38bpm
Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
11 Posts
how about this?

hao = ok/good (romanized mandarin)
bu = no/not

hao bu hao = ok, not ok

but if used in conversation it is informal way to ask "how are you". something like ni hao bu hao (pronounced nee how boo how). more common is ni hao ma (pronounced nee how mah). I'm not Chinese. I'm trying to learn Mandarin. So, I could be all wrong...

so, I found this setup for the optic 6 on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hitec-Optic-6-6-...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't need servo's, so I think this might fit the setup being described to me.

If someone can tell me if this an ok setup, I'll get it.
haobuhao is offline Find More Posts by haobuhao
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2008, 08:01 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,582 Posts
Good price for TX, Spectra and 8 channel RX. I would get it. Hu. Aloha!
Cheers,
Jim (Hawaii resident USAF duty 2001-2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by haobuhao
hao = ok/good (romanized mandarin)
bu = no/not

hao bu hao = ok, not ok

but if used in conversation it is informal way to ask "how are you". something like ni hao bu hao (pronounced nee how boo how). more common is ni hao ma (pronounced nee how mah). I'm not Chinese. I'm trying to learn Mandarin. So, I could be all wrong...

so, I found this setup for the optic 6 on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hitec-Optic-6-6-...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't need servo's, so I think this might fit the setup being described to me.

If someone can tell me if this an ok setup, I'll get it.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Mar 16, 2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 09:40 PM
38bpm
Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
11 Posts
thanks!

Thanks for the info and help. I've just purchased it, and once it arrives and I make progress, I'll update this thread.

aloha
haobuhao is offline Find More Posts by haobuhao
Old Mar 16, 2008, 05:30 PM
multirotor/hotliner pilot
Chicago, IL
Joined Aug 2005
2,805 Posts
Are PID loops advantageous over FLC loops for this purpose? It seems that I haven't read anything about FLC loops being used yet in quadrocopters. Also, from your perspective, is there any advantage to utilizing faster processors that the Atmel family microcontrollers? I know AcendTec (X-BL-UFO) is going to be releasing a gyro board (OpenSourcePilot/FunPilot) based on a 60MHz, 32-bit ARM7. Up until then everything seems to have worked fine on 8-20MHz, 8-bit chips. With the additional processing power, is there any opportunity for more complex control loops that provide better stability? Or is stability for this application more related to the quality of the piezo elements and their resolution/quality?

Nice work so far. It's inspiring to see someone's work unfold and to learn how it's all put together.

Damon
saturnine is offline Find More Posts by saturnine
Old Mar 16, 2008, 05:38 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Feb 2007
320 Posts
Well judging from your Avatar, well be OK just as long as I don't steal your wave.
Good luck with the Quad, look forward to some flying videos.
-Grais,
Graiskye is offline Find More Posts by Graiskye
Old Sep 23, 2009, 01:48 AM
Colombo
Joined Jun 2009
4 Posts
Hey guyz..
sorry for digging up an old thread..
I'm also in the middle of building such a Quadrotor. I have a question about PWM Signals.
I decided to use PIC18F4431 to generate four PWM signals at 50MHz. In order to drive the speed controllers(I'm using TowerPro 25A s) we have to provide 5% - 10% duty cycle. Assuming that I'm using 40MHz crystal, the maximum resolution that I can go is around 150 steps.
(Fosc=40MHz, PreScale=64, Fpwm=50Hz --> PeriodReg = 3124
0% to 100% = 0 - 3124
5% to 10% = 156.2 - 312.4 (Zero rpm to Max rpm)
312-156 = 156 steps )

Means that I will only have around 150 different speeds of a motor which I think is not at all enough.
So I thought of writing a software PWM rather than using the hardware available. But even using a software PWM,it will be very hard to achieve 1000 steps. (Because single PIC have generate 4 PWM signals)
So now I'm ended up with the idea of using four small PICs just to generate the desired PWM signals. But I haven't seen any such design..
Could you please tell me what I have done wrong here?
How do Mk and other products generate PWM signals?
Thanks in advance..
Hero.sl is offline Find More Posts by Hero.sl
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:33 AM
Joined Oct 2008
330 Posts
Well, for one thing, I have never heard of an ESC that has more than 256 steps, so there is no real reason to output 1000.

The Quaduino only uses a little bit over 100 steps, and it flies very well.

You might want to look at outputting at a higher frequency though. Helps cut down on latency.
Fredjikrang is offline Find More Posts by Fredjikrang
Old Sep 23, 2009, 09:39 AM
Colombo
Joined Jun 2009
4 Posts
Oh god!! I never knew that.. I was struggling to get higher steps thinking that it will help for good flight. Thanks a lot bro..
Hero.sl is offline Find More Posts by Hero.sl