Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 31, 2010, 01:48 PM
RPV of DOOM
Joined Dec 2007
165 Posts
Let me be the first to say,,,,Awesome footage! That real long jump the black slash made in front of the cam truck was really cool! I know it would be scary but it would be neat footage if you got that heli down close to the action....
year1camaro is offline Find More Posts by year1camaro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2010, 03:00 PM
Poland Gdynia
Joined Feb 2009
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash9 View Post
Ok it's done....finally. 2 1/2 hours of action packed FPV racing down to 5 minutes. Got enough footage left over for a couple more videos. Plus I have the rock crawling video to finish...Seems in the winter months I put my Helis and planes away and break out the trucks, it was nice to use the heli for this video when the rain stopped long enough. Good thing about the rain is no need to water the track . The last day of filming I purchased a new 4x4 Slash and managed to get some shots with it....The 4x Slash really hooks up

Heli shots where done after a track was change to a cross over .

I did manage to talk one of my buddies into a FPV Slash race....video coming soon also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ro9OJu1s7s

Super
Is this normal or control FPV?
kefir is offline Find More Posts by kefir
Old Jan 31, 2010, 04:07 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by year1camaro View Post
I know it would be scary but it would be neat footage if you got that heli down close to the action....
Thanks.....I would like too also...just can't keep the guys from running out on the track to flip over their trucks while I'm flying
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Jan 31, 2010, 04:08 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefir View Post
Super
Is this normal or control FPV?
Heli was in normal view flight most of the time and E-maxx is full-time FPV.
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:26 PM
Joined Feb 2004
40 Posts
Quote:
Thanks.....I would like too also...just can't keep the guys from running out on the track to flip over their trucks while I'm flying
Guess a cable cam is out of the question...
gernith is offline Find More Posts by gernith
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:02 PM
Technician Steve
Rochester
Joined Jan 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Ok it's done....finally. 2 1/2 hours of action packed FPV racing down to 5 minutes. Got enough footage left over for a couple more videos. Plus I have the rock crawling video to finish...Seems in the winter months I put my Helis and planes away and break out the trucks, it was nice to use the heli for this video when the rain stopped long enough. Good thing about the rain is no need to water the track . The last day of filming I purchased a new 4x4 Slash and managed to get some shots with it....The 4x Slash really hooks up

Heli shots where done after a track was change to a cross over .

I did manage to talk one of my buddies into a FPV Slash race....video coming soon also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ro9OJu1s7s

Crash thats awesome!

Your footage is so professional looking.
I can imagine it being a televised motor sport event!, and then Heli swoops in and makes it look like your on the F1 budget. Love it.

I've been working at my 1:18th scale again...
I got hold of a cheap Aiptek HD camcorder with av out. 40
(Thanks for the inspiration Wobby )
and I've naively attempted to mount it on my pan and tilt setup.
If your thinking 'surely its too heavy and you are doomed to fail' your right.
But undeterred i've taken some pictures and made a video to show you all my endeavors. I would have shown you the pan and tilt moving but i had forgotten to put the screw into the servo so it kept falling off. My bad

HD pan and tilt camera on 1:18th scale RC Truck (0 min 41 sec)

The pan and tilt did work... to an extent, but the whole setup was very unstable and wobbled like hell.
In the end i thought if i'm going to use the camcorder, i'm going to have to lose the pan and tilt until i get a bigger truck. (we're gonna need a bigger boat..)

So, i ripped off the entire painstakingly built mount thing and bolted the camera to to the truck directly. Back to a two channel transmitter
blah blah blah... See ugly effort:

Im still waiting for my new av transmitters, they seem to be taking a long time to come, but maybe this week!!

This next video is shameful, its pitch black, and the camera is pointing up in the air but i had to test it sorry. Probably don't even watch it lol

HD FPV RC CAR (1 min 36 sec)

In the future i'm sure ill be able to post some vids nearly as interesting as yours crash. I look forward to seeing more.

