HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2008, 08:31 AM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Cuzn,
what frame is that? that a Compy CP frame? mine doesnt have the room yours has where your motor is mounted.

Much tighter area just for the batt and some avionics.
USNAviationjay is offline Find More Posts by USNAviationjay
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2008, 09:46 AM
United States, OH, Findlay
Joined Nov 2006
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109
Once in a while on start up the main motor would jiggle back and forth about 5degrees violently which I'm wondering if the long wire was the cause. I'll have to go back and shorten my wires.
Most of these RC brushless motors are sensorless brushless motors, so the ESC has no idea if the motor is spinning while it speeds up. This "jiggle" that you're talking about is just something that can happen. Sometimes the magnets get lined up just right, the timing of the ESC is just right, and the motor jitters back and forth. All you have to do is throttle all the way down to stop the motor, and start it back up again. Other than putting a little stress on your gear mesh as it jitters, it's not harmful to the motor itself.
Maniac20 is offline Find More Posts by Maniac20
Old Jun 09, 2008, 10:40 AM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,365 Posts
cuzn
the bl ran before this happened so not sure if it is wire length. Did have hick ups every once in a while with this motor but I thought it was the cheap gws rc. Tried a diff rx, a berg and that didn't help my current issue. Bummed.
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Old Jun 09, 2008, 10:52 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,516 Posts
i hope there are no problems with the hdx 300 motors...i just ordered one
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jun 09, 2008, 10:58 AM
It's all up from here..
Prince Rupert, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109
Cuzn,

Looking sweet. I like the higher stance as I'm scraping the tail rotor too much. However, lowering the electronics (and thus cg) is a "have to" to avoid tip overs. Then again, the SuperSkids should be wider also right?

I need to re-read this thread and see exactly what TRex tail pieces is needed to change out. I was eyeing a CNC tail assembly from some Chinese store for $33 (less $ than an all plastic TRex set up) but don't know if it is a cheap knockoff with bad quality or not. However, my stock tail have taken enough tail strikes to get slightly sloppy so bad CNC might still be an improvement perhaps.

[snip]
Flew the HBFP this morning before work...so carefree and simple hardware set up. I'm wondering if belt tail is really worth it...considering I don't do hardcore maneuvers.
Dude....

Here is the parts list I garnered from the thread.....to save you some time....maybe you can cross reference with a CNC setup:

(ordered from ReadyHeli)
HS1031 HS1031 Bearings MR83ZZ 3x8x3mm (4) $4.99
HS1077 HS1077 Tail Case Set $6.99
HS1199 HS1199 Tail Rotor Parts $23.99
HS1208 HS1208 Tail Rotor Blade $4.99

The TRex tail case takes larger bearings than the Compy but uses the Compy tail rotor shaft. Somewhere I read the TRex Batwing blades have more "bite".....pun intended!!

Yep....gotta love the HeeBeeFeeP....! Kinda "Wash 'n Wear" heli flying, eh....?

Cuzn
CuznWeakEyes is offline Find More Posts by CuznWeakEyes
Old Jun 09, 2008, 11:05 AM
It's all up from here..
Prince Rupert, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAviationjay
Cuzn,
what frame is that? that a Compy CP frame? mine doesnt have the room yours has where your motor is mounted.

Much tighter area just for the batt and some avionics.
Jay....
It's the standard Compy FP BD frame...The Esky 3900 BL motor is pretty short....28 mm from mount to end bell. You are running the ARC 130 I believe...? I have an ARC 80 and it won't fit in that lower bay as it is 33 mm long....

Cuzn
Old Jun 09, 2008, 11:14 AM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuznWeakEyes
Jay....
It's the standard Compy FP BD frame...The Esky 3900 BL motor is pretty short....28 mm from mount to end bell. You are running the ARC 130 I believe...? I have an ARC 80 and it won't fit in that lower bay as it is 33 mm long....

