SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 30, 2008, 12:52 PM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2007
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KABAL99
here it is
Kabal, nice looking setup. With the reciever so close to both the motor and ESC, do you experience any interference symptoms?

Anton.
Shogo is offline Find More Posts by Shogo
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2008, 12:52 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,779 Posts
Is the general Compy CP frame the same as the FP? I'm mainly asking about mounting the motor with pinion pointing up as opposed to down. I don't like motor pointing down as I have servo wire, etc...passing near the spinning motor.

That and lower c.g. for more pendulum effect and vertical stability. My Compy is banking too much for my scale flying desires.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old May 30, 2008, 01:28 PM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KABAL99
Not at all a Compy of course
with my own mods of the frame to give it better COG and look
what head are you using?
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Old May 30, 2008, 01:45 PM
FRANCE
Joined Dec 2004
1,545 Posts
SHOGO, DUDE 109 AND MAARSET
no glitch at all because i use a BERG 7P rx and it is very efficient (moreover on my first plastic CP Compy frame the rx was closer than now.....)
The FP fiber glass frame is the same but you just need one sevo more
the head i am using is the Compy CP head (an upgraded HBCP2 head with ball bearings) wich was the first head of the Compy when it came on the market 1,5 year ago
KABAL99 is offline Find More Posts by KABAL99
Old May 30, 2008, 04:00 PM
USA, Eastern Ohio
Joined Jan 2005
976 Posts
I see today that my belt seems to be out of alignment. I'm getting some belt material wearing off. Anyone else run into this and how did you fix it? Looks like the belt drive is sitting too low compared to the belt guides.
Thanks
Tag1260 is offline Find More Posts by Tag1260
Old May 30, 2008, 04:25 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogo
Kabal, nice looking setup. With the reciever so close to both the motor and ESC, do you experience any interference symptoms?

Anton.

To me, that looks like a super clean electronics setup and if it glitched like that, my micro wouldnt stand a chance of not glitching.
On my JR Parkmite, it works fine even with the CC25 esc foam taped to the receiver and the motor wire connection velcroed on top of that.
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old May 30, 2008, 05:09 PM
FRANCE
Joined Dec 2004
1,545 Posts
thx jamesppp
yes it work well if you do not have bad rx
KABAL99 is offline Find More Posts by KABAL99
Old May 30, 2008, 06:51 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109
Getting a servo out of that fiber frame without taking everything apart is no easy feat. took about 45 minutes with all kinds of tiny tools to make it happen.
For everybody that are worried about replacing/repairing the elevator servo on Compy FP-BD, here's a little tip AND timesaver Mount it on the OUTSIDE of the frame and use a long screw to hold it in place ! I've been meaning to point this out for along time now...matter of fact, since I built mine...this is the way it's been from the beginning.
Ohhh....you'll need to drill a 1/16th hole into the plastic block that holds the main shaft bearing...top and bottom. The screw is the 'wood' type...have no idea where I got them from ? Maybe with servos.
Hope this helps !!

-Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old May 30, 2008, 06:54 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109
I use a HBFP/HBK2 canopy on mine. For the HBFP canopy, you might have to move the grommet location further back. I had moved that grommet back to fit when I changed by HBFP set up to use HBK2 battery tray and skids.

I flew my fixed Compy this morning with 110mm flybar (half of stock). Cyclic response not as fast as before but I'm used to this mushiness from the HBFP so no big deal. I actually like shorter flybar from experience with HBFP as it is less prone to breaking in crashes and tip-overs.

I'm eyeing Blade canopies too just to have different looks on the Compy. Is the canopy on Blade CP, Blade CP Pro, and Blade 400 all the same size? They're twice as expensive as HBFP and HBK2 canopies so don't know if its worth it.
Blade 400 canopy is larger...ALOT larger
Old May 30, 2008, 07:13 PM
Real wings, RC rotors
Colorado
Joined Oct 2007
646 Posts
Compy happiness

After being down for several weeks, followed by additional work and weather delays, I took the little Compy outside this morning. It was flying SWEET!!!

Now what I really need to do is to figure out some way to align all my different batteries so I don't constantly have to trim for changes in CG since I am using 3 different types of packs. Also need to paint another canopy so I can be flying with style. My last crash the M24's just shredded the canopy.

- Doug
asw20rr is offline Find More Posts by asw20rr
Old May 30, 2008, 07:24 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelasso
For everybody that are worried about replacing/repairing the elevator servo on Compy FP-BD, here's a little tip AND timesaver Mount it on the OUTSIDE of the frame and use a long screw to hold it in place ! I've been meaning to point this out for along time now...matter of fact, since I built mine...this is the way it's been from the beginning.
Ohhh....you'll need to drill a 1/16th hole into the plastic block that holds the main shaft bearing...top and bottom. The screw is the 'wood' type...have no idea where I got them from ? Maybe with servos.
Hope this helps !!

-Dave
Hmm id worry too much about that working loose..
Ive got locktited nuts on mine.

yah its gonna be a bitch to change but hopefully will be a long time =P
USNAviationjay is offline Find More Posts by USNAviationjay
Old May 30, 2008, 08:06 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
wohooo just had a skill breakthrouh =P

I finally did more than just hovering and sending it slow forward flight then coming backward back to me..
was finally able to fly a large FF circuit =D

nose in and all. =D

the Compy is really stable and its helping me I think alot =D
USNAviationjay is offline Find More Posts by USNAviationjay
Old May 30, 2008, 08:13 PM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,366 Posts
I use a 800 mah and attach lead to it.
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Old May 30, 2008, 08:20 PM
Fly Ubuntu!
The Valley, CT
Joined Feb 2008
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAviationjay
I'd be tempted to sell my Freestyle FP =D which is a simpler version of the Compy basically =D
I've actually seen the Freestyle and wondered about them. I am going on vacation tomorrow, so I don't exactly have cash for a new heli, but just for the sake of argument, what might you ask for it?
broggyr is offline Find More Posts by broggyr
Old May 30, 2008, 09:35 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAviationjay
Hmm id worry too much about that working loose..
Ive got locktited nuts on mine.

yah its gonna be a bitch to change but hopefully will be a long time =P
Let me reassure you...it's been this way since 2/21 and it's not gonna come loose until I want it too....and even then, gonna need to persuade it !

-Dave