HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:17 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Nothing changed since yesterday. I don't get it. It was fine yesterday, horrible this evening. I tried it again a few minutes ago, and it's actually workable. I've got it on my RC car, so I took it out and drove it up/down the street for a few minutes before it started raining. It's not as good as it was yesterday, but much better than earlier today. What gives?!?!?!

BTW, that's an awesome looking truck!!
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:18 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Geez. I shoulda known it couldn't be THAT easy. Powered it up today, and I'm back where I was at. Major glitching and distortion in the servos. It doesn't seem to be consistent either. Sometimes I'll power it up and it's better than other times. This thing is really getting on my nerves now.
Ahhh looks like your TX is misbehaving and playing games with you Brian. THEY NEVER DO THAT TO ME!! I always let them know who's boss!
Tapping of the TX (2 min 50 sec)
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:59 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
I shoulda known... A hammer fixes EVERYTHING!!!
Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:59 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Wow Stang, now I'm lost also. You've done everything I would of tried like moving the TX further then closer. Let me tell you a story about a 900tx I got from Super Circuits awhile back. It had some strang issues like yours and I would tap on the cover and it would change channels from 1 to 2 and sometimes caught between (side-band). Since the Super Circuits TX is the same as RV's 900tx I would suspect you got a bad one like I did. It took me a couple of weeks to finally give in and send it back for replacement which they did. Now no problems with the replacement and looking in at the PCB you can see it not as clean as a newer 2.4ghz TX. Mine had a date of 10/07 and the replacement is 12/07 if that helps because you never know if they had a bad run that month.
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Mar 11, 2008, 01:04 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Gee, look at that. Mine was maufactured in 10/2007 also!

Hmm... It seems to be working better now. Have no idea why. Just 'cause I guess. This thing has more mood swings than my wife! (and she's pregnant too!)

I think I'm going to contact Vova, and see what he'll do about it. Thanks Crash. Looks like I got a bumm transmitter.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 01:13 AM
FPV Pilot
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
I also have another 900 TX/RX system on the way from rv since the price is right . Should be here in a couple of days and I can do the same test as you and see how it comes out if your still having issues . No hammer in my test though . BTW I have mostly Hitec servos and someday I'll start to upgrade .
Old Mar 11, 2008, 03:14 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Gee, look at that. Mine was maufactured in 10/2007 also!

Hmm... It seems to be working better now. Have no idea why. Just 'cause I guess. This thing has more mood swings than my wife! (and she's pregnant too!)

I think I'm going to contact Vova, and see what he'll do about it. Thanks Crash. Looks like I got a bumm transmitter.
Hey Brian.. congrats on the new kid! Now you need to trade in your Ford Excursion for something bigger! just joking buddy!
Old Mar 11, 2008, 09:22 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Thanks! This will make FOUR!! OMG.

Expedition actually. Although I'm getting closer and closer to having to really think about that dreaded word.... MINIVAN.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:13 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Although I'm getting closer and closer to having to really think about that dreaded word.... MINIVAN.
Noooooo don't go there Brian!!! .....
Old Mar 11, 2008, 09:04 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
I agree a minivan will suck the cool right outta'ya
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:22 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Haha. Thanks guys. The problem is it's going to be difficult to get everybody in there. They will fit, but I'll have to fold down the back seat each time to let one of the kids into the third row. I imagine that's going to get old real quick. We're going to have two kids in car seats (brand new lol, and 19 months), and the two bigger ones (aka: the cat and dog - yes they fight all the time!) that are 6 and 9.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 02:49 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Hmm a ssstretched Toyota Yaris hatchback is what you need! They never have those pesky alignment problems and they have a rear hatch that pops open and dumps the pets with ease... err do they make that yet? I think they have a special on this week.. every Yaris comes with a Hello Kitty key chain!
Old Mar 12, 2008, 06:54 AM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,275 Posts
I'll admit it...I have a Toyota Sienna minivan...all the coolness has now been sucked away from my persona.

On a positive note: I can put my 6' Telemaster in the back of the Sienna without taking the wing off with the back row folded down and the wing sticking between the middle row seats and the tail up in the air. I've gone to the flying field with the Telemaster (fully assembled), Mini Ultra Stick (fully assembled), Stryker, and all related RC and FPV gear stashed in the back, while still having available seats for me, my wife, and two kids.

Of course, gas prices just shot up again so a smaller car certainly would save some money in gas!
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:04 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Maybe I'll just get one of these: http://www.smartusa.com/smart-fortwo-passion.aspx Think I'll have enough room??
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:27 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Maybe I'll just get one of these: http://www.smartusa.com/smart-fortwo-passion.aspx Think I'll have enough room??
Well that is borderline coolness since it's a Mercedes product. But again... it's needs to be in a chop shop where they can stretch it out for you and your payload. BTW... cool mags!