HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2008, 07:37 AM
Surrey, UK
Joined May 2004
25 Posts
Thanks for the replies people. I'm pleased that I haven't got a 'its definately the brushed motors' type response as the brushless conversion isn't cheap.

Twinturbo, yes suppose knowing where the vibes are coming from would help. I'll run the tests you suggest. Looks a bit like a high frequency vibe so most likely in the drivetrain or wheels or inteference. Bought the E-Maxx used so suppose something could be bent that I don't know about.

Year1,
I need some new tyres anyway, and yes running the stock chevron jobbies at the moment. I'll check out the Moab's. Also yes I suspect some of the vibes could be to do with the servo - either the main shaft of the pan servo moving, or the small servo horn which has to carry all of that weight flexing. I think either way I'll work on a new pan/tilt mount which supports the whole thing a bit more solidly in bearings and takes the weight off the servo. I was never really happy with the tilt pivot point on the 191 either - its right at the back of the camera if you use the standard holes so about 45g's of weight infront of the pivot point. I'm sure a central CofG pivot would be much better for bumpy applications.

Thanks again for the info. I'll let you know how I get on.
LozMod is offline Find More Posts by LozMod
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2008, 11:31 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
It's definitely possibly partially related to the brushed motors. There, clear as mud??
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Apr 09, 2008, 12:00 PM
Cameras are EVERYWHERE...
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2008
1,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
It's definitely possibly partially related to the brushed motors. There, clear as mud??
Can you be at least partially certain that there is nothing you forgot to remember?
tvdude310 is offline Find More Posts by tvdude310
Old Apr 09, 2008, 03:41 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Well, I'm not sure. Because I forgot what I couldn't remember, so I'm not totally sure if it possibly could maybe be a problem. If it is, then I had forgotten the fact that it can sometimes possibly cause interference that may or may not possibly be a slight problem, that somehow slipped my mind because I couldn't remember.

Ahh I don't know!
Old Apr 09, 2008, 04:43 PM
Cameras are EVERYWHERE...
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2008
1,879 Posts
We should be in politics...
tvdude310 is offline Find More Posts by tvdude310
Old Apr 09, 2008, 04:46 PM
Warrenton, VA
Joined Dec 2002
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Well, I'm not sure. Because I forgot what I couldn't remember,

Ahh I don't know!
See. This comes from us living too close to DC. We hear this all day long on the radio, and pretty soon, a straight answer becomes impossible.
Va-PFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Va-PFlyer
Old May 04, 2008, 10:15 PM
The Tinkerer
MS, United States
Joined May 2008
43 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys with the emaxxes know, there is a rear steer kit available, its made by RAD R/C. here is a link to it
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=RAD0700
Hope this helps.
And yeah i now have the bug and am already pricing a 900MHz video system. I have a ebay camera on the way for my RC18MT. FPVvideo.com and all of you have given me a lot of very useful information to use for my build. I'll give you
a pic when i get a little closer to finishing, granted it won't be the quality of the ones here, its still a blast to run. I used to run a 1/18th scale onroad car with a radioshack wireless camera at my old community college when we stayed late to work on drafting projects.
Hondajd7 is offline Find More Posts by Hondajd7
Last edited by Hondajd7; May 04, 2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old May 08, 2008, 09:28 PM
Ridgeway, Co.
Joined Dec 2007
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondajd7
Just wanted to let you guys with the emaxxes know, there is a rear steer kit available, its made by RAD R/C. here is a link to it
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=RAD0700
Hope this helps.
And yeah i now have the bug and am already pricing a 900MHz video system. I have a ebay camera on the way for my RC18MT. FPVvideo.com and all of you have given me a lot of very useful information to use for my build. I'll give you
a pic when i get a little closer to finishing, granted it won't be the quality of the ones here, its still a blast to run. I used to run a 1/18th scale onroad car with a radioshack wireless camera at my old community college when we stayed late to work on drafting projects.

Cool, and Welcome to the FPV addiction
FPVpilot is offline Find More Posts by FPVpilot
Old May 12, 2008, 08:16 PM
The Tinkerer
MS, United States
Joined May 2008
43 Posts
what do you guys think about a Futaba 6EXH Radio for my fpv E-Maxx/T-Maxx?
Old May 13, 2008, 12:31 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Updates to my Tamiya Falcon RC FPV car:

I finally got to do some testing with my 900MHz video, and the performance is MUCH better (as far as video glitching, multi-pathing, etc.) than with my 2.4GHz system. And that was even just using a single receiver, as opposed to my 2.4GHz diversity system. I will have to try and get some video soon.

So, some improvements...

Went with a better RC receiver and am getting much better range now.

I ditched the camera tilt servo, which has resulted in a much better mount of the camera directly on the pan servo. MUCH IMPROVED vibration now. Looks a whole lot better!

I replaced the steering servo that was acting up real bad with the 900MHz video Tx. The Tx is still pretty close to the camera pan servo, but it's not too bad. It only twitches just slightly, and it's only apparent when I plug the system in. Or rather, when I'm close to it. When I back away, it settles down. So I'm guessing some of the radiation is reflected back at the car causing more interference w/ the servo. Weird...
Old May 26, 2008, 12:20 PM
The Tinkerer
MS, United States
Joined May 2008
43 Posts
I recently got some parts in and decided to go ahead with the build. so far this is what i have. I started playing around with my RC18MT and have just now moved up to my MAXX. It started life as an original .15 T-Maxx and has since had 3nitro motors and now its first pair of Titans. The only thing keeping it from running right now is a set of pinions, which are on the way. The only thing it really needs is a 900mhz camera system to be complete. This ebay camera works for testing purposes but severely lacks in the range department. That's all for now, hope ya'll enjoy.
Old May 28, 2008, 06:31 PM
RPV of DOOM
Joined Dec 2007
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondajd7
I recently got some parts in and decided to go ahead with the build. so far this is what i have. I started playing around with my RC18MT and have just now moved up to my MAXX. It started life as an original .15 T-Maxx and has since had 3nitro motors and now its first pair of Titans. The only thing keeping it from running right now is a set of pinions, which are on the way. The only thing it really needs is a 900mhz camera system to be complete. This ebay camera works for testing purposes but severely lacks in the range department. That's all for now, hope ya'll enjoy.
KEWL
year1camaro is offline Find More Posts by year1camaro
Old May 30, 2008, 11:02 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Crash9

Good to see you guy's are still at it . I got a new job with an SCCA Pro Touring car team and they have me traveling all over North America for the races. Speed Channel covers them and it's a blast to be doing something I love but it has taken me away my FPV time for now . I did take some of my FPV gear to Lime Rock CT. and installed it in the Mazda6 race car for some realtime incar video that was really fun . This team works me hard but the $ is really good so I can't complain. I would bring my EasyStar and pack it up but there's not much time for it with preping the race cars. Hope to get some FPV time in soon .

Here's some pics.
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Last edited by Crash9; May 30, 2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old May 31, 2008, 12:52 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,620 Posts
Scott..

Man some guys have all the luck and fun! BTW I checked out the number count on which pictures got the most views... very interesting which ones got picked Secondly... Girls don't love race cars like depicted on the photo, they love the man's tool!
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old May 31, 2008, 11:29 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH
Scott..

Man some guys have all the luck and fun! BTW I checked out the number count on which pictures got the most views... very interesting which ones got picked Secondly... Girls don't love race cars like depicted on the photo, they love the man's tool!
That's so true, just put a girl in it and everyone's happy!!!mainly the tool...
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9