HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2008, 02:19 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdude310
I wonder if the guys at Range Video tried to crank up the gain on some of these to get a stronger link, and ended up overdriving them?
Don't know. But something is going on here. Have not been able to get ahold of Range Video since they sent the new one to me.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2008, 03:21 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
I just tried it with my Berg7P and got the same result. I also disconnected the steering servo, just in case that was causing some sort of backflow of RF into the receiver. Still the same thing. Something is different between our Tx's.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 04:06 PM
musicians can fly?
Seattle, WA
Joined Nov 2007
154 Posts
I ordered my 500mw 900mhz system back on the 6th. The EZ pod was out of stock, and said so on the site, but was supposed to be back in stock the next day and everything was supposed to ship out then. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything about it shipping so I dropped a note and was bummed to get a response that the 900mhz tx's were out of stock and he was waiting on more. It was supposed to come this last week. Yesterday arrived and still nothing (by now all the ancillary stuff I have ordered AFTER the RV order was placed have all trickled in) so needless to say, I am chomping at the bit. This morning I got a reply to my email yesterday saying still no TX's in, and that it should ship next week. *Sigh*

I DO wish Vova was a little more proactive about the communication. I understand that sometimes supply issues happen. Communication helps in that regard though. At no point that i have witnessed, has the RV website said the 900mhz systems were "out of stock".

I guess patience is a virtue, but now I worry that when I DO get the order, that the hardware isn't going to play nice with each other.

-Ross
wyldryce is offline Find More Posts by wyldryce
Old Mar 22, 2008, 04:27 PM
Cameras are EVERYWHERE...
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2008
1,879 Posts
...hopefully they're not trying to get rid of their returned items by shipping them out...
tvdude310 is offline Find More Posts by tvdude310
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:20 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldryce
I ordered my 500mw 900mhz system back on the 6th. The EZ pod was out of stock, and said so on the site, but was supposed to be back in stock the next day and everything was supposed to ship out then. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything about it shipping so I dropped a note and was bummed to get a response that the 900mhz tx's were out of stock and he was waiting on more. It was supposed to come this last week. Yesterday arrived and still nothing (by now all the ancillary stuff I have ordered AFTER the RV order was placed have all trickled in) so needless to say, I am chomping at the bit. This morning I got a reply to my email yesterday saying still no TX's in, and that it should ship next week. *Sigh*

I DO wish Vova was a little more proactive about the communication. I understand that sometimes supply issues happen. Communication helps in that regard though. At no point that i have witnessed, has the RV website said the 900mhz systems were "out of stock".

I guess patience is a virtue, but now I worry that when I DO get the order, that the hardware isn't going to play nice with each other.

-Ross
Humm I ordered my 900TX and RX on the 5th and all where in stock but when I emailed about when it would ship I was told the 900 RX was out of stock and he could send the TX for now if I wanted. He has always replied to my emails and I was told I would be receiveing my order torwards the end of March .
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:32 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Thanks Crash. I appreciate you checking that. I feel worse about my stuff now.

If it's not too much bother, can you test it on your Trex 450 also? I'm interested in how the HS65's will react.

Hmm, I was using an FMA receiver. I have a spare Berg7P laying around. Maybe I'll try that too.
Test continued:
The Hitec RX had some very slight glitching but nothing that would stop me from using it and the Futaba RX was solid like the Berg on my TSII.

As far as the Trex it has no glitching with the 2.4 radio or the Berg7p but with the Hitec Electron 6 I suffered glitching very un-flyable. I did not test with the Futaba RX because of it's size.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:08 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Thanks dude. So it sounds like we've tested the same components then. You have had pretty good luck with yours, whereas mine is much worse.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 08:54 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,904 Posts
Easy Easy Star Cam Pod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldryce
I ordered my 500mw 900mhz system back on the 6th. The EZ pod was out of stock, and said so on the site, but was supposed to be back in stock the next day and everything was supposed to ship out then. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything about it shipping so I dropped a note and was bummed to get a response that the 900mhz tx's were out of stock and he was waiting on more. It was supposed .........
-Ross
Hi Ross their pod is neat but you can make one very quickly using correx ( plastic board )

This is a new one just being made, cut a piece a approx size push it into the cockpit and it will fold itself at the corners mark the fuse outlines with a pen remove and trim , cut a square piece with the "grain running in the other direction stick that to the base with uhu hold it down in the canopy opening with elastic bands when the glue has set run some sillicon along the edges.
lift it out ..done tidy to taste

Cut hole for cam or block up higher with layers of correx .

