? I fly over a lot of brush that won't hurt a wing if the LE stays intact. I also have a bigillion more questions. And I do promise to post my building & flying results so others can decide when and how much to order from you!!!
EdSoars is offline Find More Posts by EdSoars
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2007, 03:07 AM
Something MUST FLY!
OC, there is no "The OC"
Joined Jun 2004
1,070 Posts
Merry Christmas Karl,

I would like to make a purchase, just need to know how wide the rolls are to figure how much I need to buy to try this stuff out. What weights are you going to have available for certain? I would like to get my hands on some of each... Balisti-Cover Light, Balisti-Cover Heavy, Plastic Ply Balisti-cover light and Plastic Ply Balisti-Cover BURRLY.

Thank you,

Brad
IMoonBark is offline Find More Posts by IMoonBark
Old Dec 26, 2007, 03:32 AM
PWP!
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Oct 2002
3,911 Posts
Hooray - Brad's in the shop!
ajroahkni is offline Find More Posts by ajroahkni
Old Dec 26, 2007, 09:56 AM
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
The cost will be 50 cents/sq ft on all of it but the Plastic Ply Balistic-cover Burrly. That is the 75 cent stuff and then shipping $4.5 on most all but BIG of far orders I think. It all comes in 12" wide lengths but, I think I could get wider and if there is demand I will but for all my many uses I was quite pleased with the 12" wide variety.

WOW, lots of interest and orders and its getting a little confusing in my little inbox on the groups, could you guys corrispond through Karl@PredatorWings.com so I can keep a good handle on your orders. I'll take Pay pal there too and, I ALWAYS want your shipping address!

One more offer I'd like to toss out there to manufacturers, I'd be happy to build one of your kits using this new covering and do a demo video of it flying for you. I have had LOTS of requests to set up covering combos for Moths, weasels, HP, Phish . . . to name a few. I KNOW I could give my best recomendations if I have already built one of these ships in said covering. I will pay cost for any kit that I think could benefit from it and that has decent sales volume. Plus, I love seeing how this stuff really alters the kits into cool little stiffies! and pretty easily and cheaply too! I may not have been to nice for Santa this year but MY GOD you should see all the toy airplanes I got under the tree! I guess I did something right?
The Predator is offline Find More Posts by The Predator
Last edited by The Predator; Dec 26, 2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 12:28 PM
trying to kick the habit
United States, CA
Joined Mar 2006
1,397 Posts
Well congrats. Looks like you have put a ton of time, effort, and $$$ into this endeavor and come up with something really cool. I will be sending an order in after the ordering frenzy fizzles a bit.
Crashaholic is offline Find More Posts by Crashaholic
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:44 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,703 Posts
KArl,

You have a PM.

Ray
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2007, 03:55 PM
PWP!
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Oct 2002
3,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockBus
KArl,

You have a PM.

Ray
I think he works best by email - easier to track and all.

Karl has been nice enough to email me with options for covering and I am ALL IN with a bur(r/rr)ly "stuff" for my ogdy. Can't wait to see what it's all about, but out of respect to Karl will not be doing a "show all" thread on the "stuff" - just some shots of the finished product.

I knew there had to be a reason why I didn't PU/RT this thing yet.
ajroahkni is offline Find More Posts by ajroahkni
Old Dec 28, 2007, 04:07 PM
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
Cool ribbon move on that sucker!
Oh god, PU on the loose and unsupervised. SURPRIZE!!! LOL get the sand paper honey!!! And all that nastyness applying it all, I never could get myself to do that. Though I did do it with goop and Henery's. I'll pack that order up right now and get off to ya! I built a Bee and half of a Bat ALREADY today and started at 10:45AM, its 2PM and I know I'll easily have the bat done TODAY and ship a bunch of this stuff! Now I'm using mixtures of the stuff, at least on an experimental Bee the Canuck wanted. I put theLighter SUPER STIFF dimentional stuff on the top surface for rigidity and the heavier conforming on the bottom for duribility. I Knew this on was going to come out a tad tail heavy, like it did and, now I'm going toadd one more triangle of the BURRLY to the bottom of the nose as a MONSTER SKID PLATE and thin goop it all down. It'll weigh a TAD over 19OZS (great light combat weight) and, it'll be stiffer then any other bee to EVER. Fastest EVER built with actual covering too! and fun!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 06:01 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Predator