Cheers guys

FPV Whoop whoop
Stylish187 is offline Find More Posts by Stylish187
Old Feb 01, 2010, 02:14 AM
five by five
Panama City Bch, FL
Joined Jan 2009
2,074 Posts
Stylish187, is that a m18mt? what wheels/tires are are those? the truck looks good btw! i dig the platform on top. i have problems keeping all 4 wheels on the ground with mine

i think im done trying to fpv my 1/18th for now... more focused on the heli & planes. i might sell a bunch of it and pick up a mini e-revo. cheers!
-sj
sonicj is offline Find More Posts by sonicj
Old Feb 01, 2010, 03:51 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
Crash,
Great video as always.
4WD Slash, I'm jeolous bad !
thanks btw.

Stylish,
You are nuts, lol
But i'll give you credit for it.

gernith,
Roflmao

Kefir,
Thanks dude,

Year1Camaro,
I'm about ready to make a new frame for my truck, i'm taking some inspiration from you building your own frames.
Could you give me a couple of pointers on material used for tubing and braising meathod ?
thanks
Wobby is offline Find More Posts by Wobby
Old Feb 01, 2010, 06:51 AM
Joined Aug 2007
764 Posts
If you haven't seen this post of mine, it talks about the EZ Star launch dolly I have in development. It turned out to have an unintended resemblance to the amazing road trikes that gather every year for a convention near where I live. If it doesn't work well as a launcher, all I need to do is add a motor and I'll be in business:
misfire is offline Find More Posts by misfire
Old Feb 01, 2010, 08:35 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,905 Posts
I thought that this is a helpfull simple mod so I hope it is ok to post it here.

I ripped my ariel off my VTX, taking some of the PCB with it.

The VTX still works after a work around rewire following the advice from Charles Breener even thought at least two of the capacitors are missing. ( I think it has lost some range, but hey it works)

To try and stop this happening again I made this slip on brace out of a piece of 15mm OD conduit by cutting a slot with a dremel across the pipe and then from this cut to the end of the pipe, apply some heat and open to fit your VTX and a couple of turns of amalgamating tape on the airel "nut" to make the airel snug in the pipe

I cartwheeled the EZ* on landing today (it was to windy to fly here in the UK but you know how it is sometimes) the brace held the airiel in place but allowed it to bend at it flex joint

I think without it that would have been the end of the VTX that time.

Regards Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Feb 01, 2010, 09:55 AM
Technician Steve
Rochester
Joined Jan 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
Stylish187, is that a m18mt? what wheels/tires are are those? the truck looks good btw! i dig the platform on top. i have problems keeping all 4 wheels on the ground with mine

i think im done trying to fpv my 1/18th for now... more focused on the heli & planes. i might sell a bunch of it and pick up a mini e-revo. cheers!
-sj
Hi Sonic.

The truck is an XTM Rage.
Basically identical to the m18mt. Most of the parts are even interchangeable.

I know what you mean about keeping the wheels on the ground.
Top heavy is an understatement. Ive got concerns about killing the camcorder on its first run....

I will try and get some daylight footage today though anyway

Cheers

Update:
Failed to get daylight footage.....
Last edited by Stylish187; Feb 01, 2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Fail
Old Feb 03, 2010, 09:23 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
You guys may have seen this in the flying thread, but here is my second drive with the gf, lol

Traxxas Summit Beach Babe 2nd Date.mov (3 min 22 sec)
Old Feb 03, 2010, 10:31 AM
Joined Feb 2004
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
You guys may have seen this in the flying thread, but here is my second drive with the gf, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVpWqjsoY4o
I found it unsettling that he didn't have his hand on the steering wheel in this vid. I got used to it in your other vids!

Nice vid.
gernith is offline Find More Posts by gernith
Old Feb 03, 2010, 11:26 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
good observation, lol
Yeah was most upset about that, hios hand fell off the stearing wheel pretty early on, and couldn't be bothered driving the car back just to put it back in place.

I have since fixed this problem, I removed some of the wire inside his arm i used to stiffen it up with.
Now is a lot better.

I am building a new steering wheel, a larger and thinner one, more Toyota FJ40 scale like.
This tiny little wheel has been annoying me for a little while now, is just too small and Go kart like.
Old Feb 03, 2010, 04:29 PM
Technician Steve
Rochester
Joined Jan 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobby View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVpWqjsoY4o
Wobby I hope you have learned a lesson, showing off to your super'model' girlfriend by driving forward and looking backwards is very dangerous.
I hope there is no damage to the V8's sump
Plus no seatbelts! scary stuff.

Brilliant vid