SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 31, 2008, 12:02 AM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109
Check my post from May 25 or so. Not counting TX/RX and Lipo, my deluxe Compy came to about $200 to get airborne.
Thanks Dude! I'll look at that.. Sounds like a Compy might be in my future.... of course I have to read the WHOLE thread first.... er.. just as soon as I get through the Blade 400 thread in mini helis... yikes... lots of reading....
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Last edited by Slyster; May 31, 2008 at 12:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2008, 02:05 AM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelasso
Tried planes ? I started with a HBCP 2 in December of '06 and I'm not bored yet. Compy CP was next...followed by a MX-400, then HDX 500 SAH http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728980 Now own 3 planes....Taylorcraft 450, Acromaster and newly acquired Extra Stiffy

-Dave
Lasso, sounds like you need to find yourself a hobby.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old May 31, 2008, 06:25 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelasso
Tried planes ? I started with a HBCP 2 in December of '06 and I'm not bored yet. Compy CP was next...followed by a MX-400, then HDX 500 SAH http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728980 Now own 3 planes....Taylorcraft 450, Acromaster and newly acquired Extra Stiffy

-Dave
Well, I'm turning 41 years old tomorrow. In my time with aviation, I started out with plastic model kits as a kid. After college, I had the funds to get into RC. Back in the early 90's, nitro airplanes were much cheaper than heli so I flew that for a year, a Tower 40 Trainer. Then moved on to real planes with a private pilot license for about 4 years. Next came marriage, house, kids and I was all the back to plastic kits but this time learning to work with airbrush to make really really nice models. Then found out how in the last 15 years, technology had miniaturized electronics so much that Lamas and HoneyBees were cheap and very flyable w/o having to join a club or get an instructor.

I still like the gracefulness of a heli flying by so I'll be flying for a few years at least. By then my boys will be old enough to take a shot at RC, excellent way to point their interest and keep them out of other troubles
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old May 31, 2008, 06:33 AM
Montreal St. Hilaire, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
169 Posts
did some of you get e-mails reply from Albert at Aero-fever wrote him 2 times never got an answer back maybe or e-mails don't got to each other...the question is where are the Compy FP-Deluxe be back in stock if one of you guys got something on this or Albert if ou see this hop in....

Thanks
Lutin is offline Find More Posts by Lutin
Old May 31, 2008, 08:48 AM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutin
did some of you get e-mails reply from Albert at Aero-fever wrote him 2 times never got an answer back maybe or e-mails don't got to each other...the question is where are the Compy FP-Deluxe be back in stock if one of you guys got something on this or Albert if ou see this hop in....

Thanks
http://www.aero-fever.net/forum/view...extra=page%3D1
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Old May 31, 2008, 08:58 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdnunoc
Lasso, sounds like you need to find yourself a hobby.
Lmbo I've got several 'enablers' RCG helps too

-Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old May 31, 2008, 08:58 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2006
166 Posts
New Compy FP-BD parts upgraded:
1) Stronger and thicker main blade control link
2) Stronger and thicker cyclic link
3) Harder material to centre hub
4) Modified tail case set with set screw fixing to tail boom. Using new material to avoid cracking when screws the the tail case together.
5) New white POM CNC main gear with better materials and warp-free
6) New aluminium main shaft collar
7) New POM paddle with tightly fixing to the flybar
8) Black color POM tail blades

Maybe the parts that are clearly poor in design and soon to be replaced should be sent to Compy owners who have problems with them FOC, after all to be changed so soon, there was a clear problem
budgetbus is offline Find More Posts by budgetbus
Old May 31, 2008, 09:06 AM
Montreal St. Hilaire, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
169 Posts
Thanks Onguard and budgetbus
Lutin is offline Find More Posts by Lutin
Old May 31, 2008, 10:24 AM
Victim of C.D.O.
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of good changes!

Wonder how long it will take for the old parts inventory to be run through and replaced by the new ones.
Old May 31, 2008, 07:23 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
WANTED: Esky HH/RATE gyro EK2-0704A

I'm looking for one ! Anybody have a used one for sale ?

-Dave
Old May 31, 2008, 08:22 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Well I'm an Impatient idiot and it cost me today =P

Its a little windy here today prolly over 10mph and I was hardheaded and impatient and wanted to fly after starting to fly circuits yesterday.

Well i was able to get a few done then was hammered by a nasty gust and tweaked my main shaft.

well came in and replaced it.. and then still being impatient went and fly again.

well this time got slammed even harder and it broke the main shaft again.. and the Xtreme blade grip plastic insert =/

Oh well
Guess that will teach me..
wait for calm weather to fly.

2 main shafts in 10 mins.. and a 25 buck CNC head.
bleh..
USNAviationjay is offline Find More Posts by USNAviationjay
Old May 31, 2008, 08:48 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAviationjay

Its a little windy here today prolly over 10mph and I was hardheaded and impatient and wanted to fly after starting to fly circuits yesterday.

Well i was able to get a few done then was hammered by a nasty gust and tweaked my main shaft.

well came in and replaced it.. and then still being impatient went and fly again.

well this time got slammed even harder and it broke the main shaft again.. and the Xtreme blade grip plastic insert =/

Oh well

bleh..
Right there with ya, bud.

I just got a used Trex a coupla days ago and was so eager after getting it set up and stuff that, instead of waiting to solder a proper battery connector, I ghetto rigged something to plug it up. Got the polarity backwards. Pop, crackle, sizzle smoke. Never torn up $100 so fast.
Old May 31, 2008, 09:05 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:

Oh well

bleh..
I've learned my lesson about pushing past my skill level prematurely, but it costs me I probably could of bought and outfitted a new FP-BD with the money I woulda saved if I'd just stayed grounded. As it is now...I can fly in 6-10 mph, but it just isn't fun at all. Sorry to hear about your misfortune Jay

-Dave
Last edited by Lonelasso; Jun 01, 2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old May 31, 2008, 09:47 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetbus
New Compy FP-BD parts upgraded:

2) Stronger and thicker cyclic link
i got 2 packs of the recent version 3 days ago.....these are waaay too loose to use. they just slide right over the swash ball(aero-fever swash), and right back off...no way i'll fly with these
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jun 01, 2008, 02:57 AM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2007
195 Posts
Quote:

Oh well

bleh..
Made the same mistake myself today, starting flying in gusting conditions and told myself I should ground it, but then decided to practice some gust conditions flying against my better judgment. My damage wasn't as extensive, only broken head, hub and flybar, the shaft didn't bend - only took 30 mins to fix, so my damaged wasn't as extensive.

Anton.
Shogo is offline Find More Posts by Shogo