HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2010, 12:01 AM
Flying FPV from the lab.
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jun 2008
2,090 Posts
"Un-Caged." Loose into the Night (4 min 29 sec)

New video
Not the best, but slightly entertaining. At least the nasty crash into the garbage can was.

Night driving - the cam is in night mode black and white. Its claimed 0.01 lux. Its good.
aaron_gx is offline Find More Posts by aaron_gx
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:25 AM
Joined Aug 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_gx View Post
http://www.vimeo.com/14329362
New video
Not the best, but slightly entertaining. At least the nasty crash into the garbage can was.

Night driving - the cam is in night mode black and white. Its claimed 0.01 lux. Its good.

Good vid , your cam work good by night !!!!
Banzee is offline Find More Posts by Banzee
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:14 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,990 Posts
Aaron,

Which camera is that? Also, how is the PCM receiver working?
Still amazed at the video quality you get going through that area. I don't get anything close right now.
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2010, 12:22 PM
Flying FPV from the lab.
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jun 2008
2,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyfatboy View Post
Aaron,

Which camera is that? Also, how is the PCM receiver working?
Still amazed at the video quality you get going through that area. I don't get anything close right now.
This is the camera:
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...a-0.01Lux.html
Not bad at all for the money - very sharp picture during the daytime.

The PCM reciever is working well! Still playing with antenna lengths to squeeze the most range out of it, but so far its smooth and problem free 3x the distance of my R168DF, but not quite as far as the Berg7P. I feel it will match or surpass the berg once I get the antenna tuned just right.

I say nothing but bad things about the berg7p, but it just has great range! Its a single conversion, and the only real problem i have with it is when you get to your range limit, if you wait more than 30seconds before regaining range, the reciever will stop looking for a signal and stay in failsafe. (walk to pick your truck up)

What video transmitter are you using? I've got the 800mw sunsky unit, and was using both stock antennas for this run. I have a patch for the reciever, but it doesnt work well for running around the block. Im using 1280mhz, since thats the clearest channel on the reciever.
Last edited by aaron_gx; Aug 22, 2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 02:10 PM
Joined May 2005
1,183 Posts
FPV Willy`s soon ready for a spin..

Her is my little FPV car soon ready for a spin

It`s a mini losi 16th scale 4wd

Here is a little video I took to show the difference with Gyro and without a gyro:

FPV Car with gyro (0 min 30 sec)
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Aug 22, 2010, 02:17 PM
Joined Aug 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
This is the camera:
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...a-0.01Lux.html
Not bad at all for the money - very sharp picture during the daytime.

The PCM reciever is working well! Still playing with antenna lengths to squeeze the most range out of it, but so far its smooth and problem free 3x the distance of my R168DF, but not quite as far as the Berg7P. I feel it will match or surpass the berg once I get the antenna tuned just right.

I say nothing but bad things about the berg7p, but it just has great range! Its a single conversion, and the only real problem i have with it is when you get to your range limit, if you wait more than 30seconds before regaining range, the reciever will stop looking for a signal and stay in failsafe. (walk to pick your truck up)

What video transmitter are you using? I've got the 800mw sunsky unit, and was using both stock antennas for this run. I have a patch for the reciever, but it doesnt work well for running around the block. Im using 1280mhz, since thats the clearest channel on the reciever.
do you got the audio on it ???
Old Aug 22, 2010, 02:27 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,471 Posts
.....that gyro is helpful, because your car is smaller and
bound to be tossed around more...
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Aug 22, 2010, 02:30 PM
Flying FPV from the lab.
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jun 2008
2,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzee View Post
do you got the audio on it ???
You can hear my truck in the video - yes, I added a microphone and it works really good. I think the audio - especially when you're hot rodding the motor sounds awesome.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 07:07 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,990 Posts
Quote:
You can hear my truck in the video - yes, I added a microphone and it works really good. I think the audio - especially when you're hot rodding the motor sounds awesome.
Man, you have everything going for you! What mic are you using and how did you get it to work? I have tried the Radio Shack 3 wire mic using many different resistors and just can't get much sound at all. I can barely pick up a little sound if it's turned up a lot but then the video drop outs are really loud so I have decided sound isn't worth it for the trouble to get it to work so far. Any hints would be great!
Yes, I'm using the same Fox 800mW unit on channel 8 or 9 and am having problems. I haven't run it for a while but need to get the vTx mounted on some tape instead of using zipties. I think that will help out quite a bit.
Well, I think I'll hold onto one of my other receivers then. I was thinking of selling both PCM receivers I had to help fund an R319 but I may just sell one instead so I can keep it for the ground and not use such an expensive R319. Glad to know it's working well! You'll have to let me know what the final antenna length is you used.
I'll get videos up one of these days.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2010, 07:19 PM
USA, OK, Collinsville
Joined Oct 2005
178 Posts
Mic

healthyfatboy,

try this mic...I use it and it works great..and you cant beat the CS...

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...9&cat=0&page=1
JSTFISH is offline Find More Posts by JSTFISH
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:26 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,990 Posts
Man, I was hoping to just DIY and save a little if I could ever get this thing to work. I may go ahead and try this but we'll see.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:28 PM
USA, OK, Collinsville
Joined Oct 2005
178 Posts
RPV 1/6 OHP Highway Patrol Cruiser

Starting a new (my second) build

1:6 New Bright Body
SCX-10 drive train
TCS 1" wideners
Flashing LED's Red/Blue- remotely activated along with siren
12V Siren http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/policesiren.html
Motorola 2-way radio installed
Installed RPV Camera with on-board wireless video downlink (can be remotely driven from TV Moniter)

and I am sure...will have lots of questions...

Feel free to jump in with suggestions or helpful tips...
Pics from the full size project.
JSTFISH is offline Find More Posts by JSTFISH
Old Aug 22, 2010, 09:09 PM
Joined Aug 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Yes i heard the sound of the motor, but like u said , u used a separate mic to got sound !!! it not come from the cam !!!!
Old Aug 22, 2010, 09:39 PM
Flying FPV from the lab.
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jun 2008
2,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyfatboy View Post
Man, you have everything going for you! What mic are you using and how did you get it to work? I have tried the Radio Shack 3 wire mic using many different resistors and just can't get much sound at all. I can barely pick up a little sound if it's turned up a lot but then the video drop outs are really loud so I have decided sound isn't worth it for the trouble to get it to work so far. Any hints would be great!
Yes, I'm using the same Fox 800mW unit on channel 8 or 9 and am having problems. I haven't run it for a while but need to get the vTx mounted on some tape instead of using zipties. I think that will help out quite a bit.
Well, I think I'll hold onto one of my other receivers then. I was thinking of selling both PCM receivers I had to help fund an R319 but I may just sell one instead so I can keep it for the ground and not use such an expensive R319. Glad to know it's working well! You'll have to let me know what the final antenna length is you used.
I'll get videos up one of these days.
This is the exact mic i have in all my planes/summit. They work pretty good for the cost. Very tiny, and just requires +12v, gnd and audio signal. Very low power draw.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/MICRO-SPY-MINI-MI...#ht_2182wt_930

I am not sure whats going on with your transmitter, maybe the tx is faulty or the wire is falling off/shorting to ground for audio inside the unit. I just hooked mine up and it worked. However, this was the second transmitter, I had to return the first one because it started hopping channels by itself after it warmed up.

Right now I've got the antenna on the 138DP at 68", and removed the baseloaded unit. Seems like its doing good, but I havent played around in an open field yet, just around my neighborhood.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:24 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,990 Posts
Keep us updated when you get the right length worked out. How do you have the antenna routed with it that long?
RCG Plus Member