HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GWS CHEN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:29 AM
I need a bigger garage...
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2005
1,292 Posts
Chewy,

I see you're looking for pilots. Check out the ones from Dare Design at http://www.darehobby.com/accessories/pilots.htm. The small ones #1005-13 look about right in the A-4. See them in Skyhawk's A-4 at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1638516. If the J-10 is about the same scale, they should go good there too.

Andy
ajreynolds is offline Find More Posts by ajreynolds
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2008, 09:11 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
The more of flyers take off GWS J-10, you will realize that you worry to much of not enough power!

A little more than 300+g, you can keep her flew level.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Jan 27, 2008, 09:53 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajreynolds
Chewy,

I see you're looking for pilots. Check out the ones from Dare Design at http://www.darehobby.com/accessories/pilots.htm. The small ones #1005-13 look about right in the A-4. See them in Skyhawk's A-4 at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1638516. If the J-10 is about the same scale, they should go good there too.

Andy

aj,

thanks for the thread. Just recruited 6 new pilots from there Hopefully, they are fully trained and ready to take action when they arrive.

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:19 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,972 Posts
Just ordered 2 new 2500mAH 25C 3S lipos from UH to go with the J-10. Hopefully, I won't have to carve out too much of the fuse innards. The flight times was rather short with the 2250mAH 25C. Also ordered 2x1800mAH 25C 3S and may use this as 3s2p instead. Have to wait to see how it balances.

chewy
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:38 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,657 Posts
Chewy,

Congratulations for the maiden !
Have you used an ESC with more than 55A rating ? And it'd be much better NOT to use 4S with this motor on EDF75.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:28 AM
I need a bigger garage...
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2005
1,292 Posts
Has anybody got video of their J-10 yet?

Andy
ajreynolds is offline Find More Posts by ajreynolds
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:38 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
You MUST not to use a 4s pack on GWS 2815 RED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Chewy,

Have you used an ESC with more than 55A rating ? And it'd be much better NOT to use 4S with this motor on EDF75.

Chen
I guess that I should not use "suggest" you....

I should say: You MUST not to...
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:42 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajreynolds
Has anybody got video of their J-10 yet?

Andy
I also expect to see how you guys did.

Although that we had many sucess flights in Taiwan.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 04:25 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,127 Posts
More details on my air retract installation here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=799819&pp=100

and here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808977

They seem to work - kinda

J-10 after maiden last weekend:

Herb is offline Find More Posts by Herb
Last edited by Herb; Jan 29, 2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:36 PM
United States, CA, Downey
Joined Jun 2005
1,803 Posts
While looking thru the Instructions I noticed there is a servo extention that is supost to go in between the two side fuse halfs and it shows two servos on the bottom (in an Illustration) and nothing about them any where else? what are they fore Got any Ideas IE. Retracts Etc. Also there seems to be a hardpoint for placement of Tanks, Bombs and or Missles is GWS going to make a set for this? it just screams for some, or do I have to make them my self.
Jcopter
Jcopter is online now Find More Posts by Jcopter
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:25 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,657 Posts
Jcopter,

The retract, tank, bombs and missles were not mentioned by the manual. I'm afraid that you have to work on them if you'd like to add any one of them on it.

There're 3 pages illustrated the two servos on its bottom, P.10 one mentioned the servos used on operating aileron and nose gear, the other two pages mentioned the servos used on the canards. You could use one single servo to operate the canards.

Chen
Old Jan 28, 2008, 01:03 AM
United States, CA, Downey
Joined Jun 2005
1,803 Posts
Hey GWS Chen Ya I Know that retract, tank, bombs and missles are not In the manual I was wondering if GWS was planning to make a Bomb/Missle set? Maybe a misunderstanding, I would Like to see one. I can make myown, but much easer if GWS had one available as an ad on.
As to the Servos on the bottom see pg 4 #1.5 (31 servo extention wire W26/30) What does it go to? it says nose gear servo Is that where it goes? on the next pg. it shows cutout for two servo positions also on Pg.10 #7.7 I see two servos in the Illustration and no linkage to anything this is not clear.
If this is for the nose gear servo why not show the linkage setup in section 5 Landing gear Assembly, as this is where it shows to install the Gear and no mention as to servo placement and linkage. I thought it mite have went inside the canope area?
Also when do you expect the new rotors to be in the USA?
Thanks
Jcopter
Jcopter is online now Find More Posts by Jcopter
Old Jan 28, 2008, 01:19 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Chewy,

Chen

Thank you. The esc I used was a HXT 80A with a separate 3A BEC. I might try the 4S one day, but not soon. Maybe some braver soul will try it first.

chewy
Old Jan 28, 2008, 02:06 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,657 Posts
Chewy,

Forget this crazy idea if you care about your budget.

Chen
Old Jan 28, 2008, 04:43 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,657 Posts
Jcopter,

I'm afraid that my colleagues at R&D are working more at new airplanes and another projects. It seems that they do not have enough hours spending on these add-on items including telling how to install the retract. Well, GWS new retracts have been released http://www.gwsus.com/english/dealer/dealer.htm http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...gear_rg-mn.htm

Be reminded page 4, 1.5 was telling the nose gear servo to be installed on the bottom and how to insert its extension leads which to be connected with receiver. Page 8 did tell how to install the nose gear. I'm sure you know how to connect the servo arm and the steering arm of nose gear.

Page 10 did illustrate the locations of nose gear servo and aileron servos clearly, and the linkage between aileron servos and ailerons. Page 11 did tell how to connect all servos with receiver and battery pack, and mixer or delta wing function as well.

Chen