HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2008, 01:25 PM
Fremont, CA
Joined Jul 2007
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdengr
I agree. I flew three packs this AM and was amazed at how well the tail holds, even with the Esky rate gyro I'm using. (Much, much better tail control than my King 2.) The cyclic is also very responsive, and the amount of power is impressive. I think I can get 9 or 10 minutes from a 1250 10C pack, though I only flew for 8 today. All in all, it flies pretty much like I was hoping it would!
Wouldn't agree more, and I'm glad you like it.

It flies better than I have expected. My HB FP flyies quite well with dd tail and cut down blades. However, the Compy FP is on another league. Don't know if I want to fly my HB FP anymore

Too bad, after flying 6 packes, the motor seized in mid air. Luckily, the only damage is the stripped main gear, and the motor. Waiting for parts again.

Will take some pic's and vid once it's on the air again.

- Thomas -
whto is offline Find More Posts by whto
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2008, 03:59 PM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,355 Posts
Hey whto

How much do you trim your stock HB Main blades down?
I put a DD tail on my HBFP and use a 3s lipo and taking
a half inch off each tip of the blade helped with stability TONS!

I'm hovering at half throttle so I think I could probably trim a little more eh?

What did you do?

Should I maybe try trimming a little of the trailing edge of the main blades?

Or maybe get some flat bottom wood blades or M24's? I like using the stock blades and modifying them
cause I'm still just getting into side hovering and learning nose in hovering.

Mike
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Old Jan 18, 2008, 04:53 PM
Fremont, CA
Joined Jul 2007
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset
Hey whto

How much do you trim your stock HB Main blades down?
I put a DD tail on my HBFP and use a 3s lipo and taking
a half inch off each tip of the blade helped with stability TONS!

I'm hovering at half throttle so I think I could probably trim a little more eh?

What did you do?

Should I maybe try trimming a little of the trailing edge of the main blades?

Or maybe get some flat bottom wood blades or M24's? I like using the stock blades and modifying them
cause I'm still just getting into side hovering and learning nose in hovering.

Mike

Mike,

Actually, my cut down blades are dynam 300 blades. They are heavier and stiffer than the stock blade. They flies better than stock w/o cutting.

I cut about an inch off from the tip, and I just following the contour of the original tip when cutting.

I haven't tried the M24 so can't comment on them. I did try the FP wood blades from heli-fever, and they flew very similar to the cut down blade. Tthe woodie are on my Compy FP.

Hope this help

- Thomas -
Old Jan 18, 2008, 05:00 PM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,355 Posts
Ah yes the Dynam 300's are good. I fly with those too. White ones. The latest stock FP blades I have been getting from BPhobbies have been as stiff as the dynam 300 blades.
I took a half an inch off my blades but I am going to do another half inch and see how that goes.

Thanks THomas
Old Jan 18, 2008, 05:04 PM
Fremont, CA
Joined Jul 2007
250 Posts
No problem.

- Thomas -
Old Jan 18, 2008, 07:50 PM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,355 Posts
I just got done flying a 10C 3s 800MAH pack on my stock HBFP with a inch taken off each main blade. Hovering just over half throttle. Thing flew like my Lama V3.
Just awesome. Was very comfortable turning the tail 90 degrees. Did a little forward flight inside. Very stable. Not sure if I even need M24's or woodies. They would be longer though. Any advantage to that?
Old Jan 18, 2008, 08:23 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Joined Apr 2007
1,413 Posts
Quote:
I agree. I flew three packs this AM and was amazed at how well the tail holds, even with the Esky rate gyro I'm using. (Much, much better tail control than my King 2.) The cyclic is also very responsive, and the amount of power is impressive. I think I can get 9 or 10 minutes from a 1250 10C pack, though I only flew for 8 today. All in all, it flies pretty much like I was hoping it would!
Hey ccd,

Did you find that you needed the tail pitch slider almost all the way over to one side to get the tail to hold while hovering? I was using the FP main blades though, so maybe I wasn't getting enough headspeed for the tail to hold properly. Would you mind posting a photo of your tail pitch slider and where it sits when you are powered up?
kt74 is offline Find More Posts by kt74
Old Jan 18, 2008, 08:47 PM
Fremont, CA
Joined Jul 2007
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset
I just got done flying a 10C 3s 800MAH pack on my stock HBFP with a inch taken off each main blade. Hovering just over half throttle. Thing flew like my Lama V3.
Just awesome. Was very comfortable turning the tail 90 degrees. Did a little forward flight inside. Very stable. Not sure if I even need M24's or woodies. They would be longer though. Any advantage to that?
That I can't really help. I'm not techincal enough to give you an answer as to whether running the longer woodies or M24's will be better or not.

