HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2008, 01:26 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
yeah Ken did a great job designing it. Why can't you make your own Albert?
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Last edited by GFBurke; Jun 06, 2008 at 02:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2008, 09:47 AM
Joined Jun 2007
5 Posts
Hey all, been lurking round these forums for a long time. Thought i'd finally speak up. Anyway my new compyFP is in the mail and is only a couple hours away according to the tracking service. Should be here Monday. For those that are having doubts
m0rd is offline Find More Posts by m0rd
Old Jan 06, 2008, 06:16 PM
Southeast PA
Joined Oct 2005
2,805 Posts
I'm so interested. But I'd like to get a "barebones" one so I can customize. Are they available soon, and is there a US distributer??
Vario3 is offline Find More Posts by Vario3
Old Jan 06, 2008, 07:18 PM
Joined Jun 2007
5 Posts
Looks like this guy is going to carry the compyFP US side, check this post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=720
m0rd is offline Find More Posts by m0rd
Old Jan 06, 2008, 07:26 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Joined Apr 2007
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vario3
I'm so interested. But I'd like to get a "barebones" one so I can customize. Are they available soon, and is there a US distributer??
The Compy FP's only come as a "barebones" kit. I believe that aero-fever will make a RTF bird for you if you ask them. But mostly you buy the kit, put it together and add your own electronics.
kt74 is offline Find More Posts by kt74
Old Jan 07, 2008, 02:18 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdengr
Has anyone gotten their Compy FP yet? I was one of the first preorders and still no sign of mine.
Oops, my mistake. It was shipped out on Jan 2 and arrived while I was on vacation, so it was waiting for me at the post office. Kit quality looks excellent but, as advertised, there are no instructions and no assembly has been done, so you should factor that into your decision. I'll post some build photos when I get a chance to work on it, but it may be a few weeks.

Documentation for the Compy CP V1 and the fiber frame is at http://www.compy300.com/download.html -- you'll need to look at the pictures of the FP head to assemble it; it looks mostly like an HBFP head. There's also some info at http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...title=Compy300
ccdengr is offline Find More Posts by ccdengr
Old Jan 07, 2008, 03:39 PM
BBD
Joined Sep 2006
6 Posts
Hi all, I've also being lurking around for some time. My Compy FP arrived today (UK). It was dispatched on the 3rd so only 4 days including the weekend. Although there was a delay from the original dispatch date, it is a new product and Albert has always replied promptly to my emails. I haven't unpacked all the bits yet but everything was very well packaged.
BBD is offline Find More Posts by BBD
Old Jan 07, 2008, 05:11 PM
Southeast PA
Joined Oct 2005
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt74
The Compy FP's only come as a "barebones" kit. I believe that aero-fever will make a RTF bird for you if you ask them. But mostly you buy the kit, put it together and add your own electronics.
I guess what I mean't was, I'd like a barebones ARF, like the Honeybee FP folks provide. Looks like that will take some more time,,,,
Vario3 is offline Find More Posts by Vario3
Old Jan 07, 2008, 06:07 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Joined Apr 2007
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Oops, my mistake. It was shipped out on Jan 2 and arrived while I was on vacation, so it was waiting for me at the post office. Kit quality looks excellent but, as advertised, there are no instructions and no assembly has been done, so you should factor that into your decision. I'll post some build photos when I get a chance to work on it, but it may be a few weeks.

Documentation for the Compy CP V1 and the fiber frame is at http://www.compy300.com/download.html -- you'll need to look at the pictures of the FP head to assemble it; it looks mostly like an HBFP head. There's also some info at http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...title=Compy300
Sweet! Good to hear you got it. Did you get a tracking number or anything when they shipped it? Or did it just show up a few days later? I can't wait to get mine!!

EDIT: Because my order is still "processing"...
Last edited by kt74; Jan 07, 2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2008, 06:29 PM
Aerofever.net
Hong Kong Intl, Hong Kong
Joined Aug 2004
396 Posts
How to build the Compy FP-BD?

Becoz the Compy FP-BD manual is not ready yet, I would like to post some photos to show how to build my Compy FP-BD here:

http://www.aero-fever.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45

Albert
Albert_Moto is offline Find More Posts by Albert_Moto
Old Jan 07, 2008, 06:44 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt74
Sweet! Good to hear you got it. Did you get a tracking number or anything when they shipped it?
Albert emailed me a tracking number when he shipped it.

Getting bags of loose screws, plastic and Al bits, and flat pieces of G10 was a little intimidating at first, but it doesn't look too bad after reviewing the instructions for the V1. And you can put a heli in an amazingly small box when you ship it this way.
Old Jan 07, 2008, 09:24 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Joined Apr 2007
1,413 Posts
Albert's the man!!
I spoke to him and he said that my order was packed today and would go out tomorrow. When I found out that I needed an SG-50 servo for the tail he kindly added that to my order right away. A quick PayPal transaction and its all done!
I can't wait... teehee!
Old Jan 07, 2008, 10:07 PM
Joined Sep 2007
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_Moto
Becoz the Compy FP-BD manual is not ready yet, I would like to post some photos to show how to build my Compy FP-BD here:

http://www.aero-fever.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45

Albert

I can't access the attachments on the aero-fever forums, any chance you could post the pics here on RCGroups?
generalbacardi is offline Find More Posts by generalbacardi
Old Jan 07, 2008, 10:21 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalbacardi
I can't access the attachments on the aero-fever forums, any chance you could post the pics here on RCGroups?
You just have to register, it took me 30 seconds.

One minor complaint: the FP horizontal and vertical stabilizers in the kit I got are different from the photos on the aero-fever website (but the same as the build images in the forum); they're curvier and the horizontal stabilizer is much smaller; I'll probably just leave it off.
Old Jan 07, 2008, 11:17 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Joined Apr 2007
1,413 Posts
Quote:
You just have to register, it took me 30 seconds.

One minor complaint: the FP horizontal and vertical stabilizers in the kit I got are different from the photos on the aero-fever website (but the same as the build images in the forum); they're curvier and the horizontal stabilizer is much smaller; I'll probably just leave it off.
Ah man... I like the ones on the website better...