SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 31, 2008, 03:58 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,767 Posts
Looks like i will need one of these and pick up a few more bits as well.

Ill try not to bother you too much and I do appreciate the help.

The last few esky main shaft collars I bought had a cheezy little phillips, oval head machine screw instead of set screws. I do have a couple of them though

Heli Direct has already shipped the order I placed a few hours ago. I had a 3S 2500mah lipo transmitter battery in my mailbox when I came home too. I should only have to charge that one once or twice a month.

Jimmy
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:08 PM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,365 Posts
More Stability Than Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset
Yah I put the HBFP on my Compy FP a little while ago. I definitly lost my stability. I'm really on the sticks now to keep a stable hover.
I'm wondering if I move my HDX300 motor below the main gear that might help. Lower the center of gravity.
I moved my HDX300 BL motor down low. So the pinion faces up.
I always thought that all the cool helicopters do that to make the heli look cool. Boy I was wrong. I should have lowered my motor a LONG TIME AGO.
What a difference. I think it is more stable than when I had the compy shaft in the heli. And I was testing this in some 7 to 10 mph wind too.

So if you go to use the esky HBFP shaft I strongly suggest you flip that motor over and mount it down low if you have the room.
I have my RX where my motor was but I think I will mount that in the sub frame too.
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:16 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp
Looks like i will need one of these and pick up a few more bits as well.

Ill try not to bother you too much and I do appreciate the help.

The last few esky main shaft collars I bought had a cheezy little phillips, oval head machine screw instead of set screws. I do have a couple of them though

Heli Direct has already shipped the order I placed a few hours ago. I had a 3S 2500mah lipo transmitter battery in my mailbox when I came home too. I should only have to charge that one once or twice a month.

Jimmy
Yep...I've been using a megapower 2600 3s1p in my xp8103 for many months now and it's one less thing to worry about I've just pulled the shaft/head on my FP and was surprised a bit. The shaft is NOT 100mm Trying to find out which I shaft I'm using It's 94mm, so must be from HBCP. Will advise
That's the pulley ! Do you have the hdx300 auto-rotation sleeve with grub screws ? I've actually used that along with the hdx300 main gear and it worked fairly well. The gear was pretty wobbly though.

-Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:28 PM
Plymouth UK
Joined Jun 2008
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster
Pinion question. I have the Compy w/ 130g battery and the HDX300 motor (I assume some of you are nearly the same)... I used the one that came with it.. 8T... plenty of power.. but not the PUNCH type power.. would a 9T solve it? What are you all using with similar setups?
I am usiing the HDX300 on my compyFP which is now FP, I use a 9 tooth pinion and that had loads of punch when it was FP, I have noticed that batterys make a differnce. I am using Evolite batteries and the motor seem to have more power at the high end.
MTheMadhatter is offline Find More Posts by MTheMadhatter
Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:33 PM
Parkflyer
St. Pete, FL
Joined Feb 2008
661 Posts
Today, I recieved my 3 Mystery 1500 mAh 3s lipos in the mail, and this afternoon I got my three GForce 1300 mAh 3s lipos as well. All three of the GForce packs charged up from around 55% and balanced very well. All three were very balanced from the start.

The Mystery batteries all had one cell that was lower than the others. This put my CellPro4 into "safety charge". I am still on the second pack now, letting it balance and charge... we shall see.

The GForce packs are MUCH thicker than the Mystery packs, even though the Mystery packs are rated at 1500 mAh and the GForce packs are rated at 1300.

The GForce packs came with Deans connectors on them, the Mystery packs had some strange connector. I added Deans to them, and will see if they will balance out, and charge fine from this initial charging on.

Zero issues with the GForce packs...

I will photograph them side by side, and give weight differences later.

Right now, I am fighting jet lag, from being up all night in DFW.

Humph.
KiltedRanger is offline Find More Posts by KiltedRanger
Old Jul 31, 2008, 05:24 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
WOW motor UNDER the heli? I'll have to keep that in mind when I run out of shafts...

KiltedRanger.. I have 4 of the Mystery batts... so far they are great!! Haven't time any flights yet.. still just hovering and setting up the gyro etc etc... too windy to fly for real yet... perhaps tonight or tomorrow. I better put on the 9T I worry about power if I was doing a dive and couldn't pull out.. the 8T isn't doing so much for me.
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Old Jul 31, 2008, 05:27 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelasso
Yep...I've been using a megapower 2600 3s1p in my xp8103 for many months now and it's one less thing to worry about I've just pulled the shaft/head on my FP and was surprised a bit. The shaft is NOT 100mm Trying to find out which I shaft I'm using It's 94mm, so must be from HBCP. Will advise
That's the pulley ! Do you have the hdx300 auto-rotation sleeve with grub screws ? I've actually used that along with the hdx300 main gear and it worked fairly well. The gear was pretty wobbly though.

-Dave
Dave,

I have been using a Hitech 1700 ni mh pack in my Futaba 7c Faast since I bought it. The 600mah ni cd is a joke. The 2500 mah lipo pack will help me when I have those..I charged everything BUT my Tx. moments

I only ordered the main gears w/ auto hub. I didnt order the sleeve w, grub screws. Ill ahve to make a list of what all I need. I like the idea of using that gear. Hopefully I can put the parts needed to make it work.

What are you using for ball links and pushrods??

