HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GWS CHEN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 02:35 PM
RC = Empty wallet
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2005
356 Posts
I have finished building mine and would like some input with a motor/battery option that I'm looking at. I replaced the stock gws edf with an Air power AP700 DF, and want to know if the Mega ACn 16/17/2 EDF motor would be good choice, with a 2200mah 3s 30c lipo?
InvalidUsername is offline Find More Posts by InvalidUsername
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2009, 02:56 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
I used an HET 2W motor and an HET 6904 Fan powered by a 4400 3s15c or a 3300 3s20c and it flys and sounds awesome.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 28, 2009, 01:42 AM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by braden_conza
I replaced the stock gws edf with an Air power AP700 DF, and want to know if the Mega ACn 16/17/2 EDF motor would be good choice, with a 2200mah 3s 30c lipo?
AP700 with 16/17/2 is a good combo. It draws about 45A on 3S, which is well within your battery's 'C' rating (flight times will be quite short though). To get the best performance you should make an exit duct which tapers down to ~58mm diameter (90% FSA) at the tailpipe.
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Nov 29, 2009, 12:52 PM
Campinas - Sao Paulo - Brazil
Joined Jul 2008
82 Posts
How to mix this plane on dx6I ?

Hi, i need some help to mix all this plane setup with my spektrum DX6I, wich config i have to use ? (dual aileron,v-tail,elevon)

Any tip about that ? anyone can send me a "manual" just for j10 mix ?
thanks
Metallica2000 is offline Find More Posts by Metallica2000
Old Nov 29, 2009, 06:13 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
You'd be using elevons on the wings, then mix the canards servo with the elevator channel.
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
Old Nov 29, 2009, 09:59 PM
RC = Empty wallet
Joined Jan 2005
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
AP700 with 16/17/2 is a good combo. It draws about 45A on 3S, which is well within your battery's 'C' rating (flight times will be quite short though). To get the best performance you should make an exit duct which tapers down to ~58mm diameter (90% FSA) at the tailpipe.
Could you recommend a larger size battery that would extend the flight time?
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:13 PM
RC = Empty wallet
Joined Jan 2005
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica2000 View Post
Hi, i need some help to mix all this plane setup with my spektrum DX6I, wich config i have to use ? (dual aileron,v-tail,elevon)

Any tip about that ? anyone can send me a "manual" just for j10 mix ?
thanks

I have my j10 set up on a dx6I, it requires some messing about. I have set mine up so my flap and gear channels work the canards, and then have mixing for aileron/elevator(elevons).
This is how mine is set up
MIX1
ELEV--> FLAP ACT
MIX2
ELEV--> GEAR ACT

WINGTAILMIX
DUALAILE INH
V-TAIL INH
Elevon ACT

In subtrim use gear and flap channels to get servos level, and in the MIX1 and MIX2 functions use the D & U %(Down and up percentages) to adjust your control throw. With ther gear channel now mixed as an elevator dont use the Gear switch as this will deflect one canard 90 degrees, which in the air will most likely rip your canard and/or servo off

Hope that is any help, let me know if you need any more info or more help
Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:47 AM
Campinas - Sao Paulo - Brazil
Joined Jul 2008
82 Posts
Thanks friend! Later i will try that.
I let you know if this worked for me!

Thanks so much!

To tell you the truth , i had many problems with my mixed channels, one of the most strange things, was whem i pull back the stick to take off the J10, the elevons work fine, but if i stay getting altitude and them i make any turn (left or right) one of aileron stay on neutral position and the other do the correct moviment , making the j10 do a fast roll, finishing on the ground....

To take off and make a simple turn, i have to stop to gain altitude e them make a turn, because if i do a turn pulling back the stick, happens the strange thing above....roll..and them ground!

I will try to mix with your "Guide", them i report here. Cya!
Metallica2000 is offline Find More Posts by Metallica2000
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:10 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
[QUOTE=Bruce Abbott;13135390]... CG is at 88mm...QUOTE]

Bruce-- Hate to be a bother but can you post a pic showing where your CG is? Is it 88mm back from the side of the fuselage where the mloded wing root meets the fuse or 88mm back from the wing to wing root join line?

Thanks,
Mike
CarreraGTSCS is online now Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:28 PM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWarriorBelgy View Post
the ones that the slots were made for are the GWS Naro Pro STD
I set mine up so the canards worked as aileron and pitch surfaces
awesome stall manuevers and great response times to input
Chuck
Thanks for that Chuck. Could be wrong but it seems the size of the output gear of these servos is fairly unique. The size of that output gears seems half way between a micro and mini servo. I've got an old JP Naro from years ago but can't find another. Is anyone using any other well known make. Futaba, JR, Waypoint, Hyperion?
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Dec 01, 2009, 01:46 AM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by braden_conza
Could you recommend a larger size battery that would extend the flight time?
2500 or 2600 mAh would give you a bit longer run time, without too much trouble getting the battery to fit. 3300 mAh should get you at least 4 minutes WOT (6~7 minutes with throttle management) but you might have to carve out some space to get it into the battery bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
... CG is at 88mm...
Bruce-- Hate to be a bother but can you post a pic showing where your CG is? Is it 88mm back from the side of the fuselage where the mloded wing root meets the fuse or 88mm back from the wing to wing root join line?

Thanks,
Mike
88mm is from the wing to root joint (same measuring point as shown in the manual). It is 125mm back from the vertical panel line where the wing root meets the fuselage.
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Dec 13, 2009, 07:50 AM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,389 Posts
My second J10. Two servos on the canards this time gives more flexibility in lipo placement. HET 2W20 in a Wemo Mini Pro fan. HET 50A ESC. 4S3700 30C lipo. Painted with acrylic paints, decals applied and then clear glossed. Glassed the intake for strength. FANTASTIC model.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 08:24 AM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
Looks killer, kinda has a shark look to it. How fast would you say it is with that setup?

I started running mine on a sinlge 2200mah 3s lipo and the GWS 3800kv outrunner motor with the 75mm 6 blade fan rotor. Performs good after switching to a lighter battery setup. And the 6 blade rotor has a great air whooshing sound to it.
cray2602 is offline Find More Posts by cray2602
Old Dec 13, 2009, 08:30 AM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,389 Posts
Not fast fast, but to be honest it is pointless trying to make this model go fast. It's not about that. The fun is in having a good thrust to weight ratio. With that it's very cool to use big throws on the canards and get it flying real slow high alpha. If you want something fast go for an F-16. Won't be as much fun as this though.

If I put my Hoffman setup in this J10 the canards would probably get ripped off. At least with the double servo setup they would. Would probably be OK to have the single servo canard setup for high speed but you would need a lot of expo to keep the travel minimal at high speed.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:40 AM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
If you were to build this model for speed i think it would be better to not even connect the canards and leave them rigid, they are not really needed for handling IMO. But fully functional they add to the cool factor of this model for sure. Thinking of adding retracts to mine, but the power setup would probably have to be upgraded to acomidate the extra weight.
Im surprised this model hasnt sold more, its a sweet jet for the price and has lotsa room for options and accessories.
cray2602 is offline Find More Posts by cray2602