HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2007, 06:47 PM
The Tenth Dimension
Auburn, CA
Joined Dec 2006
452 Posts
Discussion
Transmitter Toggle Switch Help

I own a Blade CP from E-Flite. I had a lanyard attached to the center clip and the clip broke. The transmitter fell and broke the two toggle switches on top. I sent a email to E-Flite and they replied that they do not carry replacment parts for any E-Flite transmitter. I sent another email asking for the model/type of the switch so I could change it myself but they did not know it. Does anyone know what model/type of switch this is. Here is a example website for switches. http://www.nkkswitches.com/switchcategory.asp?S3=1
nieb15 is offline Find More Posts by nieb15
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2007, 07:07 PM
Unshaven yokel
Portland, Oregon
Joined Oct 2007
1,483 Posts
They have microswitches at radio shack. I'd just use those. Unless you need some special 3 way switch, and even then, I'm sure they have multi position switches. To install switches, just remove the old one, and if needed, ream out the hole with a knife and screw down the new switch.
sparkysko is offline Find More Posts by sparkysko
Old Dec 20, 2007, 08:37 PM
The Tenth Dimension
Auburn, CA
Joined Dec 2006
452 Posts
Does the type matter? Or is it the case of "as long as it fits"?
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:46 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
The left (trainer) switch will be a momentary switch. It only closes the circuit while it's depressed. The right one will be a standard toggle (on/off)switch, which just opens and closes a simple 2 wire circuit.

You could really probably get away with not replacing the trainer switch if it works the way it is (broke). You'd only need it if you're planning on hooking up on a buddy box system to train someone, and it seems like most who learn on these helis learn solo.

Idle up switch will be a good one to have, though.

When you hook them up, see if the operation is correct. If it's backward, you can just spin the switch around without disconnecting anything.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:00 PM
The Tenth Dimension
Auburn, CA
Joined Dec 2006
452 Posts
Yeah, the Idle up was a problem. It would get switched by a slight shake. I was flying a little while ago and it got tripped. The heli flipped around and hit the ground. Major damage to the drive shaft and rotor body. I still haven't got around to repairing.