SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2008, 11:19 PM
new pilot - micro addict
Singapore
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
hill0046,
I haven't measure the headspeed for the Compy FP so far (I will check it out later). My recommended setting is the AKE 300SH-F (3200kv) + 9T or 10T or 450R35LT-F (3500kv) + 9T with 8degree or 6 degree wooden blade. The 6 degree one will have higher head speed, the cylic response is faster and is good for advanced pilot for performing "Cone" and "Loop" with the Compy FP.

Albert[/QUOTE]

Hi Albert do you hav a video of comp300FPBD doing Loop..

Jon
UH -1H is offline Find More Posts by UH -1H
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2008, 11:39 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
692 Posts
Here's my build progress so far: I've got the frame together and the servos installed. I ended up putting the aileron servo inside the frame and the elevator servo outside; I'm not sure if there will be enough clearance on the elevator servo arm but I can't think of where else to put it, and Albert's photos seem to have it there so. I also put the HS50 tail servo inside the frame, hopefully that will work.

No major problems with the build so far; the 1.7x5 phillips screw heads strip pretty easily but the frame seems quite rigid.
ccdengr is offline Find More Posts by ccdengr
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:24 AM
new pilot - micro addict
Singapore
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdengr
Here's my build progress so far: I've got the frame together and the servos installed. I ended up putting the aileron servo inside the frame and the elevator servo outside; I'm not sure if there will be enough clearance on the elevator servo arm but I can't think of where else to put it, and Albert's photos seem to have it there so. I also put the HS50 tail servo inside the frame, hopefully that will work.

No major problems with the build so far; the 1.7x5 phillips screw heads strip pretty easily but the frame seems quite rigid.

Hi ccdengr. I think you install the HS50 in the wrong way. The output shalf of the servo should be in the frame so that thr horn can be in line to the tail drive.

Jon
Old Jan 10, 2008, 10:46 AM
Aerofever.net
Hong Kong Intl, Hong Kong
Joined Aug 2004
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH -1H
hill0046,
I haven't measure the headspeed for the Compy FP so far (I will check it out later). My recommended setting is the AKE 300SH-F (3200kv) + 9T or 10T or 450R35LT-F (3500kv) + 9T with 8degree or 6 degree wooden blade. The 6 degree one will have higher head speed, the cylic response is faster and is good for advanced pilot for performing "Cone" and "Loop" with the Compy FP.

Albert
Hi Albert do you hav a video of comp300FPBD doing Loop..

Jon[/QUOTE]

OK, Let me take the video on coming weekend
Albert_Moto is offline Find More Posts by Albert_Moto
Old Jan 10, 2008, 06:40 PM
Joined Jun 2007
5 Posts
Hey all, i got my compy FP a couple of days ago and have the frame built. I'm having trouble with the tail though, the belt seems to be too tight. The boom seems to be the right size (275mm) according to the CF boom size on aero fever's site. But when i put belt on the main gear, i can't get the main gear to line up with the main shaft hole. I can get it close, but i'm afraid the plastic tail might break with the amount of strain i'm putting on it.

Maybe i'm doing it wrong, i've never put together a belt drive system before.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

thanks
m0rd is offline Find More Posts by m0rd
Old Jan 10, 2008, 07:50 PM
new pilot - micro addict
Singapore
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0rd
Hey all, i got my compy FP a couple of days ago and have the frame built. I'm having trouble with the tail though, the belt seems to be too tight. The boom seems to be the right size (275mm) according to the CF boom size on aero fever's site. But when i put belt on the main gear, i can't get the main gear to line up with the main shaft hole. I can get it close, but i'm afraid the plastic tail might break with the amount of strain i'm putting on it.

Maybe i'm doing it wrong, i've never put together a belt drive system before.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

thanks
Hi mOrd, I had completed my built too with no problem

You might want to share your problem with some picture

Jon
Old Jan 10, 2008, 08:11 PM
new pilot - micro addict
Singapore
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
OK, Let me take the video on coming weekend [/QUOTE]

Thanks Albert, bring it on.. show us all what this machine is capable of

Can it do roll too...

Jon
Old Jan 10, 2008, 09:41 PM
Joined Jun 2007
5 Posts
Ok, hope this photo helps you see my belt problem.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 09:46 PM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Quote:
Albert has a picture here showing a spacer in there.
http://www.aero-fever.net/forum/atta...NKhwf4yrXt.jpg
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Old Jan 10, 2008, 10:49 PM
new pilot - micro addict
Singapore
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
Quote:
OnGuard is right, there is a silver bushing between the tail pulley and a bearing.. your picture shows that the main gear is tilted at a angle.. too

Jon
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:04 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
154 Posts
Quote:
Mord, also be sure your belt hasn't twisted on itself in the boom - that will reduce the available length.

The belt does actually lengthen after the first few flights, you may find yourself commenting on how 'loose' the belt is at a later time.
Tink is offline Find More Posts by Tink
Old Jan 11, 2008, 01:11 AM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
692 Posts
My build status: tonight I assembled the tail. It went OK but be warned that the tail gear is very tight on the shaft, so you will want to align it correctly with the pinholes before tapping it on. The washer that goes on the other side of the gear is also tight; I ended up splitting mine trying to press it on, so you may want to file it down a little.

The socket-head cap screws that hold the tail box together go in very tightly, especially the long ones, and I again ended up rounding out a couple of them. I'd pay $20 a kit more if it came with high-quality stainless hardware instead of mystery metal.

m0rd, I haven't put my mainshaft together yet but it looks like the belt will be long enough. Sorry to ask, but are you sure you have the boom pressed in as far as it'll go?

UH-1H, you're right about the tail servo of course. Fortunately I was able to get it out without taking the frame apart. It should be well-centered if mounted on the outside face of the frame.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 05:36 AM
Joined Jun 2007
5 Posts
well, I turned the main gear for a few seconds to see if the belt might be twisted and it seemed to loosen up a bit that i could get it on the main shaft. The pic i showed was with the main shaft dropped in just to show how far off it was. I put the bushing in and all seems well for the moment

ccdengr, the boom is actually all the way in and no longer matches up with the predrilled hole. Hope that isn't a prob, assume i can just drill another.

Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:31 AM
BBD
Joined Sep 2006
6 Posts
Quote:
mOrd: the boom is actually all the way in and no longer matches up with the predrilled hole. Hope that isn't a prob, assume i can just drill another.
I also ended up with the boom push tight into the frame so that the slot no longer matches the predrilled hole. The tension feels okay in this position.

Quote:
ccdengr:The socket-head cap screws that hold the tail box together go in very tightly, especially the long ones, and I again ended up rounding out a couple of them.
I also found the long screws very tight. My tail box actually split along the moulding surrounding one of the long screw holes!

Does anybody have any ideas on the best place to mount the receiver? I can't work out where Albert has located it from his pictures.
BBD is offline Find More Posts by BBD
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:57 AM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
Does anybody have any ideas on the best place to mount the receiver? I can't work out where Albert has located it from his pictures.
From Albert's image CompyFPBD-B13.jpg it looks like he has it in the far back of the frame under the tail boom (where the tail servo is if you frame-mount it.)

I'm using an AR6100 and I'll probably put it under the main gear someplace.