HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2001, 05:49 PM
I am M I G H T Y !
Ipswich, England
Joined Feb 2001
486 Posts
Batt charger as power/thermal source for hot wire foam wing cutting bow? - UK

I have a VERY basic batt charger that I bought when I bought with my LS to charge its batts. I have since moved on to bigger and more complex aspects of modeling. I am wondering if I may be able to successfully use my charger as a power/thermal source for a foam wing cutting bow. Also if anyone has any advice/ideas for the construction of such a bow and or wing profile templates it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Steve
"Keep it up!"

[This message has been edited by Steve_Wrona (edited 05-19-2001).]
Steve Wrona is offline Find More Posts by Steve Wrona
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2001, 10:07 PM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,510 Posts
I have heard of using a battery with an ESC, rx and tx for cutting foam. The output of the ESC is connected to the bow. The amount of current, which will determine the temperature, is controlled by the throttle on the Tx.
Larry Dudeck is offline Find More Posts by Larry Dudeck
Old May 19, 2001, 10:58 PM
Motors beat engines!
Milwaukee Wisconsin, United States
Joined Feb 2001
4,564 Posts
I did that and it worked very well.
DeaninMilwaukee is offline Find More Posts by DeaninMilwaukee
Old Feb 29, 2004, 04:07 PM
Newnan, GA
Joined Oct 2002
2,087 Posts
What would you say the minimum ESC size should be? I may try this method to make a Red Herring.
Matt Chester is offline Find More Posts by Matt Chester
RCG Plus Member