SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:51 PM
Joined Sep 2007
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster
OK... so I am trying to figure out why this tread exists when this heli is really not available? It caught my eye.. but was disappointed in the fact that no one sells it.

Or is this basically an ad to gain US distributors?

I would LOVE to get an FP heli already setup with quality parts and brushless motors and perhaps belt tail etc...
You can buy them from www.aero-fever.net, they ship to the US. I have one, see my build log here.
generalbacardi is offline Find More Posts by generalbacardi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:07 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Looks great.. but is there an option for RTF? I don't own any equipment yet.
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:21 PM
new pilot - micro addict
Singapore
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Jon,

How did you mount the King2 gear? Is it still one-way capable? I would've thought the stock one-way for the king2 would be too big for the compy shaft...

Unless you took out the king2 one-way and just replaced the white compy main gear with it... That would make sense as the cp2 and compy main gears (when viewed naked) have gapping big holes in the centre.
Hi Tink, I brought the K1 main gear set w/o the one way bearing.. I just mount the metal tail pulley from the compy kit directly on the K1 gear with the 4 screw. The K1 gear has got 4 tiny mark on the gear, drill tru a little and use it to secure the tail pulley. You will need to cut/file off a bit of the gear to mount the pulley flat on the gear. For now it is flying w/o one way bearing.. i will input some picture later if it is not clear..

Jon
UH -1H is offline Find More Posts by UH -1H
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:47 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
692 Posts
It flies!

Finished the Compy this evening and of course had to test-hop it in the kitchen. Wow! Feels nothing like an HBFP; lots more control authority. I may need to put some expo on the cyclic. No way I was going to try to fly it much out of ground effect in a constrained space, so the first real flight will have to wait.

A few notes on the build: my blade grip screws were also too short, so I left one of the washers off. The plastic part of the linkages from servo to swash were too loose on the balls and I used some HBFP spares instead. The tail pushrod is indeed long enough as is for a frame-mounted servo. My main gear was also badly warped so I used a spare HBFP gear. I ended up putting my AR6100 in the same place as kt74, and am using an Esky 3100kv brushless motor, the supplied pinion, an Esky rate gyro, and a Pentium 18 ESC.

Looking forward to seeing what this thing can do!
ccdengr is online now Find More Posts by ccdengr
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:54 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
SO.. ccdengr.. where did you buy it? Did you have to supply your own TX and other parts? Or is this RTF? Still waiting to hear the answer to this.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:02 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Joined Apr 2007
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdengr
Finished the Compy this evening and of course had to test-hop it in the kitchen. Wow! Feels nothing like an HBFP; lots more control authority. I may need to put some expo on the cyclic. No way I was going to try to fly it much out of ground effect in a constrained space, so the first real flight will have to wait.

A few notes on the build: my blade grip screws were also too short, so I left one of the washers off. The plastic part of the linkages from servo to swash were too loose on the balls and I used some HBFP spares instead. The tail pushrod is indeed long enough as is for a frame-mounted servo. My main gear was also badly warped so I used a spare HBFP gear. I ended up putting my AR6100 in the same place as kt74, and am using an Esky 3100kv brushless motor, the supplied pinion, an Esky rate gyro, and a Pentium 18 ESC.

Looking forward to seeing what this thing can do!
Awesome ccd! I tried flying mine on an Arc 20-27-80 BL motor and a 2s LiPo. It got off the ground but didn't have much reserve power. So I've got an Arc 20-34-130 and 3s LiPo's on the way!! That little motor kicks like nothing else. I am hoping the source of my tail woes is because the headspeed was too slow- I was using stock HBFP blades. Obviously when I put the woodies on the headspeed will increase. I'll by this weekend.
I ended up stealing the tail servo mounts from my Belt-CP because I couldn't really figure out how to mount the servo in the frame. Could you post a picture of how you did it?
kt74 is offline Find More Posts by kt74
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:05 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Joined Apr 2007
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster
SO.. ccdengr.. where did you buy it? Did you have to supply your own TX and other parts? Or is this RTF? Still waiting to hear the answer to this.
Slyster,

You can buy the Compy from aero-fever.net. Here's the link: http://www.aero-fever.net/product_in...roducts_id=581
What you will see there is a kit which you have to assemble from scratch. It comes with no electronics, motor, tx, or servos. You have to supply those yourself. I believe that if you email Albert he may work with you on putting together some kind of a RTF package.
kt74 is offline Find More Posts by kt74
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:08 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Tx..!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:15 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt74
I ended up stealing the tail servo mounts from my Belt-CP because I couldn't really figure out how to mount the servo in the frame. Could you post a picture of how you did it?
Attached; sorry for the poor quality. The servo is on the outside and the arm is inside the frame.