Actually, there a quite a few discussions on using different blades in the Honey Bee FP Owner II thread. You might be able to get more info and help from that thread,

- Thomas -
Old Jan 18, 2008, 09:12 PM
The Rave.
Singapore Paya Lebar, Singapore
Joined Aug 2003
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt74
My Compy came today!!!
So of course I've been building it for the past few hours. Here are a few pictures.
I had to use my HBFP main gear because the white one I got was terribly warped. Anyways... it's going well so far. I didn't order the deluxe kit. I ended up using the tail servo mount from my Belt-CP. I didn't want to drill into the frame to mount the servo.

It seems the revised battery tray is longer!
MicroHeli-Nut is offline Find More Posts by MicroHeli-Nut
Old Jan 18, 2008, 09:17 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt74
Did you find that you needed the tail pitch slider almost all the way over to one side to get the tail to hold while hovering?
I'd say that hovering, the pitch slider is about halfway from hitting its forward stop, so my servo is binding in one direction. Piro rate seems OK both ways but I've only flown four packs at this point.

The Compy entry on eflightwiki ( http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...title=Compy300 ) cautions that it's possible to get the tail blade grips on backwards.

I'd also say that my belt is a little tight, and my boom is as far forward as it'll go, so the boom adjustability could be improved.
ccdengr is offline Find More Posts by ccdengr
Old Jan 19, 2008, 12:31 PM
FRANCE
Joined Dec 2004
1,545 Posts
HI ALBERT
what the new Belt Pulley & CNC Main Gear Set give more than the old one ?
If the belt pulley is screwed on the gear it means the rotor lead the main gear when the motor is stopped ,rigth ?
Does not it brake the rotor when we decrease the motor sharply ?

THX
KABAL99 is offline Find More Posts by KABAL99
Old Jan 19, 2008, 01:45 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
692 Posts
So this is about where my tail slider is in a stable hover. As you can see I don't have a lot of travel left. I don't think there's anything that can be done about this, though.
ccdengr is offline Find More Posts by ccdengr
Old Jan 19, 2008, 08:16 PM
Aerofever.net
Hong Kong Intl, Hong Kong
Joined Aug 2004
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KABAL99
HI ALBERT
what the new Belt Pulley & CNC Main Gear Set give more than the old one ?
If the belt pulley is screwed on the gear it means the rotor lead the main gear when the motor is stopped ,rigth ?
Does not it brake the rotor when we decrease the motor sharply ?

THX
The old Compy 300 main gear is super-noisy and eat the brass pinions; but this Compy FP won't. It has no one-way and I don't think it is a neccessary esp. on Compy FP.

Don't worry, it won't brake the rotor and it is more durable in crashes coz the rotor won't continue to rotate when u pull the throttle down.

In windy day, the FP may have difficulty to bring in down from altitude coz the rotor will still rotating even u pull the throttle down . . . that's why I don't suggest to use one-way system on FP.

Albert
Albert_Moto is offline Find More Posts by Albert_Moto
Old Jan 19, 2008, 10:42 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Joined Apr 2007
1,413 Posts
Quote:
So this is about where my tail slider is in a stable hover. As you can see I don't have a lot of travel left. I don't think there's anything that can be done about this, though.
Yeah... that looks about the same as mine. I got my motor and 3s LiPo's today! I love the way the Compy flies!!! Even with the stock rate gyro the tail is rock-solid. I haven't tested the piro rate on it yet... it was too gusty outside to fly today.
kt74 is offline Find More Posts by kt74
Old Jan 19, 2008, 11:53 PM
FRANCE
Joined Dec 2004
1,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_Moto
The old Compy 300 main gear is super-noisy and eat the brass pinions; but this Compy FP won't. It has no one-way and I don't think it is a neccessary esp. on Compy FP.

Don't worry, it won't brake the rotor and it is more durable in crashes coz the rotor won't continue to rotate when u pull the throttle down.

In windy day, the FP may have difficulty to bring in down from altitude coz the rotor will still rotating even u pull the throttle down . . . that's why I don't suggest to use one-way system on FP.

Albert
OK THX
KABAL99 is offline Find More Posts by KABAL99