Thanks,

Jimmy
Old Jul 31, 2008, 06:56 PM
Parkflyer
St. Pete, FL
Joined Feb 2008
661 Posts
My Mystery 1500 mAh packs weigh 90 grams each (average) They are 15C

The GForce 1300 mAh packs weigh 118 grams each (average) They are 20C

The FlightPower 1500 mAh weighs 128 grams... it's a 25C

So, I will use the Mystery batts in the Guru-Z belt drive, the GForce and FlightPower in the King.

I can tell that investing in this CellPro4 charger and balancer was good money spent. The Mystery packs balanced out perfectly, and all three came up to 100%.

The GForce packs were balanced from the get go.

LiPo health is definitely lengthened by a good charger... now, I am wishing I had the 10S... he he he

As for my ARC-130i, I am gonna start with the 9T pinion. She's a porky thing... haven't weighed it yet, but I will. I wanna work on it tonight, but I am SOOOOOO tired. Can't even see straight.

Company coming tomorrow, so it may have to wait until next week. I still wanna work on the King as well...

Can't wait to get the Mini Titan!!!

Good night Crew... I'm off to crash. Sleep. Slumber...
KiltedRanger is offline Find More Posts by KiltedRanger
Old Jul 31, 2008, 07:43 PM
QPower 18650
Sunshine Coast
Joined Jun 2006
1,495 Posts
I just placed my order for a Hyperion Duo KR.

Gforce = Loong Max= Zippy-K= Great Packs
madhun1 is offline Find More Posts by madhun1
Old Jul 31, 2008, 08:39 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Dave,

I have been using a Hitech 1700 ni mh pack in my Futaba 7c Faast since I bought it. The 600mah ni cd is a joke. The 2500 mah lipo pack will help me when I have those..I charged everything BUT my Tx. moments

I only ordered the main gears w/ auto hub. I didnt order the sleeve w, grub screws. Ill ahve to make a list of what all I need. I like the idea of using that gear. Hopefully I can put the parts needed to make it work.

What are you using for ball links and pushrods??

Thanks,

Jimmy
Using the stock ball links/stock rods on the swash with balls on the servo arms. Used HBCP2 plastic links for the servo arm balls.

-Dave
Old Jul 31, 2008, 08:59 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,767 Posts
Kilted Ranger, get some well deserved sleep.

Quote:My Mystery 1500 mAh packs weigh 90 grams each (average) They are 15C"

Mine weigh 106g ea. with a Deans connector .

Dave, I didnt think any ball links/pushrods would come with the kit for some reason..probably dont in the Guru kit.

I swapped the CC 35 ESC out for a CC 45 in my Beam yesterday. I had a Castle BEC with the 35 and put a Dimension Sport Bec w/ the 45. I flew a pack in the yard between rain showers so at least Im getting a few minutes of yard flying in. Dont really know why I changed the ESC. The 35 worked fine..just cant seem to leave this stuff alone.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 09:33 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Kilted Ranger, get some well deserved sleep.

Quote:My Mystery 1500 mAh packs weigh 90 grams each (average) They are 15C"

Mine weigh 106g ea. with a Deans connector .

Dave, I didnt think any ball links/pushrods would come with the kit for some reason..probably dont in the Guru kit.

I swapped the CC 35 ESC out for a CC 45 in my Beam yesterday. I had a Castle BEC with the 35 and put a Dimension Sport Bec w/ the 45. I flew a pack in the yard between rain showers so at least Im getting a few minutes of yard flying in. Dont really know why I changed the ESC. The 35 worked fine..just cant seem to leave this stuff alone.
They don't...just had some from my HBCP2 and cobbled them together. Yep...know exactly what you mean. It's the 'tinkering' I enjoy almost as much as flying
Attached pic of the belt pulley with the 2mm sleeve inserted. Also, replaced my CF boom this afternoon and after tensioning the belt...drilled and inserted an m2 x 3mm bolt to hold it in place

-Dave
Old Jul 31, 2008, 09:41 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Are all the head links (swash to frame/frame to rotor head) the exact same as esky stuff?

How often do you put in fresh links? Especially the swash to frame. I am one just fly off today and it REALLY was hard to control... almost crashed..
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:21 PM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster
Are all the head links (swash to frame/frame to rotor head) the exact same as esky stuff?

How often do you put in fresh links? Especially the swash to frame. I am one just fly off today and it REALLY was hard to control... almost crashed..
I didn't follow that last sentence Sly.

Flew a couple of packs with the compy with the HBFP shaft and the motor mod so it sat lower. Flew awesome! I had a breeze that showed up every once in a while but it was not too bad.
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:28 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
hehe... you know those little blade push rods or t-bone links.. never sure what to call them... the ones that go from the swash to the paddle control frame... tiny ball to tiny ball.. how often do you replace those?

I had one fly off today making the heli nearly unflyable... I would hate to crash from such a tiny cheap part. Don't you guys have these things fly off? From the higher headspeeds etc?

I cannot BELIEVE they want $3.90 for 2 of them... dang it.. I want like 20 spares... cost like 1 cent each for them. Man.. people are really getting rich on our addiction. Anyone know where you can buy them cheaper? And without the servo push rods? I have tons of those. I want a small sack of cyclic links!

These.. on the left
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=3600

Also.. standard Esky links the same as compy right?
Last edited by Slyster; Jul 31, 2008 at 11:55 PM.