HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2007, 05:59 PM
bulldozerr
Manchester, Connecticut
Joined Nov 2007
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash9
I believe it's this one he tried to post .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=naaebwfyeOw
Thanks. I spaced on that one.
bulldozerr is offline Find More Posts by bulldozerr
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:21 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Any reason why you went with the HS322? Is it better than the 311? I noticed the HS325HB has a top ball bearing. I wonder if that would be better.
It was a left over from a flight pack and looked like it would work better because less slop . Same mod as your HS-81 with 2) 2k for 180 rotation. I'm using Radio Shacks 2.2k) .
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Dec 27, 2007, 01:52 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Cool. I've got a couple of standard size Futaba servos laying around. I might try one of those.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Dec 27, 2007, 01:05 PM
RPV of DOOM
Joined Dec 2007
165 Posts
E Maxx RPV FPV

Me and a friend got into this RPV stuff last winter when it was to cold to r/c. I put a simple camera on top of my rock crawler and the rest is history. I made a short video of the current state of my rpv. This truck is completly water tight, snow tight, all weather rpv. Locked axles 4ws, 4x4 beast! Currently running a 500mw 2.4 transmitter that is giving us some nice range. Hope to see more more people getting into this, my truck and my friends have been up and running like this through the summer, but we mainly made em for winter fun. It's a stretched E maxx with a New Bright Hummer body. I currently get over an hour and a half run time right now with tons of torque,,,,,never gets stuck unless the snow is just to deep. If you check my other videos on youtube I run the truck without the hummer body and camera equipment for chassis testing, it running on solid ice and you can see how well it performs. Imagine bein in the cockpit! Just awesome, this is a great twist on the hobby......

http://www.youtube.com/v/TfbW5g2gstM&rel=1
year1camaro is offline Find More Posts by year1camaro
Last edited by year1camaro; Dec 27, 2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 02:09 PM
UNREGISTERED USER :)
New York
Joined Apr 2007
773 Posts
Hey, I made a revere on my little fpv car, now I don' t have to call for help if I hit something or etc. I will post pictures of howI did the reverse wth a plane speed controler and a servo later.

damian
damian123 is offline Find More Posts by damian123
Old Dec 27, 2007, 03:44 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
The speed controller in my car already has reverse. Just use one of those.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 03:53 PM
New York
Joined Apr 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
The speed controller in my car already has reverse. Just use one of those.

Well I could but why waste money? lol I will put the cam in my Easy glider soon anyway, well when the weather improves.. I rather fly.. also the speed controler I'm using is as I said a plane speed controler so it doesn't have reverse.

Also I have the reverse already DONE so why destry it and waste money?

I'm to lazy to go all the way downstair to get my camera and shoot some photos. I will do it later..

damian
Old Dec 27, 2007, 06:30 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
I was just in this RC shop yesterday and had to carry a shopping cart! Anyhow they had a RC car circuit in the shop and the boys there were doing some crazy high speed drifting!!! I thought a bunch FPV rocket road racer would be soooo cool if they ripped the track together at the same time!!!!
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:29 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Wow, that's a big store!
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:01 PM
Joined Jan 2007
708 Posts
JMS, you better get out of that store... you can only bring back 22kg suitcases... That's the new limit on the airlines...

I was out today, and if this vehile would be a little heavier, I would have instaled a camera on it. This is pretty wilde, I know there are bigger versions, I may go and get one at some point. Anyway, this goes on land, water, snow and air. It is a lot of fun. Here i a video of my 7 years old son driving it. Please note this is the econd time he tries it, and he is already in the air...

Please enjoy:
Stormluncher in the snow (1 min 46 sec)

Also, daddy's got a toy as well. Even if it is sow - in calm weather as it was today one could fly in the nearby park. The plane is from parkzone, a vey small cessna - RTF with 2.4GHz radio. Range - about 100ft. But this is a lot of fun. I took off from my driveway today several times, and landed back there. All the neighbourhood was out watching the new toy... Later on I asked my wife to tape it, the camera is out of focus many times, the plane is so small that it barely can pinpoint it on the sky bakground. I had to edit the vide and change the "levels" so you can see the plane somewhat...

Here is the video:
Parkzone Cessna (1 min 19 sec)
oxxyfx is offline Find More Posts by oxxyfx
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:24 PM
New York
Joined Apr 2007
773 Posts
wow JMSTECH thats sick! I want to go there I need loads of $$$ thought or Yan? right? Thats awasome big shop!

damian
Old Dec 28, 2007, 03:22 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Yeah I am still a bit dazed after leaving that shop!!! They had a ready to fly 400 size heli with a brushless motor, esc, gyro etc... $200.00 APC Props for our Easystar....$3.00 Japanese made 40 size kit planes $40 to $80 each. I had to control myself reallllll hard there and yes OXXY is right about the weight restrictions of how much we can carry now. I should import more vehicles and stuff the containers with RC goods LOL Just a thought....

Hey OXXY:

I see the force is strong in young Oxxy He's going to be one of those awesome 3D flyer!!! I can see it!!!!

And that Cesna... funny thing I was holding that plane in my hands yesterday at that crazy shop
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Last edited by JMSTECH; Dec 28, 2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 02:23 PM
Ridgeway, Co.
Joined Dec 2007
132 Posts
Here's a pretty cool drifting video I came across. The video car has a front and rear mounted camera and gets some good shots, now they just need to add some FPV gear .

DRIFTFACTORY O2 RC Drift 2007 6 (4 min 12 sec)
FPVpilot is offline Find More Posts by FPVpilot
Old Dec 30, 2007, 10:17 PM
New York
Joined Apr 2007
773 Posts
WOW! Thats tryly amazing fpvpilot~! Great find I loved the video! I wish I could go there with my car

One day...

BTW I know where I could go on a track here on staten island at Brownies.. Well the thing is that I would NEED a 27mhz car.. they are strict about the whole surface and air thing..

damian
Old Dec 31, 2007, 05:36 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,981 Posts
impressive video, never seen this kind of driving on small car. Only real race on ice and it's absolutly awesome
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer