Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by BoneDoc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 06:11 AM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Discussion
3DHobbyShop.com's 47" Extra 300 SHP

Better known simply as the "SHP", this plane is really the perrenial favorite on RCGroups. There are good reasons why: it 3Ds really well, docile and mild mannered when you push the sticks; it's durable as heck also as with all 3DH planes . Hope you enjoy the videos.

47" SHP - VIDEO #1

47" SHP - VIDEO #2: DURABILITY TESTING .

47" SHP - VIDEO #3

47" SHP - VIDEO #4: Maiden Flight of SHP #2

47" SHP - VIDEO #5: Maiden Flight of SHP #2 part Deux

47" SHP - VIDEO #6: Late afternoon fun
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Last edited by BoneDoc; Feb 25, 2008 at 01:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2008, 05:06 PM
Toronto,Canada
Joined Jul 2002
435 Posts
Hi Josh,

I'm downloading this now, using an ancient technology known as "dial up"

I might find out from watching the video, before you have a chance to reply to this message, but :

1) Are you flying the plane in the video ?

2) If so, how do find the plane compares to your apparently favorite AJ Slick model ?

3) Do you have some kind of deal with 3DH for promotiing their models (greatly deserved if so).

While you're obviously into 3d and might be bored, I'd love to see you and Inn do a video on "plain old fashioned" aerobatics (loop, cuban, reverse cuban, immelman, split-s ) etc.

I'd also love to see how the AJ SLick, Extra SHP, and any other planes you own compare in their stall characteristics :

E.g., you might fly S&L at whatever altitude you're confident at, then demonstrate a power off stall. (Does a "neutrally" stable plane (that I assume you use) even pitch down at the stall, or does it just "mush" straight down?

Do you in fact setup your planes with a neutral c.g. ? ... or slightly unstable (c.g. aft of neutral point?) If you do set them up aft-unstable, what does a power off stall look like?

thx again for doing these vids, I've almost collected them all (yes using dialup !)

Mike
MikeSt is offline Find More Posts by MikeSt
Old Aug 25, 2008, 05:23 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
1) Pilot's listed at the beginning of each video (in this case, it's all me)
2) The SHP is a nice low and slow type plane. The AJ Slick is a bit bigger and has a little more versatility
3) I'm one of the 3DH Team Pilot.

My flights are mixes of 3D and Precision (my version of it at least ).

Check out my Aspera and Inspire 90 videos for more "traditional" aerobatics.

All planes will pitch down (please see my Harrier clinic) at stall. You need to add a little bit of throttle to bring the nose up.

I like my planes neutral to slightly nose heavy (dips down just a hair on inverted).
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Aug 25, 2008, 07:59 PM
Toronto,Canada
Joined Jul 2002
435 Posts
Just watched the video. (Video #1) Great flying as usual !

Do you remember what the motor/battery/prop was ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc
2) The SHP is a nice low and slow type plane. The AJ Slick is a bit bigger and has a little more versatility
It didn't look all that "low and slow" in Doc Austin's "Sport SHP" thread

Quote:
3) I'm one of the 3DH Team Pilot.
Cool !, I was looking at some of your other threads, and it looks?? like you only started flying (or at least posting here , about 4 years ago?

Do you happen to fly full scale ? (i.e. "real" planes ... I mean planes that you can sit inside of : )

Quote:
Check out my Aspera and Inspire 90 videos for more "traditional" aerobatics.
Thx, will do.

Quote:
All planes will pitch down (please see my Harrier clinic) at stall. You need to add a little bit of throttle to bring the nose up.

I like my planes neutral to slightly nose heavy (dips down just a hair on inverted).
How do you find the netural point on your planes? From some reading, I've seen that 35% MAC is a "rough" estimate for the n.p. ??

Mike

p.s. Are you a chiropractor ?
MikeSt is offline Find More Posts by MikeSt
Last edited by Mike Stramba; Aug 25, 2008 at 08:58 PM.