Cuzn
thats not how mine looks at all heres mine..

mine has the battery tray supports in a different spot as well as a much longer avionics rack..
Old Jun 09, 2008, 11:22 AM
It's all up from here..
Prince Rupert, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdnunoc
Cuzn, sounds like a very high-authority servo setup. Very nice. You're very patient in getting things just right, instead of "ready, fire, AIM!!!"

The HS-65's will take a little modding to get them into the frame, as they're about 1.5mm longer than the mounting bay for the servo. Not a problem, as the screw holes still line up, but takes a little file work.

Great build! looking forward to seeing the fruits!
Murd.....

Thanks.....you're right....had to scrape and file a bit to get them to seat properly. The pitch cyclic servo is mounting on the outside port side, and the lower case sticks out a ways...will have little clearance from the canopy....the roll cyclic servo case will be totally within the frame.....

...any ideas how to mount an Esky HH gyro....? I haven't re-read the thread, but somewhere I believe it mentions mounting on it's side...??? Facing aft...??

Cuzn
Old Jun 09, 2008, 11:24 AM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Murd.....

Thanks.....you're right....had to scrape and file a bit to get them to seat properly. The pitch cyclic servo is mounting on the outside port side, and the lower case sticks out a ways...will have little clearance from the canopy....the roll cyclic servo case will be totally within the frame.....

...any ideas how to mount an Esky HH gyro....? I haven't re-read the thread, but somewhere I believe it mentions mounting on it's side...??? Facing aft...??

Cuzn
mount on the gyro platform? they molded a platform there above the boom for the gyro.. telebee fits perfect there.
see above pic..
Old Jun 09, 2008, 11:24 AM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
I brought the motor to work and was fiddling with it at my desk and the once bullet connector that I did not solder myself broke off. Just with gentle tuging. So I think the motor is ok. KC I would cut those connectors off when you get the motor and solder them really good yourself. I had to do two of them from failures and have to do this last one too.
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Old Jun 09, 2008, 11:26 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
Mine is hanging in just fine

-Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Jun 09, 2008, 11:31 AM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2007
195 Posts
Quote:
2 x HS-65HB cyclic servos
1 x Futaba S3154 tail rotor servo
Esky 0704A HH Gyro
HS65HB is an overkill for this heli. I mean a *serious* overkill. Go with S3153 on the cyclics, I believe they fit compy frame screw mounts. Ditch the Esky gyro, it's no good. If you want a really solid one get Logictech 2100T (also branded by Hitech), for cheaper one Telebee may be a decent option.
Shogo is offline Find More Posts by Shogo
Last edited by Shogo; Jun 09, 2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old Jun 09, 2008, 11:34 AM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Murd.....

Cuzn
Cuz,
That is correct....on its side...label facing tail Ohhh, depending on which servo you use, you might need to flip it over (still on its side). This will reverse servo direction. I'm using tower pro 9g and the servo plug is on the left side (looking FROM the tail). Black wire on top.

-Dave
Old Jun 09, 2008, 11:38 AM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogo
HS65HB is an overkill for this heli. I mean a *serious* overkill. Go with S3155 on the cyclics, I believe they fit compy frame screw mounts. Ditch the Esky gyro, it's no good. If you want a really solid one get Logictech 2100T (also branded by Hitech), for cheaper one Telebee may be a decent option.
The 'no good' Esky is the rate gyro (http://readytoflyfun.com/gyroeskyeg200a.html). New model works fine for just training and FF.

-Dave
Old Jun 09, 2008, 11:45 AM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2007
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelasso
The 'no good' Esky is the rate gyro (http://readytoflyfun.com/gyroeskyeg200a.html). New model works fine for just training and FF.

-Dave
Yes, I didn't try this one, my mistake. But cuzn was talking about 0704a which I had 2 of. One stopped working, the other was no good, usable, but not good.
Shogo is offline Find More Posts by Shogo