HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:22 PM
Aerofever.net
Hong Kong Intl, Hong Kong
Joined Aug 2004
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD

Does anybody have any ideas on the best place to mount the receiver? I can't work out where Albert has located it from his pictures.
You may mount the Rx on the another side of the tail servo location.

ps: I put the receiver in between the fiber frame with the tail boom servo mount.

Albert
Albert_Moto is offline Find More Posts by Albert_Moto
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2008, 03:51 AM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Joined Apr 2007
1,413 Posts
My Compy came today!!!
So of course I've been building it for the past few hours. Here are a few pictures.
I had to use my HBFP main gear because the white one I got was terribly warped. Anyways... it's going well so far. I didn't order the deluxe kit. I ended up using the tail servo mount from my Belt-CP. I didn't want to drill into the frame to mount the servo.
kt74 is offline Find More Posts by kt74
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:33 AM
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Sep 2002
1,531 Posts
Is it routine for a company to accept payment on out of stock items? IN addtion, not advising stock status on tehe website, so customers can make an informed decision on what to purchase or not? THis is the first time I've experienced this after many years of purchasing on the web and IM not impressed. Companies, please update your stick status on the website.
Thanks
stuka is offline Find More Posts by stuka
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:31 PM
BBD
Joined Sep 2006
6 Posts
Build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_Moto
You may mount the Rx on the another side of the tail servo location.

ps: I put the receiver in between the fiber frame with the tail boom servo mount.

Albert
I decided to mount my receiver on top of the front mounting bracket. I have the ESC below the bracket and the BEC above the bracket with the receiver on top of this in front of the motor. I'm using the receiver removed from my Honeybee's 4in1 wrapped in heatshrink (Stop gap until I go 2.4ghz). It doesn't look pretty but it will be hidden when the canopy is on. The only problem is that it's a little nose heavy even with the battery pushed up to the front skid mounting block.

Has anybody fitted the main blades yet. The screws appear to be too short compared to Albert's photos?

Also how many cranked servo arms should I have? I have two but I need three, one for each servo?

I've ran it up without the main blades any everthing seems to be okay so far. Pity about this weeks weather forecast
BBD is offline Find More Posts by BBD
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:46 PM
new pilot - micro addict
Singapore
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt74
My Compy came today!!!
So of course I've been building it for the past few hours. Here are a few pictures.
I had to use my HBFP main gear because the white one I got was terribly warped. Anyways... it's going well so far. I didn't order the deluxe kit. I ended up using the tail servo mount from my Belt-CP. I didn't want to drill into the frame to mount the servo.

Congrate Kt74, I finished my built too and enjoying it now veri much..

I ditched the the white gear too and use KingII main gear I belivev it is lighter and tougher..

Jon
UH -1H is offline Find More Posts by UH -1H
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:53 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Joined Apr 2007
1,413 Posts
I'm having a hard time getting the tail set up. It seems that by the time I have enough pitch in the blades to hold the tail, I have no room for right rudder left on the tail pitch slider...! When I put the tail pitch slider in the center so I can get full throw each way, the blades have no pitch on them. Am I missing something?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 09:33 PM
new pilot - micro addict
Singapore
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt74
I'm having a hard time getting the tail set up. It seems that by the time I have enough pitch in the blades to hold the tail, I have no room for right rudder left on the tail pitch slider...! When I put the tail pitch slider in the center so I can get full throw each way, the blades have no pitch on them. Am I missing something?
After arming the gyro (0704AHH) my pitch slider is almost at the Tail hub too.. Is this the same issue too

Jon
Old Jan 13, 2008, 09:47 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Joined Apr 2007
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH -1H
After arming the gyro (0704AHH) my pitch slider is almost at the Tail hub too.. Is this the same issue too

Jon
Yeah, that's the same issue I am having. It's gotta be all the way over there or else the tail doesn't hold. But then you have almost no room left for right cyclic.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 09:52 PM
Joined Sep 2007
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
Has anybody fitted the main blades yet. The screws appear to be too short compared to Albert's photos?
I had the same issue with the main blade screws, see my FP-BD "Deluxe" build log here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD

Also how many cranked servo arms should I have? I have two but I need three, one for each servo?
My kit only included two of the "z-bend" servo arms too. However, it includes two straight arms that are threaded on both ends, two female plastic ball links, and an aluminum ball with screw. Maybe you're supposed to screw the ball end onto your rudder servo horn, so the linkage is connected by ball links/balls on both ends (?)
generalbacardi is offline Find More Posts by generalbacardi
Last edited by generalbacardi; Jan 13, 2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:27 PM
Dragonus II Elite, DX7
Oakley, CA
Joined May 2006
1,378 Posts
Hey guys, if you are interested

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800802
iuam is offline Find More Posts by iuam
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:32 AM
Aerofever.net
Joined Aug 2004
396 Posts
Anyone who received shorten main blade screws, please email to me via albert@aero-fever.net and I
will send some longer screws immediately.

YES!!! The two straight arms that are threaded on both ends, two female plastic ball links, and an aluminum ball with screw.... and you're supposed to screw the ball end onto your rudder servo horn, so the linkage is connected by ball links/balls on both ends.

Albert
Old Jan 15, 2008, 06:17 PM
Aerofever.net
Joined Aug 2004
396 Posts
Lastest Compy FP Video !!

Enjoy it ^^

Compy FP ...Loop it ! (4 min 1 sec)
Old Jan 15, 2008, 06:23 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
OK... so I am trying to figure out why this tread exists when this heli is really not available? It caught my eye.. but was disappointed in the fact that no one sells it.

Or is this basically an ad to gain US distributors?

I would LOVE to get an FP heli already setup with quality parts and brushless motors and perhaps belt tail etc...
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Old Jan 15, 2008, 07:17 PM
new pilot - micro addict
Singapore
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_Moto

Nice flying.. albert

Jon
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:33 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH -1H
Congrate Kt74, I finished my built too and enjoying it now veri much..

I ditched the the white gear too and use KingII main gear I belivev it is lighter and tougher..

Jon
Jon,

How did you mount the King2 gear? Is it still one-way capable? I would've thought the stock one-way for the king2 would be too big for the compy shaft...

Unless you took out the king2 one-way and just replaced the white compy main gear with it... That would make sense as the cp2 and compy main gears (when viewed naked) have gapping big holes in the centre.
Tink is offline Find More Posts by Tink