HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 29, 2008, 06:02 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2003
257 Posts
sorry if this has been answered already, but where are you guys ordering compy's from? Ive looked everywhere! Hows pricing?
want2B400Xpert is offline Find More Posts by want2B400Xpert
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2008, 07:46 PM
Registered User
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by want2B400Xpert
sorry if this has been answered already, but where are you guys ordering compy's from? Ive looked everywhere! Hows pricing?
Only place to get it.
http://aero-fever.net/
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:09 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2008
72 Posts
what the avg headspeed on a compy, with the recommended motor?

Dan
dhoff002 is offline Find More Posts by dhoff002
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:57 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoff002
what the avg headspeed on a compy, with the recommended motor?
Suppose I hover at 70% throttle with my 3100kV motor and 9T pinion on 3S. The HBFP main gear has 140 teeth, so the headspeed at 70% throttle and assuming 85% motor efficiency is 11.1V * 3100 * 9/140 * 0.85 * 0.7 = 1316 RPM. I haven't tached mine but that seems in the ballpark.

http://dhrc.rchomepage.com/calc.htm is a good start for headspeed calcs, but it's most accurate for CP max headspeed at zero pitch.

If you want a higher headspeed with an FP, you have to use blades with less pitch and/or smaller diameter.
ccdengr is offline Find More Posts by ccdengr
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2008, 11:27 AM
I can drift a heli
maarset's Avatar
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,365 Posts
So I have been having an issue with my anti rotation guide that sits behind the rotor head is too short on my Compy FP fiber frame.

Maybe 3 mm too short. If I do full forward elevator the swash plate will pop out of the guide.
So either I make a longer one or lower the head a bit. I can't limit the travel of the servo because I don't
have a computer radio. I did some searching around and found that some guys are using a Esky CP2 main shaft.
But I believe they are either drilling a new jesus hole or grinding off about 3 MM of the top of the main shaft.

What I am wondering is if the rotor head sits a little lower with the CP2 main shaft. If it does then I won't have to raise my anti rotation guide. I guess the HBFP main shaft is too short and your blade will hit the tail shaft... Correct?

Is there another main shaft instead of the CP2 that will work? Seems that Esky parts are getting very hard to find and I am down to one HBFP esky Head that I share between the Compy and my HBFP.
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2008, 11:42 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
KCinNC's Avatar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,537 Posts
you could take a few pieces of scrap CF material and just lengthen the guide a little to make it taller...using a little CA(if CA will hold cf ?). then maybe a little piece across the top for a stop
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2008, 11:46 AM
I can drift a heli
maarset's Avatar
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,365 Posts
Never had any luck with CA gluing CF
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2008, 01:20 PM
Registered User
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset
So I have been having an issue with my anti rotation guide that sits behind the rotor head is too short on my Compy FP fiber frame.

Maybe 3 mm too short. If I do full forward elevator the swash plate will pop out of the guide.
So either I make a longer one or lower the head a bit. I can't limit the travel of the servo because I don't
have a computer radio. I did some searching around and found that some guys are using a Esky CP2 main shaft.
But I believe they are either drilling a new jesus hole or grinding off about 3 MM of the top of the main shaft.

What I am wondering is if the rotor head sits a little lower with the CP2 main shaft. If it does then I won't have to raise my anti rotation guide. I guess the HBFP main shaft is too short and your blade will hit the tail shaft... Correct?

Is there another main shaft instead of the CP2 that will work? Seems that Esky parts are getting very hard to find and I am down to one HBFP esky Head that I share between the Compy and my HBFP.
You could do like in this post and make new longer links from the swash to the flybar cage lowering the swash. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...30#post7350030

If you look through this thread you can see that some people were using the stock fp main shaft.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=663127
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Last edited by OnGuard; May 01, 2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Fixed second link
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2008, 01:59 PM
I can drift a heli
maarset's Avatar
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,365 Posts
Brillant
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2008, 07:26 PM
Real wings, RC rotors
asw20rr's Avatar
Colorado
Joined Oct 2007
646 Posts
Main shaft length?

After my separated swash mishap I found that my mainshaft had such burrs created by the pins wobbling in the somewhat too big holes that I couldn't get the shaft out of the bearings and ended up cutting it to get it out.

I decided to go a different direction on a replacement shaft and see if I could end up with something less sloppy and more durable, so I got a hardened HDX300 main shaft and am going to take it down to a local machine shop tomorrow to shorten it and get some holes drilled in it (pro bono I hope ). Since I cut my old shaft I can't get an accurate measurement of its length. Can someone measure their stock shaft for me please?

- Doug
asw20rr is offline Find More Posts by asw20rr
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2008, 07:59 PM
Registered User
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asw20rr
After my separated swash mishap I found that my mainshaft had such burrs created by the pins wobbling in the somewhat too big holes that I couldn't get the shaft out of the bearings and ended up cutting it to get it out.

I decided to go a different direction on a replacement shaft and see if I could end up with something less sloppy and more durable, so I got a hardened HDX300 main shaft and am going to take it down to a local machine shop tomorrow to shorten it and get some holes drilled in it (pro bono I hope ). Since I cut my old shaft I can't get an accurate measurement of its length. Can someone measure their stock shaft for me please?

- Doug

80mm long
Center of bottom hole is 2.5mm up
Center of top hole is 4mm down

The holes are 1.5mm diameter, but the top hole should really only be 1mm.
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2008, 09:12 PM
Radd's Two-Star Grad
HeliFish's Avatar
Cary, NC
Joined Mar 2008
286 Posts
Hi Folks,

Could someone kindly tell me the tail shaft diameter for the Compy FP?

-Fish
HeliFish is offline Find More Posts by HeliFish
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2008, 09:34 PM
Registered User
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
The tail boom is 12mm diameter.
The tail shaft is 3mm diameter.
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2008, 09:37 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
murdnunoc's Avatar
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFish
Hi Folks,

Could someone kindly tell me the tail shaft diameter for the Compy FP?

-Fish
Actual measurement is 2.95mm or .116 in. Sold as 3mm to fit inside 3mm bearing.
EDIT: Wow, that looked like an attempted one-up. Sorry, OnGuard, you posted while I was measuring and typing.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2008, 09:58 PM
Registered User
Lonelasso's Avatar
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset
Never had any luck with CA gluing CF
You must not be using the right CA I've CAd CF rod onto my vertical tail fin numerous times. It WILL hold, but can be snapped off when enough force is applied (as in a CRASH ). The trick is use a kicker.

-Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Motor/ESC combination for Compy 300 FP? generalbacardi Micro Helis 1 Oct 31, 2008 10:43 PM
Sold Excellent Compy 300 FP RTF with Lots of Extras!!! - Blowout Price - $170 SHIPPED cdbarnett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 14 Nov 16, 2007 06:16 PM
Discussion Compy 300 FP coming out? generalbacardi Micro Helis 2 Nov 09, 2007 12:50 AM
Video Compy 300 FP video testing the Esky beefed up paddle frame and Compy swash electric-flyer Electric Heli Talk 0 Oct 04, 2007 10:41 PM
Cool Compy 300 FP video electric-flyer Micro Helis 0 Jul 17, 2007 03:24 PM