Forgot to mention: I'm using 3S 1250mAh 10C lipos (the same as I use on my King 2.)

Important warning! With the too-short blade grip screws there's a real chance that the nut will loosen up in flight and you'll throw a blade. That almost happened to me out in the driveway a few minutes ago, so be careful! In fact, I suggest you not try to fly it without longer screws.
Last edited by ccdengr; Jan 15, 2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:28 PM
new pilot - micro addict
Singapore
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
Hi ccdengr, congrate I am sure you will love dis little bird just like the rest of us here. Had my first crash due to tail lock bent my main shalf nothing more will fix her up with one way bearing now
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:43 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH -1H
Hi Tink, I brought the K1 main gear set w/o the one way bearing.. I just mount the metal tail pulley from the compy kit directly on the K1 gear with the 4 screw. The K1 gear has got 4 tiny mark on the gear, drill tru a little and use it to secure the tail pulley. You will need to cut/file off a bit of the gear to mount the pulley flat on the gear. For now it is flying w/o one way bearing.. i will input some picture later if it is not clear..

Jon
Thanks Jon, all makes sense...
Tink is offline Find More Posts by Tink
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:27 AM
Fremont, CA
Joined Jul 2007
250 Posts
HB FP Main gear mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdengr
..... My main gear was also badly warped so I used a spare HBFP gear.....
Hi ccdengr,

I would like to know what modification you need to do to the HB FP Main gear to put the Compy belt pulley on it?

I just finished my Compy FP (original frame with HB FP head, not the new Comp y FP) and I've been it flying with a few packs. However, the motor seized during its last flight and it stripped the main gear. Luckily, that's the only damage. Since the HB FP main gear it's widely available in the US, it will be a good idea to do this mod and not to rely on the Compy main gear.

Your input is greately appreciated.

- Thomas -

Btw, the Compy FP flies like a dream. The tail holds like rock and it's so smooth and so effortless during turns.
whto is offline Find More Posts by whto
Old Jan 17, 2008, 01:06 AM
new pilot - micro addict
Singapore
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whto
Hi ccdengr,

I would like to know what modification you need to do to the HB FP Main gear to put the Compy belt pulley on it?

I just finished my Compy FP (original frame with HB FP head, not the new Comp y FP) and I've been it flying with a few packs. However, the motor seized during its last flight and it stripped the main gear. Luckily, that's the only damage. Since the HB FP main gear it's widely available in the US, it will be a good idea to do this mod and not to rely on the Compy main gear.

Your input is greately appreciated.

- Thomas -

Btw, the Compy FP flies like a dream. The tail holds like rock and it's so smooth and so effortless during turns.

Hi whto, I am using HBFP main gear too now.. was on king2 gear before my first crashed.. HBFP are direct fit, just transfer the tail gear pulley over with the 4 screw.. thats it you can try the K2 gear mod too.. the price is cheaper.. just refer to my post #78

Jon
Old Jan 17, 2008, 01:23 AM
Fremont, CA
Joined Jul 2007
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH -1H
Hi whto, I am using HBFP main gear too now.. was on king2 gear before my first crashed.. HBFP are direct fit, just transfer the tail gear pulley over with the 4 screw.. thats it you can try the K2 gear mod too.. the price is cheaper.. just refer to my post #78

Jon
Jon,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll try that once I receive the Compy FP main gear/pulley. I have to order it since I'm running the old Compy.

Thanks again.

- Thomas -
whto is offline Find More Posts by whto
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:48 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
692 Posts
maiden flights

Quote:
Originally Posted by whto
I agree. I flew three packs this AM and was amazed at how well the tail holds, even with the Esky rate gyro I'm using. (Much, much better tail control than my King 2.) The cyclic is also very responsive, and the amount of power is impressive. I think I can get 9 or 10 minutes from a 1250 10C pack, though I only flew for 8 today. All in all, it flies pretty much like I was hoping it would!