SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by will_newton, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 03:28 PM
wishes this caption was longe
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
Trader Rating: 191
Sold
EMA brushless power pod for 3M or less gliders-like new!

I bought this EMA power pod to go on my Supra and have used it on only a couple of occasions. It works great, it works so well that I have decided to get a fully electric Supra!

This power pod is quite capable of handling launch needs for a 3 meter or less glider and goes on quickly with no permanent changes needing to be made to the glider.

It includes the pylon, lehner brushless motor, gearbox, folding prop, and EZ-40 ESC, all prewired with Deans plugs. All you need is a free rx channel and a 3S lipo of around 2200 mah that can handle about 40 amps.

My pod has been custom fit for a kennedy composites Supra, but can be modified to fit other gliders, by simply drilling new mounting holes. I am including the Supra bracket I made.

The takeoff climb on the Supra is gentle and easily managed versus an arc-welding setup with mega motors. I never even noticed the difference in handling other than some trim differences in the elevator.

I DID notice that i was much happier not lugging out the winch battery and retrievers. Just unpack and fly!

build thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=power+pod

$375 shipped. Paypal preferrred.

Thanks,
Will
will_newton is offline Find More Posts by will_newton
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:09 PM
Bags for hire.
Santa Fe NM USA
Joined Nov 2001
394 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Hay Will can you practice spot landings with it? I mean as far as will it take that kind of abuse?
Chad Sullivan is offline Find More Posts by Chad Sullivan
Old Dec 17, 2007, 08:10 PM
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
I don't see why not, it doesn't interfere with landings at all. If you land hard enought to break a wing or boom, then you might want to check the pod as well.

It is very well made and although I wouldn't make a habit of it, the pylon is strong enough to use as a handle to pick up and move the plane.
Last edited by will_newton; Dec 19, 2007 at 07:54 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 07:32 AM
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
want to trade for something sailplane related?
Old Jan 08, 2008, 09:24 PM
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
bump for offers
Old Jan 09, 2008, 08:32 AM
Bags for hire.
Santa Fe NM USA