Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 30, 2008, 08:40 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asw20rr
After being down for several weeks, followed by additional work and weather delays, I took the little Compy outside this morning. It was flying SWEET!!!

Now what I really need to do is to figure out some way to align all my different batteries so I don't constantly have to trim for changes in CG since I am using 3 different types of packs. Also need to paint another canopy so I can be flying with style. My last crash the M24's just shredded the canopy.

- Doug
Wtg Doug !! I'm using to different sizes--LM 3S 1300 and CSRC 1650. For the heavier packs, I push it back to where the side braces attach over front skid support. For the 1300, I put a mark on the lipo shelf...at the front.
M-24s did the same thing to mine when they tried knocking a 60 gallon trash can over

-Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2008, 08:48 PM
United States, LA, Oak Grove
Joined Oct 2006
381 Posts
i need some help with my king fp every time i get ready to land i throttle back and my heli start this toilet bowl effect then throttle back up to get in a hover and it stops.
can someone tell me what i might be doing wrong
stutts121472 is online now Find More Posts by stutts121472
Old May 30, 2008, 08:59 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelasso
Let me reassure you...it's been this way since 2/21 and it's not gonna come loose until I want it too....and even then, gonna need to persuade it !

-Dave
It will stay till you want to remove it. That is a pan head phillips self tapping screw and as long as the pilot hole is the right diameter for the fastener you are good..
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old May 30, 2008, 09:03 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Hey Compy guys... I was thinking.. I am in love with my HBFP... and now getting a Blade 400 3D... with the 6DXi radio. How much and I looking at to getting a Compy FP now that I have the radio? Would love to replace my banged up (from learning) HB with it.

(thinking on a budget here.. not the GY401 for example.. isn't that around $200!)

I would need a receiver as well..

Ball park figure?
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Last edited by Slyster; May 30, 2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old May 30, 2008, 09:43 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,749 Posts
My Compy grounded for a while...

Just my luck...I am going to be home most of next week with the kids out of school. Would have been good time to get well acquainted with the Compy...

If some of you remembered, I posted a general question on the "Micro Helis" forum about using 11.1V and Deans for the first time and how it sparks everytime I get the connector close together to connect it. Well, the spark was high enough to short out the no-name 15A ESC. A bright flash of light and then smoke from the ESC. I'm not even going to attempt to connect it to see if it works. Just hope that it didn't fry any of my other electronics...

I was about to entertain everyone here with vids from my just completed hat cam too.

Since I have a HobbyWing ESC Programming Card, I guess I'll stick with that brand. Is there anything bad if I were to get an oversized 30A for this Compy use? If that sparking is normal as many who replied to my post said then higher amp ESC would lessen the chance of shorting from the instantaneous connection right? As long as that 30A doesn't shorten my flight time any then I'm happy.

In any case, this is off topic slightly but I'll entertain you all with the HBFP that I warmed up on. This skill level is all I want to attain...no 3d in my future. So how's my figure 8s?

HBFP figure 8s (1 min 46 sec)
dude_109 is online now Find More Posts by dude_109
Old May 30, 2008, 10:02 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
just get a Pentium 18A from Hobbywing.. that's what I fly and they fit nicely right behind the 2 battery braces =D
perfect for this application

very tiny spark when i connect that's it.
USNAviationjay is offline Find More Posts by USNAviationjay
Old May 30, 2008, 10:03 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109
Just my luck...I am going to be home most of next week with the kids out of school. Would have been good time to get well acquainted with the Compy...

If some of you remembered, I posted a general question on the "Micro Helis" forum about using 11.1V and Deans for the first time and how it sparks everytime I get the connector close together to connect it. Well, the spark was high enough to short out the no-name 15A ESC. A bright flash of light and then smoke from the ESC. I'm not even going to attempt to connect it to see if it works. Just hope that it didn't fry any of my other electronics...

I was about to entertain everyone here with vids from my just completed hat cam too.

