773 Posts
lol that woulld be nice
damian123 is offline Find More Posts by damian123
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2008, 10:18 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,369 Posts
Here's another video. Looks like I need to move the camera off the body and onto the frame itself. A bit to much vibration coming from the body. The servo I was using stripped so I'll have to pick a new one up tomorrow. For now here's the video...

http://www.vimeo.com/602401

Once again it has some interference in it caused by the Wireless AP behind me. I'll have to remember to unplug it next time..

Oh and mental note.. I need to put the RIGHT software on my controller.
typicalaimster is online now Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:46 PM
UNREGISTERED USER :)
New York
Joined Apr 2007
773 Posts
cool video! Yeah you do have a little vibrations there.. lol I couldn't figure out why I was getting so many interfirances.. wifi.. BTW when I was riding my car I almost got runover by a real one! That was the last time I did it on the street. From then I went to a nearby parking lot.
damian123 is offline Find More Posts by damian123
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:55 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
I made a deal with my LHS for a E-maxx that's been on display for a year and never run. The radio was missing so after the new E-maxx's came in I worked out a deal for the display . I made a t6 aluminum frame for it that also doubles as a frame saver/stiffiner . Today I got everything mounted and went for a short run around the house before it got to dark (no flash lites yet and I need the new I.F.s cam ). This thing is a Tank and goes just about anywhere. I really love the 2 speed tranny and low gears. It's not as sporty as my RC/10 truck but does have some get up & go for how big it is . I let my 8 year old drive the RC/10 truck around while I took the new 4X for a spin and having someone to race around with takes FPV driving up to a Whole Nother Level .
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Jan 13, 2008, 01:52 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Well, where's the video??!?! Sheesh!
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:40 PM
Ridgeway, Co.
Joined Dec 2007
132 Posts
What no video Crash? 2 FPV cars racing around sounds like fun. I think Year1camero has the right idea with the two 4x4s on a off road run.
FPVpilot is offline Find More Posts by FPVpilot
Old Jan 13, 2008, 01:32 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,369 Posts
Blah after the indoor fun fly this weekend, I think I'm going to put the FPV car up. It's cool and all, but the vibration!! Then again I think that's the nature of the beast with an onroad car.
typicalaimster is online now Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Jan 13, 2008, 04:04 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Crash seems to have the vibration stuff figured out. And that's over rough terrain too!
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:03 PM
RPV of DOOM
Joined Dec 2007
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Crash seems to have the vibration stuff figured out. And that's over rough terrain too!
yaya I here that! I don't think I get much vibration either, I wish I could get the video more stable, but it'll come. Anywho it's just to much fun to stop. I got all my mixes done on my Polk, the front steer and the pan servo are mixed which makes it much easier to drive faster. I also have another switch programmed to make the rear steer work with the front at 35%, which also helps to free up fingers during operation. So here is my first recorded FPV from the Hummer,, hope u guys enjoy!

FPV EMAXX Hummer ft. Bogart (4 min 28 sec)
year1camaro is offline Find More Posts by year1camaro
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:01 PM
RPV of DOOM
Joined Dec 2007
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVpilot
What no video Crash? 2 FPV cars racing around sounds like fun. I think Year1camero has the right idea with the two 4x4s on a off road run.
Me and a friend started by puttin 2mw cameras on our 2.2 crawlers right next to the house where my rock crawling wall is (cause that's about all the range we had from in the house). Here it is a year later and we are goin well over 200yards through the woods! Video isn't perfect but it is working well considering the obsticals and no line of sight at all really. 2.4GHZ is absorbed by all the green stuff in the woods too,,(maybe we should've gone 900mhz?) we're still learning.
Your right about two people at once, it adds another element.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:08 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2007
1,207 Posts
year1camaro, i think you need to was the windows in that hummer hehehe.. Fantastic view though!
Mark Harris is offline Find More Posts by Mark Harris
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:08 PM
Warrenton, VA
Joined Dec 2002
374 Posts
[QUOTE=year1camaro] So here is my first recorded FPV from the Hummer,, hope u guys enjoy!

Love the other crawler coming over the hill and into view and then looking all around. Great stuff. Like a science fiction movie. You get a little more dramatic music and some chasing of the cat and I think you'll be up for a video award.
Va-PFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Va-PFlyer
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:39 PM
RPV of DOOM
Joined Dec 2007
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Harris
year1camaro, i think you need to was the windows in that hummer hehehe.. Fantastic view though!
Thanks! Here is a picture from google earth. The red circle is my house. The yellow lines are the log trails we follow away from the house and all in between. The purple line is the river, we made it down once but my partner walked down next to it in case we lost range. We didn't but it was a little sketchy Could have lost signal at any moment so we are looking into amps for the transmitters. For video we already have repeaters in the works and that are tested and work good. Just need to order another setup and enclosurs.

Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:54 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Nice property, looks like a good place for driving and flying over.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:56 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Soft suspension, big poofy tires and weight even on-road .