I built a Bee and half of a Bat ALREADY today and started at 10:45AM, its 2PM and I know I'll easily have the bat done!
So that's why you wern't up on the hill today! The wind was great!.........somewhere else.
A10FLYR is online now Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Dec 28, 2007, 07:15 PM
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
That's the real reason! I'm going for it tomorrow though! With my NEW BAT, OH BOY OH BOY!
Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:30 AM
Resistered Pilot
Ellensburg, WA
Joined Nov 2004
164 Posts
Hey Karl, I saw that Arbo mentioned he has a Guppy to cover. Which of the coverings would you recommend for a ship (Ok, Guppy) that needs to be as light as possible for best aerobatics- but will no doubt crash on occasion?

Stu
stueyjames is offline Find More Posts by stueyjames
Old Dec 29, 2007, 04:48 AM
No slope for richardo
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2005
2,369 Posts
Can someone give me the elevator pitch on this stuff, like under 50 words w/o caps?
Endless Sloper is online now Find More Posts by Endless Sloper
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2007, 09:21 AM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Sloper
Can someone give me the elevator pitch on this stuff, like under 50 words w/o caps?
ROFL. I too request a "Karl Abridged with less Caps" version

Linebreaks between paragraphs would be much appreciated, too

Steve,
we love ya Karl
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
Old Dec 29, 2007, 09:57 AM
Plane dodger
Stratford Sikorsky, Connecticut, United States
Joined Dec 2001
6,715 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out if you goop it or not or just if you want to BEST that the way to do it. Can't believe that there is no HUGE following of this INTenSE way ti cretate SUPERDUPER bond without the sweat and popcorn.

KillerAir is offline Find More Posts by KillerAir
Old Dec 29, 2007, 10:34 AM
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
stueyjames- I have used Balicti-cover heavy on one I built and, it came out to 20 OZS and a fairly tough stiff little sucker but, I'd have DEFINITLY used a better spar if I did it again, the wing stiffness is KEY for those snappy moves and I found the single ribbon in light black foam was too flimsy for my taste! I'd also use the Plastic Ply Balisti-cover light, I had not tested it at the time of my build but, it is definitely stiffer then the B-C heavy but, good for the fuse since it conforms well. Please use my regular E-mail and I'll tell you EXACTLY what I would do now and I think you'll LOVE IT!
As far as my poor communication style in writing, YOU'RE VERY WELCOME FOR ALL THE HARD WORK I HAVE DONE TESTING THIS STUFF AND MY HUGE EFFORT TO TRY AND EXPLAIN IT ALL CLEARLY SO YOU ALL CAN HAVE AWESOME SHIPS. EVIDENTLY, I DID THE WRONG THING SO HERE'S MY EFFORT TO CORRECT IT.
I will sell rolls of 100 feet of it for $40 and the burrly for $60. 1-2 weeks delivery time. E-mail me here to place your order and to pay with Pay Pal your PMT: Karl@PredatorWings.com please include you mailing address for shipping. I found round wheels work the best.

Yes this stuff is somewhat complicated if you want to take it to potencial and you may even have to read and take a note or two. If you do, you'll save lots of time and frustration and you'll get a very cool ship. If that's to much work please just wait till I get a kit out with this stuff in it and then you will not have to think, plan, wonder or even insult at all! Just follow the directions with the materials supplied. I just wanted to let the avid builders have a look and give me their feedback on something they would really love. The ones with initiative. I guess my gift turned into work for some, my appologies. I would just ask you to e-mail me personally and, I can help out like that and I'll be treated with a bit more respect too in ONE on ONES I bet. Maybe this stuff is not near as cool as I thought and, I'd better just leave it all alone publicly. I'm going to leave this thread now till we get some feedback from unbiased builders and, we'll just see what they think. At that point maybe you all would be a bit more tolerant to me putting MOST of my efforts into the actual building/testing and a bit less focus on gramatic hand holding.
Were you complaining about your other Christmas gifts too!
Thanks, Karl
Who's heading for SOUP NATZI status and FAST!
Last edited by The Predator; Dec 29, 2007 at 11:01 AM.
Closed Thread