HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2008, 07:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash9
Randall, what car is that your using. I'm in the market for a 4X FPV car and I wanted the E-maxx but there off the shelf right now and the new model is to much $ plus there's no 2 speed tranny .
http://item.express.ebay.com/1-10-RA...mdZExpressItem
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2008, 11:10 AM
RPV of DOOM
Joined Dec 2007
165 Posts
Quote:
Year1camaro, Your 4X is Bad-Ass . Love the snow chains .
Hey thanks alot,,,I have alot of time and money in it. Me and my partner did some RPVin this week and I got my truck hung up on small tree a few hundred feet from the house. It was freezin out so I didn't feel like going out in the woods lookin for it,,,,I kept floorin it in reverse and then forward until the tree let go of the truck(which it did),,,,the tree won thou,,,I snapped the left front revo axle right off the differential!!! I have a video of it coming in on three wheel drive(LOL) I didn't have to go get it thou.....oh well. I'll post the video tonight and the break,,,,,gives you an idea of the power this truck makes that it could even snap a revo axles off.
Thanks for the props!!!
year1camaro is offline Find More Posts by year1camaro
Old Jan 03, 2008, 11:28 AM
RPV of DOOM
Joined Dec 2007
165 Posts
Quote:
Randall, what car is that your using. I'm in the market for a 4X FPV car and I wanted the E-maxx but there off the shelf right now and the new model is to much $ plus there's no 2 speed tranny .
Hey crash9, I'd still look into the emaxx,,,,it's a great starting platform. Lots of options when it comes to going wherever you want. Mine is geared way down, 13 tooth pinions, and it's still kinda fast for RPVin,, you figure if the truck does 30MPH that's 300MPH in the cockpit which can be a handful. Maybe you could look on ebay,,,, they are pretty cheap for a nice one and you may even get a nice one with some option parts for 200.00 or under depending. I bought mine new unfortunalty, cause it didn't stay in it's stock form anyhow. In retrospec I wish I bought used. Good luck finding something thou,,,,,,it took me about a year to get mine where it is today and about 2200.00 I'm embarrassed to say....but when you see this thing out there you know where the money went,,,,,hope to have some videos up soon of the truck in action, video recorder is on the way. By the way I used to run 55T lathe motors in the truck which slows it down alot, but the drill motors since installed have proven beyond just better than the lathes when it comes to gettin you over an obsticle or out of a situation.
Old Jan 03, 2008, 12:27 PM
Ridgeway, Co.
Joined Dec 2007
132 Posts
Broke a Revo axle, wow that things got some power .
FPVpilot is offline Find More Posts by FPVpilot
Old Jan 03, 2008, 08:41 PM
RPV of DOOM
Joined Dec 2007
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVpilot
Broke a Revo axle, wow that things got some power .
In the front no less! I got a short video of my friend bringin the RPV in from that run. I saw it through his camera while we where out in the woods so I wanted to get a clip of it makin it back on three wheel drive. It pulled hard to the left the whole way back which took about 15 minutes, but it made it, locked axles saved the day! Saved a long walk too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kCu0NmV28o
Old Jan 04, 2008, 09:02 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Hey Crash9, do you have any close up pics of your camera mount? I've improved mine quite a bit, but it's still not perfect. I've got a standard size Futaba servo on the pan axis, that has helped. But it still vibrates a little bit. It's enough to make it appear like everything is out of focus slightly, including the visible parts on the car. Which means there is movement of the camera relative to the car. In your latest videos, it looks rock solid, even when going over rough terrain.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Jan 05, 2008, 01:32 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Hey Stang, I notice also that more weight I add on the car, it seems to make it a smoooother ride for the camera. I'll get some close ups on my camera mount and post them up.
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Jan 05, 2008, 01:39 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by year1camaro
Hey crash9, I'd still look into the emaxx,,,,it's a great starting platform. Lots of options when it comes to going wherever you want. .
You may be right about the options . I was at my local hobby store and noticed there's all kinds of spare parts and up-grades for the E-maxx . I noticed also the new E-maxx does have an option for the 2 speed tranny . I still would like to get the "Now" older E-maxx with the shorter wheel base . eBay .
Old Jan 05, 2008, 02:56 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Hey Stang, I notice also that more weight I add on the car, it seems to make it a smoooother ride for the camera. I'll get some close ups on my camera mount and post them up.
Cool thanks. BTW, I rebuilt the shocks on my Falcon last night. Used softer valving also, and the suspension seems much better now. Much smoother motion and softer too. I was using really stiff valving which was causing the suspension to not move much at all. Gona try to do some more FPV driving today or tomorrow, and hopefully that will help also. I'm thinking about also using a standard servo with a ball bearing on the output shaft, because I still see some flexing where the camera mounts to the servo, and it's mostly due to the servos output shaft flexing. Metal gears and ball bearings would probably help.
Old Jan 05, 2008, 07:54 PM
bulldozerr
Manchester, Connecticut
Joined Nov 2007
46 Posts
Nice!! Any video yet?
bulldozerr is offline Find More Posts by bulldozerr
Old Jan 05, 2008, 09:28 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,976 Posts
I can't find the tilt servo ?
VRflyer is online now Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Jan 05, 2008, 10:27 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
The camera is attached to the HS-65 between the braket .
Old Jan 05, 2008, 10:29 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
This may help Other then the servo is mounted upside down in the picture .
Old Jan 05, 2008, 11:50 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Ok, here ya go! I had a lot of fun with this one. The kids had fun being chased around by the FPV car also.

FPV Falcon 1 (4 min 33 sec)

BTW, this was done before I started working on the vibrations. They have been improved quite a bit, but still not to the level of Crash's videos. Download the original on vimeo's site for better quality.