Very light stiff will not break or shatter and with some vibration absorbing qualities

Regards JEFF
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Last edited by Upup; Mar 25, 2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:15 AM
musicians can fly?
Seattle, WA
Joined Nov 2007
154 Posts
Looks great Jeff, Thanks! Unfortunately, without any of the other FPV gear (ordered system from RangeVideo) its a moot point for me to make a camera platform until it shows up (presumably with my EZ pod at that point.

Crash9,

I guess I was mistaken about what gear Vova was out of stock on. He wrote me the other day to correct me that it was in fact the receivers that were out of stock (though I had been told in an earlier email TX/Rx's were out of stock and that's why it didn't ship). So...yeah. Guess I keep strapping the old Pentax optio w10 on the nose of the EZ and get more and more familiar with what I'll be seeing from the air when I DO get it all up and working for fpv.

Windy March Sunset in West Seattle (6 min 59 sec)

-Ross
wyldryce is offline Find More Posts by wyldryce
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:07 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
I did a little bit more testing w/ my 900MHz Tx. This time with some HS55 servos. They were hardly bothered by the Tx, even when it was placed in contact with it. The most I got was just a little bit of buzzing. And that only happened when the antenna was touching either the servo or the servo wire. It's interesting that the HS65, which is supposed to be a much higher quality servo, is pretty badly affected by 900MHz.

So I don't know. Maybe there's nothing wrong with the Tx, and it's just hit or miss with these servos. Crash, I think you were getting better results than I have been, but it's still a little inconclusive until we do a direct comparison. I'm thinking about just sticking it on the plane and flying it. I've got the copilot on it, so worst case, I loose signal and it just lands away from me. Not sure if it's going to work on the car or not though, since I can't really get any distance between the Tx and the servos.
Old Apr 04, 2008, 02:10 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1 Posts
Getting started.

Hey I don't know if this is the right thread to post this on, direct me elsewhere if it is not. I've been watching FPV videos all afternoon and I think I want to get into it. I'm pretty clueless about the whole thing. I need resources. Can anyone give me links to instructions, shops, tips? Anything you can tell me NOT to do before I go spend $1000?
CJPapetti is offline Find More Posts by CJPapetti
Old Apr 04, 2008, 02:51 PM
United States, RI, Cumberland
Joined Mar 2008
249 Posts
look around the main page and your goin to find alot of information. fpvvideos.com has alot of info .as far as stores goes i have dealt with rangevideo.com and futurehobbies.com and have had good luck so you can check it out
Qnzkrew is offline Find More Posts by Qnzkrew
Old Apr 04, 2008, 03:00 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJPapetti
Hey I don't know if this is the right thread to post this on, direct me elsewhere if it is not. I've been watching FPV videos all afternoon and I think I want to get into it. I'm pretty clueless about the whole thing. I need resources. Can anyone give me links to instructions, shops, tips? Anything you can tell me NOT to do before I go spend $1000?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=119473

www.fpvvideo.com
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Apr 04, 2008, 07:34 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Humm looks like we reeled in another fish with this FPV stuff...
Old Apr 05, 2008, 12:55 AM
Cameras are EVERYWHERE...
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2008
1,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash9
Humm looks like we reeled in another fish with this FPV stuff...
It's a hook that really hard not to bite on.
20 years ago I was trying to figure out a way to fly FPV without spending more than $3000 on the video gear, knowing that I would have to cannibalize all sorts of stuf just to make it work. And it would have looked like .
Now I jump into the fray and find out that lots of guys are doing it. Like I always say, it's a great time to be alive.
tvdude310 is offline Find More Posts by tvdude310