HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GWS CHEN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:07 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
A new out runner BL motor come with 24.5mm core for EDF75 at 3800KV will samples production in small qty.

This motor had proved pefect match with GWS J-10 performance very well.

Detail will be posted as soon as possible when avalible datas measured. However, GWS China is on the Chinese New Year long vocation.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:18 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Tommy Lai of GWS had tested this combination.

He said that will make GWS J-10 even more speedy than most inrunner BL motors!
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:24 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Speedy... is... good...
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Jan 25, 2009, 07:39 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Mr. Lin, the problem is with the q.c. Has that been fixed?

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Feb 07, 2009, 12:59 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,700 Posts
I maidened my J-10 (pusher-prop powered) this morning. Report here. This plane flies wonderfully...another fantastic job by the plane designers at GWS!
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old Feb 07, 2009, 04:06 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Thanks to Spackles94 did such a great job for test and writting this GWS J-10 review.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post11529864

Also thanks to herk1 did such a great job for test and writting this GWS J-10 review of another pusher version..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post11529878
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Feb 07, 2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2009, 06:37 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm
Mr. Lin, the problem is with the q.c. Has that been fixed?

chewy
We keep trying to be better.

I had cuson in law back to Taiwan from Brazil. He told me that he lost a lot of money when import made in China products.

GWS China QC manager was from Taiwan, yet he had long years experience teaching China QC staffs.

Sorry, if any miss from GWS China caused your inconvenience.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 02:52 PM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
Tommy Lai of GWS had tested this combination.

He said that will make GWS J-10 even more speedy than most inrunner BL motors!
Whats the latest word on the new motor? Any idea when it will be available? I have been looking for an outrunner in the 3800kv~4000kv range that will fit my GWS 75mm fan.
cray2602 is offline Find More Posts by cray2602
Old Mar 13, 2009, 11:46 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
The new out runner sample for EDF75 was sent to an RC flyer in USA to make test report.

Hope that we can see his review soon.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:51 PM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
Here is a thread i posted in the Foamy EDF forum. Thought i should post it here as well.

I got my hands on a prototype GWS 3800kv outrunner motor designed for the 75mm fan for the J-10 and or A-4. Nice looking motor. I dont have any specs on the motor other than the amp draw that i recorded. I will see if i can get some more technical info on the motor to post here.
3s lipo -
GWS 75mm stock 4-blade fan = 46 amps
GWS 75mm 6-blade fan = 43 amps

I was told this motor may or may not be able to handle a 4s lipo. Aparently it hasnt been tested on 4s yet and i dont have a large enough 4s to find out.

I went for a maiden flight on the new motor today with my J-10 and almost had a catastrophy. I lined up on the runway and pinned the throttle, the plane took off like a catapult launch, it was impressive. The instant i pulled back on the stick to send her skywards i heard a loud POW and the fan sound went from a smooth scream to a very loud resonateing vibration. The nose wheel kicked up a piece of gravel and it went right into the fan just as i rotated to climb. I should have known that it would happen sooner or later with a large cheater hole in the bottom as the runway i use is littered with some gravel here and there. But even with only 2 blades left on the stock 4-blade fan i was able to limp the plane back around and safely land it on the runway.

So no flight report yet. I can say that the static thrust seems very good. One thing worth mentioning - i am useing a CC Thunderbird 54amp ESC on my setup and the motor wants to stutter when starting up from a dead stop. I have noticed this same problem when useing some very aggresive motors on cheap ESC's. The problem isnt the motor, its the ESC's startup sequence as it tries to sense the location of the magnets from what i have learned in past experiences. A good quality ESC usually solves this strange dilema although ive never seen this happen on my Thunderbird ESC's before.

I have installed the 6-blade rotor and a wire mesh cover for the cheater hole. When weather permits i will get a flight report and hopefully video posted.
cray2602 is offline Find More Posts by cray2602
Old Mar 26, 2009, 02:04 AM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,389 Posts
Just make sure your wire mesh doesn' go through the fan...it wouldn't like that much either

Good to see this thread still going strong. I've just resurrected my J10 and will be running a 3 blade HET fan and Hoffman Magnetics 'Wild Beast' on 3S in it. Have also added horizontal and vertical thrust vectoring paddles in the thrust tube to try to get some real high alpha moves.
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Mar 26, 2009, 04:06 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchit
Just make sure your wire mesh doesn' go through the fan...it wouldn't like that much either

Good to see this thread still going strong. I've just resurrected my J10 and will be running a 3 blade HET fan and Hoffman Magnetics 'Wild Beast' on 3S in it. Have also added horizontal and vertical thrust vectoring paddles in the thrust tube to try to get some real high alpha moves.

Could you please show some details of how you added, including the linkages

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Mar 26, 2009, 04:42 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,697 Posts
Hi Cray,

Thank you very much for this initial report. My colleague told me the same as what you said, this's a very powerful motor. I'd expect to read a detailed one, but be sure to clear your runway well next time. Thank you again.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Mar 26, 2009, 06:00 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Hi Cray,

Thank you very much for this initial report. My colleague told me the same as what you said, this's a very powerful motor. I'd expect to read a detailed one, but be sure to clear your runway well next time. Thank you again.

Chen
Mr. Chen,
Will this motor handle a 4s pack?
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 26, 2009, 08:50 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro
Mr. Chen,