Since I have a HobbyWing ESC Programming Card, I guess I'll stick with that brand. Is there anything bad if I were to get an oversized 30A for this Compy use? If that sparking is normal as many who replied to my post said then higher amp ESC would lessen the chance of shorting from the instantaneous connection right? As long as that 30A doesn't shorten my flight time any then I'm happy.

In any case, this is off topic slightly but I'll entertain you all with the HBFP that I warmed up on. This skill level is all I want to attain...no 3d in my future. So how's my figure 8s?
Excellent figure 8s man ! You're progressing well Lightflight has a nice 20A ESC for $17.45.

-Dave
Old May 30, 2008, 10:07 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelasso
Excellent figure 8s man ! You're progressing well Lightflight has a nice 20A ESC for $17.45.

-Dave
yah but he wants to use his HW programmer card
Old May 30, 2008, 10:15 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,749 Posts
I get a decent spark...and I don't like dealing with electricity that much. I wonder if its from the Deans. I got the male Deans from Towers. It fits nicely with the female Deans in that set. However, I have to push it quite a bit to get it inside the female Deans that came with the GForce lipo. I hear there a low quality knock-off Deans that don't perform that well.

I'll entertain other brands of ESC if some one has experience that the HobbyWing Programmer Card will be compatible with. The card wasn't compatible with this now burnt out ESC.
Old May 30, 2008, 10:19 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster
How much and I looking at to getting a Compy FP now that I have the radio? Would love to replace my banged up (from learning) HB with it.

I would need a receiver as well..

Ball park figure?

Check my post from May 25 or so. Not counting TX/RX and Lipo, my deluxe Compy came to about $200 to get airborne.
Old May 30, 2008, 10:20 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
I love my HobbyWing Pentium 18A perfect size for a 300 was in my king2 as well actually.
Old May 30, 2008, 10:20 PM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2007
195 Posts
Quote:
So how's my figure 8s?
I'd say it looks pretty darn nice! Since when have you been flying?
Shogo is offline Find More Posts by Shogo
Old May 30, 2008, 10:24 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Check my post from May 25 or so. Not counting TX/RX and Lipo, my deluxe Compy came to about $200 to get airborne.
i'd say a tad higher mine was @ 300 without the Xtreme head.

4 TowerPro Servos 25 bucks
1 Telebee 50 bucks
1 kit 100 bucks
1 ARC 130 37 bucks
1 ESC 20 bucks
1 AR6100 55 bucks

287 no shipping included.

Add in some Lipos some spare parts and some blades and other stuff and its easily closer to 400
Old May 30, 2008, 10:42 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogo
I'd say it looks pretty darn nice! Since when have you been flying?
LamaV3 from Xmas thru Feb. HBFP starting in March to now...3 months with about 10 packs/week. CompyFP as of last week.

There was light puffs of wind weaving between the trees as well as listening intensely for cars approaching from around the curve else my early morning flights are even better controlled. I tear it up at the local park. Good thing is that I've gotten where I want to be, even if I ever get to 450s, I just want to do this type of flying, except with even greater precision of course. Bad thing is...am I going to get bored and quit this hobby? I'm not into 3D but just love the gracefulness of the heli passing back and forth.
Old May 30, 2008, 11:01 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
LamaV3 from Xmas thru Feb. HBFP starting in March to now...3 months with about 10 packs/week. CompyFP as of last week.

There was light puffs of wind weaving between the trees as well as listening intensely for cars approaching from around the curve else my early morning flights are even better controlled. I tear it up at the local park. Good thing is that I've gotten where I want to be, even if I ever get to 450s, I just want to do this type of flying, except with even greater precision of course. Bad thing is...am I going to get bored and quit this hobby? I'm not into 3D but just love the gracefulness of the heli passing back and forth.
Tried planes ? I started with a HBCP 2 in December of '06 and I'm not bored yet. Compy CP was next...followed by a MX-400, then HDX 500 SAH http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728980 Now own 3 planes....Taylorcraft 450, Acromaster and newly acquired Extra Stiffy

-Dave