HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2008, 10:22 PM
Fly Ubuntu!
The Valley, CT
Joined Feb 2008
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asw20rr
Availability of kits and parts has been an ongoing problem. Fortunately there are not too many parts that you cannot substitute either t-rex or hbfp parts. Albert at aero-fever.net usually will answer e-mail. You can just ask him when there will be stock again....
I actually had emailed him, and he is very prompt about replying (Thanks Albert!). A couple weeks ago, he mentioned something about a V2 coming out and that is the reason for the delay. He also said he was going to make a few FP kits available, but all I see is DD models (I want a belt!)
broggyr is offline Find More Posts by broggyr
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2008, 10:40 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
I do have a off the wall question.

Are there any other canopies other than the compy one that fits well?

I tried a King2 and it doesnt fit at all.
the compy one on mine is a bit malformed it seems and is really crooked even when mounted using the factory hole positions.

I take it Rex canopies are too big and heavy.

what else is there?
USNAviationjay is online now Find More Posts by USNAviationjay
Old May 29, 2008, 11:04 PM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAviationjay
I do have a off the wall question.

Are there any other canopies other than the compy one that fits well?

I tried a King2 and it doesnt fit at all.
the compy one on mine is a bit malformed it seems and is really crooked even when mounted using the factory hole positions.

I take it Rex canopies are too big and heavy.

what else is there?
The Blade cp canopy, the Esky cp2 and fp2 canopies should all fit well.
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Old May 29, 2008, 11:08 PM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogo
The stock ones are 8 degrees, but would be nice to have 5 or 6 degrees to get the speed a bit higher like with M24s.

Here you go 6.5 degrees
http://www.aero-fever.net/product_in...513f19292749fc
Old May 29, 2008, 11:12 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,755 Posts
First broken piece on my Compy today. The darn pitch servo must have gone bad from all of that slipping out of the anti-rotation bracket. The servo arm, on its own, would sometimes move to near max up or max down as a new neutral point. I noticed this several times right before a flight and had to remove the arm from the servo and re-seat it for 90degrees configuration. I guess it should have been a sign for me to take that servo out. Is that a type of signature of a stripped servo?

In any case, had a good quick flight up and down the street then was flying it up my driveway to the back door when all of the sudden, the heli pitched back. It was only 1 foot of the ground luckily. I threw fwd cyclic but only slowed it down a little. I cut throttle as the heli was about to make contact with the ground. It tipped over and broke the flybar. Luckily that was it...minor part.

Getting a servo out of that fiber frame without taking everything apart is no easy feat. took about 45 minutes with all kinds of tiny tools to make it happen.

I also redid the wiring in case the ESC was messing with the 72mhz RX and wires somehow.

More test flights tomorrow with a new trusty Esky servo...
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old May 29, 2008, 11:13 PM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckolit
Try this link
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3864

It's for a cnc metal idler belt guides. Tried it and has worked out well so far. You will need to use your original bolts as the ones provided are too short.
There are these now too.
http://www.heli-fever.com/product_in...roducts_id=740
Old May 30, 2008, 12:27 AM
FRANCE
Joined Dec 2004
1,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBennett
The Compy CP thread seems to have just about died - I guess that most (like mine) were converted to FP a long time ago...

BTW, what the optimum blade angle? I keep meaning to have a go at making some...
not dead but i think all has been said about it and people just enjoy it .Perhaps people prefer a FP because of the simplicity of the head (like i will do when my next CP heli will be here)
but mine is still flying very well
KABAL99 is offline Find More Posts by KABAL99
Old May 30, 2008, 12:43 AM
FRANCE
Joined Dec 2004
1,545 Posts
here it is
KABAL99 is offline Find More Posts by KABAL99
Old May 30, 2008, 05:03 AM
USA, Eastern Ohio
Joined Jan 2005
975 Posts
I've got a King 2 canopy on mine.
Tag1260 is offline Find More Posts by Tag1260
Old May 30, 2008, 08:10 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard
i got a set of those with my King2 Fiber body.....i'm going to put them on the Compy....
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old May 30, 2008, 08:28 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard
The Blade cp canopy, the Esky cp2 and fp2 canopies should all fit well.
Actually, the blade cp is too small Esky will fit, but very narrow and canopy mounts *night* need to be moved forward. When I cracked my compy canopy, I tried to find an alternative.

-Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old May 30, 2008, 09:19 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,755 Posts
I use a HBFP/HBK2 canopy on mine. For the HBFP canopy, you might have to move the grommet location further back. I had moved that grommet back to fit when I changed by HBFP set up to use HBK2 battery tray and skids.

I flew my fixed Compy this morning with 110mm flybar (half of stock). Cyclic response not as fast as before but I'm used to this mushiness from the HBFP so no big deal. I actually like shorter flybar from experience with HBFP as it is less prone to breaking in crashes and tip-overs.

I'm eyeing Blade canopies too just to have different looks on the Compy. Is the canopy on Blade CP, Blade CP Pro, and Blade 400 all the same size? They're twice as expensive as HBFP and HBK2 canopies so don't know if its worth it.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Last edited by dude_109; May 30, 2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old May 30, 2008, 11:03 AM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109
I use a HBFP/HBK2 canopy on mine. For the HBFP canopy, you might have to move the grommet location further back. I had moved that grommet back to fit when I changed by HBFP set up to use HBK2 battery tray and skids.

I flew my fixed Compy this morning with 11mm flybar (half of stock). Cyclic response not as fast as before but I'm used to this mushiness from the HBFP so no big deal. I actually like shorter flybar from experience with HBFP as it is less prone to breaking in crashes and tip-overs.

I'm eyeing Blade canopies too just to have different looks on the Compy. Is the canopy on Blade CP, Blade CP Pro, and Blade 400 all the same size? They're twice as expensive as HBFP and HBK2 canopies so don't know if its worth it.
its worth it as you can get most of those local =D

I'd like to know too
I really spent some time on my compy canopy but it looks goofy on it all crooked.

I can get the king2 canopy on with no batt but it doesnt want to go on with my batts installed.
USNAviationjay is online now Find More Posts by USNAviationjay
Old May 30, 2008, 11:18 AM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KABAL99
here it is
is that a maxir?
maarset is online now Find More Posts by maarset
Old May 30, 2008, 11:37 AM